The last level reminds me of Star Fox 64

#11enterthemadroxPosted 12/31/2012 3:00:00 AM
Man, I loved that game (alhough it was called Lylat Wars here in Europe). First videogame to have a rumble feature too with the Rumble Pak IIRC (then Sony installed a rumble feature into the actual controller in later editions of theirs).

Might dig out my N64 and play it today, still never got all the medals. Got the main theme music in my head though now...
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#12thehelpfulgamerPosted 12/31/2012 3:02:53 AM
Stairfax Temperatures?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LPQ6nT4UpA
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#13JolteonPosted 12/31/2012 3:04:14 AM
First videogame to have a rumble feature too with the Rumble Pak IIRC

Yep. I believe it actually came packaged with one.
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#14enterthemadroxPosted 12/31/2012 3:08:21 AM
Jolteon posted...
First videogame to have a rumble feature too with the Rumble Pak IIRC

Yep. I believe it actually came packaged with one.

Yes it did, I still have the original box in fact. The vibration was so powerful with that thing, I'm surprised we didn't have more girl gamers appear out of nowhere purely because of that game, especially when you fired those bombs and they gave off those huge explosions (possibly like the girls who played it would've maybe probably).
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#15JolteonPosted 12/31/2012 3:11:00 AM
I remember reading a preview about the game (I think it might have even been in Nintendo Power), talking about the Rumble Pak, and how it was gonna be fully voiced, and thinking it sounded awesome. Oh man, it was. The biggest Rumble Pak-specific memories I have are thinking it was awesome in Starfox 64, and thinking that it was probably going to become a standard feature for all FPS games after Goldeneye 64 (and it pretty much was).
---
Is this finally a conundrum that CAN'T be solved by helicopter theft?
#16enterthemadroxPosted 12/31/2012 3:16:07 AM
Jolteon posted...
I remember reading a preview about the game (I think it might have even been in Nintendo Power), talking about the Rumble Pak, and how it was gonna be fully voiced, and thinking it sounded awesome. Oh man, it was. The biggest Rumble Pak-specific memories I have are thinking it was awesome in Starfox 64, and thinking that it was probably going to become a standard feature for all FPS games after Goldeneye 64 (and it pretty much was).

I used it for Blast Corps and Ocarina Of Time too (when you earned that stone that made the Pak rumble when you were near a secret area.

Kinda funny how something like that was so fresh and exciting at the time and now we're all grown up and it's become the norm and expected. Kinda like when Nintendo introduced analog sticks to their controllers, Sony started releasing brand new controllers with their own analog sticks and nowadays, we can't live without them.

Makes me wonder what the next innovation will be.
---
#17tarzanmxPosted 12/31/2012 7:20:38 AM
Jolteon posted...
Man...I forget the name of the level, but it was the second-to-last one, where you're just busting through the entire Andross armada, and one of the enemy commanders goes "these guys are crazy". Missed opportunity of the decade for Fox to say "crazy like a fox".

"They've broken through the first line!"
"They're through the second line!"
"The last line's been breached!"
"These guys are CRAZY!"... "Dang... Deploy it now!"
---
Rarity is best Pony. Yes, I'm a Brony. No, I'm not gonna try to get you to watch the show or dislike you if you don't. People can like different things.