MLG drops Halo 4 off the Pro Circuit, thanks to Virgin Gaming.

#61GotThat415SwagPosted 12/30/2012 12:18:49 AM
Too bad, as silly as the concept of MLG is I know there were a lot of people out there who still really enjoyed competitive halo. But it's not like this is a huge surprise.
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#62FaithInAllPosted 12/30/2012 12:23:24 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Bigtymer113 posted...
Black Ops
Flack Jacket-so stupid

If you get hit with a grenade and live because of FJ, than that is what is considered to be not being penalized for your mistakes.

Decoy Grenades

Promotes camping

Flamethrower-But Master Key is AOKAY with them. Completely laughable.

Why, if they are striving for a competitive game, have a flamethrower in it? It just isn't necessary in CoD and promotes camping with its limited range.

Warlord(2 Attachments)-This is just silly

So guns aren't overpowered and cheap combinations can be exploited

MW3
Riot Shield- I mean nothing else needs to be said here. The Riot Shield didn't even work half the time?

Promotes camping

Black Ops 2
Assault Shield-Again Riot Shield lol
Trophy System-Again just lol
Awareness-When it doesn't even work on that game
Flack Jacket-Again lol
Overkill-So laughable

I haven't played BO2 that much to really comment on these, but again most of the bans are put into place to make the game on the most competitive and even playing field as possible. Don't like their gametypes? THEN DON'T PLAY THEM.

MLG is a complete joke. I feel sorry for anyone who takes it seriously.

ur mum is a joek LOLz (lulz)

The counters you give are laughable. Seriously Riot Shield? Lol, every person that I've ever seen using a Riot Shield has always been a rusher.It barely even works half the time since you can knife straight through it, or shoot at the feet or side.(Seriously not that hard to counter)FJ is laughable because that's WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO. For the reason that you give the Flamethrower same can be said about the MasterKey or for anything for that matter. Irritates ya then just adapt around it.

People that don't do MLG I think are even more MLG since they have more stuff they have to be worried about, and they can adapt better. Sure they can use cheap tactics, but that makes for the opposition to ADAPT around it.

You know what I got a new acronym for MLG. I'm gonna call it ICALG for I Can't Adapt League Gaming.

You're missing the point completely.
#63Bigtymer113Posted 12/30/2012 12:29:09 AM
The counters you give are laughable. Seriously Riot Shield? Lol, every person that I've ever seen using a Riot Shield has always been a rusher.It barely even works half the time since you can knife straight through it, or shoot at the feet or side.(Seriously not that hard to counter)

But it also can promote camping. Plus, press the melee button twice on an enemy up close while they cant defend themselves is considered cheap and not skillful, thus, they banned it.

FJ is laughable because that's WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO.

Which is why it's banned...?

For the reason that you give the Flamethrower same can be said about the MasterKey or for anything for that matter.

I honestly don't know about the Master Key. I feel like that should be banned as well.

Irritates ya then just adapt around it.

Settling for mediocrity is a trait of young people these days that should be changed.

People that don't do MLG I think are even more MLG since they have more stuff they have to be worried about, and they can adapt better. Sure they can use cheap tactics, but that makes for the opposition to ADAPT around it.

If people are playing for thousands of dollars, would you really want a game to be settled by a player camping behind a corner with a riot shield and when you cross the corner you end up getting killed by an easy double melee? THOUSANDS of dollars are on the line at tournaments and they don't want anything cheap to happen like that.

You know what I got a new acronym for MLG. I'm gonna call it ICALG for I Can't Adapt League Gaming.

Elamite Warrior (Former MLG Halo Pro) won the U.S. Championship in Halo 3 (50k) and the settings were on AR starts default.
---
Poetic Justice
GT: Swizzy Dangles
#64zerooo0Posted 12/30/2012 12:33:53 AM
Bigtymer113 posted...
The counters you give are laughable. Seriously Riot Shield? Lol, every person that I've ever seen using a Riot Shield has always been a rusher.It barely even works half the time since you can knife straight through it, or shoot at the feet or side.(Seriously not that hard to counter)

But it also can promote camping. Plus, press the melee button twice on an enemy up close while they cant defend themselves is considered cheap and not skillful, thus, they banned it.

FJ is laughable because that's WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO.

Which is why it's banned...?

For the reason that you give the Flamethrower same can be said about the MasterKey or for anything for that matter.

I honestly don't know about the Master Key. I feel like that should be banned as well.

Irritates ya then just adapt around it.

Settling for mediocrity is a trait of young people these days that should be changed.

If people are playing for thousands of dollars, would you really want a game to be settled by a player camping behind a corner with a riot shield and when you cross the corner you end up getting killed by an easy double melee? THOUSANDS of dollars are on the line at tournaments and they don't want anything cheap to happen like that.

Elamite Warrior (Former MLG Halo Pro) won the U.S. Championship in Halo 3 (50k) and the settings were on AR starts default.

