What is killing Halo 4?

#11appleturnover87Posted 1/1/2013 2:12:08 PM
poopinyoface posted...
I think this game is great.

Ah, poopinyoface thinks it's great guys. That's a great indicator
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#12yoshiisbackPosted 1/1/2013 2:18:40 PM
The matchmaking system is silly without ranks. In Halo 2 and 3, you knew who was typically better than you according to rank, and this game needs that.
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
#13SupahEnzoPosted 1/1/2013 2:22:57 PM
As a fellow Halo fan and competitive player I honestly just dont want to play a broken game. Halo 4 needs an update where ranks are visible in game. People really shouldn't start out with boltshot but if you must have it as a starting weapon nerf it then, its too OP to the point people get annoyed and stop playing altogether.as well as other weapons the boltshot was an example. The game got very repetitive and it seems boring(to me). the competitive settings are not set in stone and if they are there wont be a playlist for it. anyways thats how i feel, which is why i wont play at the moment and also the fact i have a real life with real problems and there are just some things that are more important right now.
#14Silent-N-DeadlyPosted 1/1/2013 2:33:18 PM
i dont like how weapons like, dmr, battle rifle, light rifle have taken over
---
PSN: Silent-N-Deadly
#15JPNastyPosted 1/1/2013 2:36:41 PM
I personally love the game and think it's the best Halo yet (yes I've played all the others, unless wars counts). But, even though the game does have its stupid things (others halos had their own stupid things) my biggest problem isnt as much with the game, as it is with 343. I just feel like 343 doesnt connect with the fanbase as much as bungie did.
#16pookiejinPosted 1/1/2013 2:37:42 PM
this topic/poll is ironic.
#17MonoSilentDPosted 1/1/2013 2:46:21 PM
The constant whining from the community. If you don't like the game then STOP PLAYING IT! Trade it to GameStop and get cod or something.
#18Super VejitaPosted 1/1/2013 2:51:09 PM
I don't think it's dying. Though the whining is pretty annoying if you ask me.

I think it's too early to say 343 mismanaged it, as it's only been out for two months and there is an update coming...though they have dropped the ball when it comes to Spec Codes.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#19MetaXGrossPosted 1/1/2013 2:56:51 PM
Other.

1. Too many power weapons
2. Ordnance Drops
3. Weapon Spawns are random & spawn halfway into the game. Like on Complex the Laser doesn't spawn right off the bat. Rockets on Abandon.
4. The little things that were change from previous Halos that didn't need to be changed. Flinching while zoomed in, no pickup on grenades without a perk.
5. Armor Abilites. I just hate them all.
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#20___Smile___Posted 1/1/2013 3:09:54 PM
I'll admit, the game is in desperate need of a ranking system. When I first started out as like a level 1 through 10, I would very frequently have to go up against numerous guys in the 80s, 90s, or 100s. So I'd get my ass kicked over and over again because, yeah, I was new and they had played like a thousand games already. That should never happen. Even now that I'm a little better, being around level 30, I still don't like playing against guys that high, and I shouldn't have to.

It's not that hard to design a system that matches you against players of a similar skill level to yours. I feel like everyone would have more fun that way, as the challenge would be appropriate. I don't really have fun playing people far worse than me, and I definitely don't have fun playing people far better than me.

Other than that, the game is a lot of fun and I'm having a very good time with it. Of course, a popular online game is naturally going to have an awful lot of trolls and haters, so I'm not really all that surprised to see these Halo 4 boards absolutely jam-packed with users who seem to despise Halo 4.
---
I wear a necklace, cause I wanna know when I'm upside down.
Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.