watchers question?

#1ashtrayhaertPosted 12/31/2012 1:29:14 PM
what is the best weapon to take them out
#2The_87_ReaperPosted 12/31/2012 1:35:13 PM
Any automatic weapon, some might work better than others, but I've never really noticed.
---
The future does not exist, because by the the time you're there it's already the present.
Dr. Richard Epear - May 1st 2009
#3RasafarianPosted 12/31/2012 1:36:51 PM
sniper, binary rifle, beam rifle are all a OSK, but they are fairly uncommon weapons.

I usually end up using DMR or Light Rifle.
---
He may be an idiot, but at least he hasn't forgotten his kung-fu...
GT: Scarlettbaby
#4EDarienPosted 12/31/2012 1:44:55 PM
I always rush (they don't hit hard unless they're turning your grenade into a Pulse Grenade to sap your shield) with an automatic weapon, too. Honestly, the precision weapons are great for Crawlers, OSK to the head. Watchers and Knights are easier with Automatics, I find. You rush, auto-fire and, for Knights, melee for the kill when the shield pops.

All pretty basic, formulaic kills, honestly.
---
Lali-ho!
#5RasafarianPosted 12/31/2012 1:50:18 PM
EDarien posted...
I always rush (they don't hit hard unless they're turning your grenade into a Pulse Grenade to sap your shield) with an automatic weapon, too. Honestly, the precision weapons are great for Crawlers, OSK to the head. Watchers and Knights are easier with Automatics, I find. You rush, auto-fire and, for Knights, melee for the kill when the shield pops.

All pretty basic, formulaic kills, honestly.

I usually encounter the watchers at range, since they gotta go first. Up close, ya, I'll switch to an automatic, but most of my encounters with them seem to be beyond the effective range of automatics.
---
He may be an idiot, but at least he hasn't forgotten his kung-fu...
GT: Scarlettbaby
#6jakeDiLLaPosted 12/31/2012 1:58:49 PM
Don't use automatic unless theyre close obviously, which they usually aren't. DMR is best but BR works just as well if they're not too far.

And of course sniping them takes one shot.
#7enterthemadroxPosted 12/31/2012 2:06:58 PM
Yeah, I normally DMR them from a distance and only really use my AR if a Crawler rushes me or if I go head to head with a Knight.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#8The_87_ReaperPosted 12/31/2012 2:13:55 PM
Personally I would still use the DMR if a Crawler rushed me, because I know I still had a chance of one shotting it.

Knights it depends, I have noticed that the tend to teleport less if you're shooting at them from a distance.
---
The future does not exist, because by the the time you're there it's already the present.
Dr. Richard Epear - May 1st 2009
#9ArkJJPosted 12/31/2012 2:47:48 PM
Automatics for CQC, BR or DMR for distance. You can also use the Knights to get them killed. Just kill 1 then wait for the Watcher to get close to try to revive him, then do whatever you feel like to him. Only consistent way I've found to get an assassination on them.
---
Those who criticize our generation forget who raised it.
#10EDarienPosted 1/2/2013 12:59:13 PM
Agreed they usually start at range, but I find their damage, at that range, negligible. I'll either kill a Knight, as others suggested, to bring them closer or rush them and use the auto. It's just more reliable, to me, than using a DMR on them. Once you get a hit, they fly off and I keep shooting through the circular "wings" on their back, so I've taken to luring them closer and going automatic.

As for the Crawlers, I also keep my precision up for them. At a certain point in the campaign I just went full Light Rifle/Suppressor. Suppressor for Knights/Watchers/Elites and the LR for the mobs of Crawlers. The reason I went those two opposed to the other precision/automatics was just the rate of scavenged ammo. Since you're killing so many Knights/Crawlers they keep your ammo topped off fairly well. My "SP OPs" spec uses firepower with a DMR and Suppressor, which I might change to AR or SR, but not sure yet. I find that the SR doesn't really have the damage at range that I need for Elites, but it is my favorite of the 3 just by preference. AR on the other hand would probably be the best choice as it's the most reliable of the 3 as range increases, but still ... I just wanted some variation from all UNSC weapons. I'll likely still change it, though, just for the easier kills/use of Dexterity which also SR doesn't mesh with as well.
---
Lali-ho!