I don't understand why so many people like this campaign

#1Walkman_005Posted 12/31/2012 11:07:51 AM
Don't you feel like something is missing?

All you do is shoot through waves of enemies and go to a console and hold x.

That is every single mission.

Where are the epic boss battles? In in Halo 3 you fight TWO F'ING SCARABS at the same time!

The final boss for this was so disappointing. A quick time event? And he just falls to his death.

At least let us shoot the guy up or something.
#2DSquariusPosted 12/31/2012 11:08:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3DSquariusPosted 12/31/2012 11:09:52 AM
Damn spelling mistakes!

Bah!

You're going to get a bunch of responses like "when has Halo featured boss battles?" blah blah blah.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#4ODommPosted 12/31/2012 11:13:20 AM
I think now that they are implementing evade abilities like the Thruster, bosses are a lot more feasible. Bosses just never worked in Halo though, you were slow, couldn't take a lot of damage, and the only attacks you had were the guns at your disposal.

True bosses wouldn't work in Halo because of the damage scale. How could one Elite kill you by kicking you in the face while a transcendent being couldn't just off you in 10 seconds.
I'm ok with no bosses in Halo per say, but I think they should bring back Scarabs cause the Lich just isn't as cool :\
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#5ShytheSepthKangPosted 12/31/2012 11:28:42 AM
Only one thing was missing: epic escape on a Warthog while everything is blowing up.
But I guess the Broadsword sequence was cool enough.

And...uhm. You're really banalizing the game. It's a FPS, of course it's main concept will be "shoot the enemies, go to checkpoint". If you banalize it, you can criticize any game :/

And epic boss battles...meh. Never really considered Halo a game with great boss battles.
The way the Didact was defeated...well, considering the context, it was the best way I think to deal with him. There was no way Master Chief could have defeated him the conventional way and I didn't dislike lodging a grenade into him.

Halo isn't an arcade style game, I don't think it's made for boss battles. A Didact boss battle would have just been a pain in the ass as the Tartarus battle.
---
Topic: Why do people refer to the Berserker as a SHE???(GoW)
Answer: Ever seen a woman on her period and you just ate the last of the ice cream?
#6ZeroSkyPosted 12/31/2012 11:30:36 AM
I do miss Scarabs. Reach was such a tease, having it walk right by and not getting to actually do anything with it.
#7SunDevil77Posted 12/31/2012 11:39:55 AM
People don't like what I like

MUST MAKE TOPIC
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#8phillyeagles123Posted 12/31/2012 11:43:05 AM(edited)
My only complaint is that the ending was a bit anticlimactic. I was expecting more of a fight with the Didact than just a QTE.
Other than that I loved the campaign.
#9Trevz-117Posted 12/31/2012 11:44:02 AM
ShytheSepthKang posted...
Only one thing was missing: epic escape on a Warthog while everything is blowing up.
But I guess the Broadsword sequence was cool enough.

I loved the Broadsword scene in the final it really set the mood. It made me really want to kill the didac. The music was perfect but wouldn't mind if they had this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXDEscgiTa8
#10jakeDiLLaPosted 12/31/2012 11:58:56 AM
I agree Halo 3 is better, and there definitely IS a lack of variety (you're right about activating consoles) but I don't think it needed Boss battles, I think they should've thrown in some puzzles.

They're just afraid that people would not be able to run through the campaign like you can now. It's more casual friendly.

I still enjoyed it, very cinematic.