Is the Light Rifle worth using?

#1JackhammerM60Posted 12/31/2012 2:50:54 AM
For my Sniper Loadout, I have the DMR as my main, and the light rifle as my second. Many times however I have been discovered and and killed due to the light rifles ass suckage when unscoped.
The rifles not bad as a sniper however so I can't decide whether to replace it with the BR or Storm Rifle, or keep it as is.
Suggestions?
---
Visit Arashiboards.net for a friendly and knowledgeable Storm Community!
Official Owlman of the I:GAU and MK9 boards.
#2L337_MuffenPosted 12/31/2012 3:00:02 AM
I like it even unscoped, really depends on play style. If you're having issues with it replace it, if that doesn't make the change you wanted it to, then keep it
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#3CorndogburglarPosted 12/31/2012 3:07:51 AM
There's no reason to use anything other than the DMR. The light rifle kills faster than the DMR if you are using the scope, however, it doesnt have the same amount of aim assist as the DMR, so its a lot harder to hit people.
---
Everyone said it a was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#4Nintendo_toPosted 12/31/2012 3:43:39 AM
JackhammerM60 posted...
For my Sniper Loadout, I have the DMR as my main, and the light rifle as my second.
[...]
The rifles not bad as a sniper however so I can't decide whether to replace it with the BR or Storm Rifle, or keep it as is.
Suggestions?

If you have no intention of getting close enough to use a BR or Storm Rifle, there's no need to change.
BR's effective range is much smaller than the other two rifles, so it depends on whether or not you're comfortable with adjusting your position accordingly.
#5jester48Posted 12/31/2012 3:53:22 AM
It's fun to use from time to time, but it really isn't better than dmr/br.
---
XBL GT: Jester was good
#6iliekdatPosted 12/31/2012 3:57:54 AM
jester48 posted...
It's fun to use from time to time, but it really isn't better than dmr/br.

It's easily better than the BR if you know how to actually use it, and by that I mean the 4shot and melee tricks
#7NeeTamaPosted 12/31/2012 4:31:56 AM
A little off topic but I didnt want to make a topic all it's own:

Does the light rifle cause more visual kick when someone is shot by it than say, a DMR? I was playing a match the other day, trying to pick someone off with my DMR and whenever shot by their light rifle it's like my head was rocking backwards, made it tough to aim.

Yet I notice this to a severely lesser degree when say a BR or DMR shoots me.
#8Nintendo_toPosted 12/31/2012 4:40:06 AM
Well, when a DMR hits you, the movement speed debuff is more severe than the other precision weapons, that's all I know. I never really go for trades, so I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference. Good question; worth trying out in a custom if you have an extra controller. Then you can watch the exchange in Theater if you want to go to the other person's perspective or slow-motion it.
#9JackhammerM60(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 4:55:47 AM
Well I don't have any intention of getting close to the enemy, but every now and then someone notices that I'm picking them out from a distance and flank me (or snipe me as well).
I guess I'll play some matches with both setups and determine which is better.
Also is the CC the worst mid to long range weapon out of the 4?
Thanks for the answers.
---
Visit Arashiboards.net for a friendly and knowledgeable Storm Community!
Official Owlman of the I:GAU and MK9 boards.
#10Nintendo_toPosted 12/31/2012 5:09:38 AM
JackhammerM60 posted...
Well I don't have any intention of getting close to the enemy, but every now and then someone notices that I'm picking them out from a distance and flank me (or snipe me as well).

For that, I guess the Storm Rifle is pretty good. It's recovery time after elbow bashing is quicker than the Suppressor or AR.
Also is the CC the worst mid to long range weapon out of the 4?

As far as I'm concerned it's for people who like the magnum, but don't like reloading. It's super stable but has a weak scoping range, so I find it just funky to use. I also don't like green.