So I realized why I suck, thanks to kill cams.

#21kinggoldfingerPosted 12/31/2012 10:27:13 PM
Kill cams suck. I'm usually killed by nothing in them. In the replays it shows me running clearly out of range of fire and then dropping dead.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#22NeeTamaPosted 12/31/2012 10:30:18 PM
lol if killcams were accurate then my spartan's hitbox is three times the size it appears.
#23N1ghtm4reW0lf(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 1:34:58 AM
phillyeagles123 posted...
N1ghtm4reW0lf posted...
tubb311 posted...
If 0.64 is your K/D, than you are doing more than that wrong.

It's rising every day, it's a combination of trying to make every shot a bull's eye, as well as my hands being shaky(My game room is REALLY cold in December-February), and being really anxious/nervous whenever someone gets closer than 30 meters. Plus, I never really played the online before(I only played CTF in reach, and I was usually the carrier, if I wasn't playing Fire Fight, and I was like 10-11 when I played 3 so I sucked) so I'm used to shooting grunts and Brutes, not intelligent people.

All in all, I'm learning and finding my niche(Camo+Boltshot for the win.), but seeing the kill cams was pissing me off since I always try to hit dead center, but it looks like they can aim a mile away.

Can't help you with your heater problem.

As for aiming, your first priority should be taking out the enemy's shields. As long as you are hitting them, their shields will drop, and as soon as you see their shields pop, that's when you go for the headshot.

Camo/Boltshot isn't exactly the most honorable or skillful way to play either.

Also don't trust the killcams. They are extremely laggy online.

I know it's not honorable, I don't do it too much anymore, just when I get tired of getting my ass beat by people 4 times my level, I thought Halo had a system that grouped you with similar levels?

And I'm getting better, mostly thanks to stuff from this forum. Still have a problem with being anxious and jumpy whenever someone surprises me or gets too close, though, but i think the only way to fix that is to try and chill and play more, learn how to react and stay calm.

Despite how blunt some people were in this thread, I think it really helped me over all, to see what i was doing wrong and where I could improve.
---
Times modded for saying "re****ed" : 2
#24superhPosted 1/1/2013 6:39:41 AM
Hitbox is not any bigger than past halo games.

The HITSCAN RADIOS ON THE DMR IS MASSIVE THOUGH. It's much bigger than the cross hair on screen. That is why only the edge of the invisible crosshair only has to touch an ear or chin, whilst the visible one doesn't seem to be aiming at them at all, and the hitscan makes the weapon headshot them.

honestly, i think that is a terrible game mechanic.

On Halo 3, the BR lost all its aim assist after like 60meters. The DMR doesn't lose it at any range you would ever find yourself able to use it at online... Because the hitscan.
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
#25SahdukPosted 1/1/2013 8:27:52 AM
hitscan radios
---
"I have nightmares about Lith being our only medic."
#26aLmosT_bLinDPosted 1/1/2013 9:35:09 AM
superh posted...

The HITSCAN RADIOS ON THE DMR IS MASSIVE THOUGH. It's much bigger than the cross hair on screen. That is why only the edge of the invisible crosshair only has to touch an ear or chin, whilst the visible one doesn't seem to be aiming at them at all, and the hitscan makes the weapon headshot them.

On Halo 3, the BR lost all its aim assist after like 60meters. The DMR doesn't lose it at any range you would ever find yourself able to use it at online... Because the hitscan.

Trying to be smarter than you actually are there.
---
Gamertag: Too Relaxed
Call me Mr Swag.
#27SR_HoneybadgerzPosted 1/1/2013 11:04:13 AM
As a player who usually plays SWAT I can tell you that I always aim directly at the head. Because of this I usually have trouble in normal slayer. The reason for this is that, obviously, headshots are harder to pull off, and I was always aiming for the head. What you SHOULD do in regular slayer is shoot for the chest until shields break and then jerk your scope up for a headshot. Works every time.
#28jakeDiLLaPosted 1/1/2013 11:08:19 AM
lderivedx posted...
Yeah I'm generally not stupid enough to believe that the killcams are close to accurate.

This
#29superhPosted 1/1/2013 4:28:23 PM
aLmosT_bLinD posted...
superh posted...

Trying to be smarter than you actually are there.

what you even talking about?
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame