Is Halo stealing back some of it's fans from CoD?

#1Trevz-117Posted 1/1/2013 2:44:20 PM
I remember when Halo was the biggest fps (f*** it best game around), When I was in school all the fella's would talk about halo last night on how many kills and such. And when Halo 3 was coming out oh lord was there so much hype and excitement for it. And I'm talking about everyone from your jocks to your nerds. It was tipped the best game of the year. But unfortunately for Halo this was the year Call of Duty 4 was released and a lot halo's fanbase diminished over time. As the call of duty train start getting getting more steam I noticed people stop talking about how they got an awesome plasma stuck last night to I got 4 appachi copters in one match. But with Halo 4s release Alot more people have returned. Why do you think this is?
#2JPNastyPosted 1/1/2013 2:47:19 PM
Because of advertisement and the addition of things from cod, which is a good thing.
---
Gamertag: BrentxJPNasty
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/1/2013 2:48:10 PM
Didn't you post this earlier this week?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#4Pro7oPosted 1/1/2013 2:50:50 PM
Nobody returned, Call of Duty is a multiplatform casual Juggernaut.
Halo is becoming niche as hell, which is sad because Halo 3 was a supernova
---
"Guys Like You Make Us Look Bad"
#5enterthemadroxPosted 1/1/2013 2:54:08 PM
Funnily enough, I don't remember many talking about Halo until the third one came along and broke sales records. Then when COD suddenly became popular with Modern Warfare, the only COD talk I heard was from one nerdy cousin no one likes and from the media, otherwise, again, never heard much discussion on those games except for "this game sucks, why did I buy this?"
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#6Pro7oPosted 1/1/2013 3:02:14 PM
Call of Duty started taking over at MW2, tons of kids at my work used to talk about that game (on ps3) then black ops was huge with the return of Zombies and ever since its been Call of duty MW3 and black ops ii you know the story...the kids would talk about every subsequent game every day without fail. Halo is only on the box, its getting smaller, its very much that underground nerd thing now
---
"Guys Like You Make Us Look Bad"
#7NovaLevossidaPosted 1/1/2013 3:11:37 PM
Pro7o posted...
Nobody returned, Call of Duty is a multiplatform casual Juggernaut.
Halo is becoming niche as hell, which is sad because Halo 3 was a supernova

I don't think niche is the right word for it. 343 is trying their best to make Halo 4 as casual as possible, including almost every one of their new features being something you can find in Call of Duty, right down to exact copies of perks. If anything, I'd just say Halo is on the track of not being anything unique any more, seeing as 343 is trying to make it play like all the other games on the market.
---
Invading world of the guilty as spirit of vengeance. The guilty pay the price.
"I cast Dia, then I strike." - A Final Fantasy XI Warrior / White Mage
#8Mr_arizonaPosted 1/1/2013 3:12:50 PM
JPNasty posted...
Because of advertisement and the addition of things from cod, which is a good thing.

I do like all the COD additions in Halo 4. I always hated COD's gameplay and this way I have all the stuff I like from with COD combined with gameplay I actually enjoy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#9Trevz-117(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 3:13:41 PM
I do think even the casuals are coping on to the same installments every year.

Yeah but got deleted for foul language.