Lol just so wrong here. The only thing I can respect is Elamite Warrior guy for doing it on the basic settings.

The reasons ya give are so laughable that I'm not even gonna waste my time arguing with them. It's so funny lol. Ah the ban list promises laughter.
---
Games I'm looking forward to:Lightning Returns:FFXIII,MGR:R,GTA5,Bioshock Infinite,and TLOU
#65GotThat415SwagPosted 12/30/2012 12:36:29 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Bigtymer113 posted...
Black Ops
Flack Jacket-so stupid

If you get hit with a grenade and live because of FJ, than that is what is considered to be not being penalized for your mistakes.

Decoy Grenades

Promotes camping

Why, if they are striving for a competitive game, have a flamethrower in it? It just isn't necessary in CoD and promotes camping with its limited range.

MW3
Riot Shield- I mean nothing else needs to be said here. The Riot Shield didn't even work half the time?

Promotes camping

Black Ops 2
Flack Jacket-Again lol
Overkill-So laughable

I haven't played BO2 that much to really comment on these, but again most of the bans are put into place to make the game on the most competitive and even playing field as possible. Don't like their gametypes? THEN DON'T PLAY THEM.

The counters you give are laughable. Seriously Riot Shield? Lol, every person that I've ever seen using a Riot Shield has always been a rusher.It barely even works half the time since you can knife straight through it, or shoot at the feet or side.(Seriously not that hard to counter)FJ is laughable because that's WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO. For the reason that you give the Flamethrower same can be said about the MasterKey or for anything for that matter. Irritates ya then just adapt around it.

You don't know what you're talking about, quit while you're behind.

Let's use Reach MLG as an example. Was armor lock removed because MLG players couldn't adapt to it? No, MLG players can stomp in Team Slayer all day. Certain aspects of the game are removed to better suit competitive play.

Overall, what I'm saying is MLG players can adapt to anything, but they adjust the settings to make the game flow better.
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#66NemesisX100Posted 12/30/2012 12:39:41 AM
Not surprising but still lame. And yes some people want to express their competitive personalities through Halo, what's really wrong with that? Street Fighter 4 and MVC3 came out in 2009/2010 and I got my first taste of the tournament scene at FInal Round 2011/2012 and a really great time. Since it's in Georgia you got plenty of **** talk but if you ask anybody for tips they're glad to help you out. Don't make fun of somebody just because they have the time to invest in something they enjoy.

Off my soapbox. Well, if MLG wont give the competitive players anywhere to go I guess the ranking system 343i puts in will have to make due....we'll see how THAT goes. =/
---
Gt: HHS Sam
UMVC3: Zero/Ammy/Doom SSF4: Chunbuki Halo4: Chief
#67OLDBOYviciousPosted 12/30/2012 1:01:20 AM(edited)
GotThat415Swag posted...
zerooo0 posted...
Bigtymer113 posted...
Black Ops
Flack Jacket-so stupid

Decoy Grenades

Promotes camping

MW3

Promotes camping

Black Ops 2
Flack Jacket-Again lol
Overkill-So laughable

You don't know what you're talking about, quit while you're behind.

Let's use Reach MLG as an example. Was armor lock removed because MLG players couldn't adapt to it? No, MLG players can stomp in Team Slayer all day. Certain aspects of the game are removed to better suit competitive play.

Overall, what I'm saying is MLG players can adapt to anything, but they adjust the settings to make the game flow better.

In ancient Rome, when Gladiators fought, they were given weapons that limited their ability to injure so the fights would be longer and dramatic. Rarely were two guys with gladiuses (sword) pitted against one another, because then the first good hit would end the battle and the crowds would be disappointed. More often a guy would get the Myrmidon(I think that's what it was called) set- a net and trident while another would get a spear and small shield. This would make the battle more intense, last longer, and the wounds would not be instantly lethal. This is what the crowd wanted to see.

MLG tries to do the same thing, limiting game options so that the game is more dramatic, competitive, and fun to watch. Ultimately, they want viewers, and close matches that come down to "next kill wins" with 30 seconds left on the clock are way more exciting to see than kill after kill after kill and a minute in one side wins.
---
Kids, you gotta keep your meat ice cold!
#68SomnambulisticPosted 12/30/2012 1:06:36 AM
It's done moreso for the players' sakes, not the viewers'. Even playing field, good balance, taking out the luck factor and making as much of it as possible rely on skill - that sort of stuff.
---
You wanna live forever?
#69iRGushPosted 12/30/2012 7:22:07 AM
I don't even know why Blops 2 is being considering, black ops was a joke when it was on the circuit last year.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#70Aeres116699Posted 12/30/2012 7:53:29 AM
curtland posted...
As a fan of COD... who gives a crap? "Competitive gaming" is a joke.

You're looking at the wrong games, then.