Idea on how to balance the DMR

#1MoeLester518Posted 12/31/2012 1:30:49 PM
Not sure if this is original or not but why not lower the damage of the DMR but raise the headshot bonus on it ? If I have my stats both the DMR and BR are 4 body shots to lower shields and 1 last headshot to kill. If 343 tweeked the DMR so it has to be 5 body shots to lower shield and 1 headshot to kill , but if they land 5 headshots its a kill?
---
GT: Myneegrows518
PSN: moelester518
#2demonicshockPosted 12/31/2012 1:32:19 PM
You balance the DMR by using the DMR against other DMR users.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
GT: cemetery ghoul
#3iRGushPosted 12/31/2012 1:44:18 PM
Reduce aim assist.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#4I have no namePosted 12/31/2012 1:54:27 PM
demonicshock posted...

343 fails at game design by offering the player 4 precision weapons but making 3 of them completely outclassed.

Seriously this argument gets brought up in defense of every poorly designed FPS.

"It's balanced if you use the FAMAS to."

"It's balanced if you use the M16A3 to."

"It's balanced if you use the DMR to."

I'm aware that everyone using the exact same thing would be balanced, did not need your help pointing that out. I'm complaining because everyone using the same weapon is boring and the game would be far more interesting if the developers made weapons with strengths and weaknesses instead of one option being better in every single category, not because I've suffered a head injury and can't grasp the concept of identical objects balancing each other out.
---
"Sir, I don't think I'd care to look at a nun's legs. It'd be very impolite."
"You'll just have to force yourself Godfrey. This is war!"
#5ViperOfDornePosted 12/31/2012 1:56:46 PM
I have no name posted...
demonicshock posted...

343 fails at game design by offering the player 4 precision weapons but making 3 of them completely outclassed.

Seriously this argument gets brought up in defense of every poorly designed FPS.

"It's balanced if you use the FAMAS to."

"It's balanced if you use the M16A3 to."

"It's balanced if you use the DMR to."

I'm aware that everyone using the exact same thing would be balanced, did not need your help pointing that out. I'm complaining because everyone using the same weapon is boring and the game would be far more interesting if the developers made weapons with strengths and weaknesses instead of one option being better in every single category, not because I've suffered a head injury and can't grasp the concept of identical objects balancing each other out.

Precisely. What's the point of having multiple choices if most of those choices end up being a handicap?
#6A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 12/31/2012 1:58:26 PM
Playing this game is like playing rock paper scissors bomb, and people can't understand how using bomb every time gets old fast.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#7pookiejinPosted 12/31/2012 2:04:05 PM
the problem with the DMR isnt the damage. its the ROF and the Aim assist. i can have the very edge (sometimes not even the edge) of the reticle on someone and it will register a headshot. the thing acts like its shooting cannonballs and its way too easy to exploit that. The ROF is faster at putting out shields and getting a headshot at close range than even the Assault rifle at close range. The hipfire reticle needs to be shrunk and the zoom reticle should be the way it is now, making it less useful on a hipfire but more accurate at range. This however runs into the issue of it being far too much like the light rifle. this shouldnt be an issue because they are both precision ranged weapons and should be treated the same.

as it is the DMR out classes everything because its hipfire/scope is better than everything else. it has no drawback to either, unlike every other precision weapon.