What is really wrong with Halo 4!

#11dom18Posted 12/31/2012 8:04:25 AM
thehelpfulgamer posted...
Game is bad for a Halo game. The series has steadily declined in quality since the first one.

Also, this isn't a Halo game. It's CoD wearing a Master Chief Halloween costume.

Agreed. This game is terrible, and I've played halo since the 1st and man have I never been more disappointed.
---
GT: ZexionXIIIx6
#12MephystoPosted 12/31/2012 8:39:42 AM(edited)
JBaLLEN66 posted...
you mean halo of duty? I sold this game after the first week. Here's some things that urks me. Most of it has something to do with the class system.

1) don't like the class system, go back to starting with an assault rifle and having a race of death to the rocket spawn

No... just... no. Using a stopwatch to figure out when weapons are going to spawn =/= skill. Using said power weapons to more easily kill your opponents when they're not given the same advantages =/= skill --- you just have the bigger weapon. When a game can be boiled down to simply "whoever gets to the power weapon first wins", well, then it's actually exactly what you stated it to be - just a race to the power weapon... and skill doesn't play much part in a foot race.

You say being forced to play defensively (by virtue of everyone having access to the same weapons/loadouts) is a bad thing... i say being forced to race to the power weapon in every.. single.. match is just as bad, if not worse. At least with a class system i'm put on more or less equal ground with my opponent and neither of us has advantage due to a simple foot race to the big stick.

I would argue that skill comes more into play when players are made equal in equipment. This is exactly why i enjoyed match types like Swat in the last game over Slayer - everyone was equal in equipment, so the match came down to whoever was quicker / more accurate with their shots... in other words... it came down to skill.
#13I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/31/2012 8:44:17 AM
This is a terrible topic.
---
GT: Isorhythmic
#14H3YGUYS34Posted 12/31/2012 8:49:01 AM
The only reason i would complain about my teammate hitting me because i probably just gt respawned or i was just about to get a kill
#15lderivedxPosted 12/31/2012 10:01:35 AM
Why is it the terrible players who always want to dictate what skill is?
---
what do you expect from a gun (DMR) that has a krazy-straw for a barrel? - irishman5705
GT: i derive dx
#16I_Got_RhythmPosted 12/31/2012 10:07:46 AM
lderivedx posted...
Why is it the terrible players who always want to dictate what skill is?

They have spent more time dying than anyone else, which, in turn, allows them to observe what is effective, how it is effective, and how cheap it is.

Obviously.
---
GT: Isorhythmic
#17JBaLLEN66Posted 12/31/2012 5:38:15 PM
Mephysto posted...
JBaLLEN66 posted...
you mean halo of duty? I sold this game after the first week. Here's some things that urks me. Most of it has something to do with the class system.

1) don't like the class system, go back to starting with an assault rifle and having a race of death to the rocket spawn

No... just... no. Using a stopwatch to figure out when weapons are going to spawn =/= skill. Using said power weapons to more easily kill your opponents when they're not given the same advantages =/= skill --- you just have the bigger weapon. When a game can be boiled down to simply "whoever gets to the power weapon first wins", well, then it's actually exactly what you stated it to be - just a race to the power weapon... and skill doesn't play much part in a foot race.

You say being forced to play defensively (by virtue of everyone having access to the same weapons/loadouts) is a bad thing... i say being forced to race to the power weapon in every.. single.. match is just as bad, if not worse. At least with a class system i'm put on more or less equal ground with my opponent and neither of us has advantage due to a simple foot race to the big stick.

I would argue that skill comes more into play when players are made equal in equipment. This is exactly why i enjoyed match types like Swat in the last game over Slayer - everyone was equal in equipment, so the match came down to whoever was quicker / more accurate with their shots... in other words... it came down to skill.

cod fanboy detected
---
Him being greedy is a good thing. That means he'll want to spend less and help us get out of this debt. Gamefreak36
#18TreeBark2268Posted 12/31/2012 5:42:54 PM
Total_Reverse posted...
I'm going to sit here and tell you whats wrong with Halo. Here it is.

Players

Thats right. The only thing wrong with Halo is the fact that every complaining, whining, kid out there is ragging on Halo 4. And it's not even real problems. They say Halo is terrible because their Spartan Ops lagged or it messed up and was too slow. Well neither of those things have happened to me, so it's their consoles, discs, or internet. And they blame Halo 4 for it. And some complaints are more legit, like "my teammate betrayed me!" well so what? You lost a gun, or got 1 more death on your K/D. Come on, you've probably done it too other people. And its a video game! And even more it was just a single game! If your bad enough that your K/D is really affected by that then you shouldn't be playing. And so what you lost that gun, you'll what, get like 5 less kills? Seriously. And there are some more legit complaints, but most are just plain stupid.

Whats worse is that only the complainers or whiners post paragraph after paragraph of complaints (and I know, mine is like that) and very few people who actually love the game post why they love it. So most of the feedback tends to be negative. People should start posting why they love Halo, not the minor things wrong with it.

So here is why I love Halo:

It used to have a great community with tons of like-minded people.
The Story had me sitting on the edge of my seat and always left me wanting more.
Was a symbol of how games make consoles great, not the other way around.
Showed that a game can last for 10 years and still excite and surprise players.
Has one of the largest Universes and contains tons of Canon, Non-Canon, and FanFic.
Has great gameplay and is adaptable and isn't afraid of using tried-and-true features.
Has stunning graphics and compelling characters.
It has become the symbol for what a game can do, achieve, and what it can start.

But I certainly do not love it just because its famous, or has a lot of hype.

I completely love it because it opened my mind, showed me fun, gave me friends and most importantly, captured my heart.

So I say we should all use the 2Ps, 1M method. 2 pluses about the game and 1 bad thing about it.

Thank You for reading this post, and I hope you understand my point.

~Reverse
---

tl;dr

we have the right to complain about our purchase if it is indeed bad.
---
Trolololol
#19SpiduxLimitlessPosted 12/31/2012 5:44:58 PM
You never got lag in Spartan Ops?

You're a ****ing liar.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#20111095Posted 12/31/2012 6:35:02 PM
This is my first Halo, and tbh I really enjoy it.

I'm not very good at the moment, but after a week of playing that mkaes sense. I expect to do poorly online and I do. I'm not to bash the game.

If anyone wants to play sometime against a 17 year old British guy, then PM me and we'll exchange gamertags.

lets actually have some fun now and stop complaining
---
Call me Stamford. http://imgur.com/a/WyllZ#0 - EddieWeMissU
This line is dedicated to Bacon. <3