Wish we could boot from Spartan Ops

#1enterthemadroxPosted 1/1/2013 6:51:12 PM
Played Ep 3 Chapter 4 earlier today with 3 others on Legendary difficulty thinking it'd be easier with others than if I beat that difficulty alone.

Boy was I wrong.

Two guys stand at spawn while myself and another head forwards, picking off Covenant from afar, taking a few hits but no big deal. Notice the two guys aren't moving, that's cool, I had a level 130 guy crouched down on Ep 1 Chapter 5 once so we could respawn in an area without enemies, thought they were doing the same.

Kill the Covenant and switch on the anti-air guns, wonder where Guy #4 is, forget soon after due to the enemies charging me. Fast forward to the part where you can get into a Mantis to kill hunters before the banshees arrive and realise these other two guys still aren't moving and have appeared right by me, still not fighting enemies even when they're being killed over and over again.

Get to the final part of the chapter and FINALLY, those other two guys actually start to do something, hopping into a mantis each to help me at last.

Final screen says Guy #1 has 10 kills, Guy #2 has 7 kills and Guy #4 had 11 kills before quitting. Meanwhile I have 117 kills and 50 deaths thanks to having to do it alone.

Why the hell can't we boot idiots like those guys?

/blogfaqs

Tl;dr - we should boot idlers in Spartan Ops
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#2FinaliizePosted 1/1/2013 7:39:21 PM
u seem mad
#3enterthemadrox(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 7:46:57 PM
Finaliize posted...
u seem mad

I would've ignored your immature post but yeah, I was mad because I don't see the point in idling on Legendary and letting one guy do all the work.

I'd seriously ban those types of people from XBL if it was up to me.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#4ssj3bladePosted 1/2/2013 12:31:16 AM
Does the difficulty increase when you play co op? Because I've done all the Episodes on Legendary solo and not got 50 deaths on a level.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade || Gamertag = finalfantastica
#5dfchang813Posted 1/2/2013 12:35:15 AM
I will explain:

You get the most points of all multiplayer modes on Spartan Ops.

Max XP is determined by two things. Minimum of 5 kills. And minimum of 8 minutes 30 seconds spent playing.

Thus if you are grinding for XP, the MOST EFFICIENT way of doing it is to get 5 kills and then finish it a few seconds over 8.5 minutes.

In levels that are NATURALLY long (Like Firefight at Valhalla for example), it's within the interests of EVERYONE involved to go all out because no matter how fast you are, the game is going to take longer than 8.5 minutes.

With levels that can be finished faster than 8.5 minutes (the majority of them actually) you need to be CAREFUL. No one uses mics and as baffling as it may seem to you and me, there are many players out there who have no idea how to get XP on Spartan Ops. If you're not careful you'll finish the level too fast and get a lot less XP than you could. This problem is compunded if you have double XP turned on which leads obviously to DOUBLE the loss. At that point, once you get your 5 kills, it behooves you to slow down the game as much as possible if the other players are going too fast.

Now . . . this obviously doesn't apply to you on your particular situation. Valhalla is a LONG level so there is nothing to be gained by slowing things down. What then are they doing? Well grinding for XP is boring so what they are doing is using YOU to do the work for them.

They're actually not playing the game at all. They could be watching T.V., reading a book, doing homework, talking to a friend. Anything that doesn't involve playing until the level is almost over. Once that happens, they quickly grab their 5 kills and they still get max XP because they met the minimum conditions.

Normally, the smart thing to do is to get the 5 kills out of the way and then stop playing and do whatever you want to do.

Yes they are pathetic morons and I would love for there to be an option to boot them from the game.

Currently the ONLY way to jack these idiots up is to just leave the game yourself. Unfortunately if you happen to have a double XP game on you've just wasted it.

Luckily its quite rare that there would be MORE than one idiot like that per match and usually the three other guys are good enough to finish things up with a minimum of time lost.

Problem is when you have one moron and two idiots. The moron decides to stop. The two other idiiots do the same thing or leave and you get stuck playing by yourself on Legendary difficulty which isn't fun.

So hope that explains it. I was in the exact same situation as you. One guy decided to go AFK (away from keyboard), the two other douches left the game, and I finished the whole level by myself. 117 kills 10 deaths. 1 hour.

Not fun . . .
---
Dennis
#6dfchang813Posted 1/2/2013 12:37:23 AM
ssj3blade posted...
Does the difficulty increase when you play co op? Because I've done all the Episodes on Legendary solo and not got 50 deaths on a level.

Nope it depends on skill level and how much you play the game. Especially on the Valhalla level, you can die very quickly if you're by yourself because the Banshees just overwhelm you. It's often kill one banshee, die, restart, get killed running to you Mantis, restart, get into Mantis, kill one banshee, die, restart. etc, etc.
---
Dennis
#7AoENIACPosted 1/2/2013 2:14:19 AM
Finaliize posted...
u seem mad

You realize you're not supposed to say that in a situation where there is a legitimate reason to be upset?

Like... why should he NOT be mad that there were a bunch of leechers or morons in his game?

If he wasn't mad, I'd tell him to GET mad, you know? He should definitely be mad about that.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#8ssj3bladePosted 1/2/2013 8:28:07 AM
AoENIAC posted...
Finaliize posted...
u seem mad

You realize you're not supposed to say that in a situation where there is a legitimate reason to be upset?

Like... why should he NOT be mad that there were a bunch of leechers or morons in his game?

If he wasn't mad, I'd tell him to GET mad, you know? He should definitely be mad about that.

You got fired from work? Lol y u mad
---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade || Gamertag = finalfantastica
#9Master_PwnerPosted 1/2/2013 8:46:53 AM
Agreed, took me an entire hour to do the third mission of Ep 3 yesterday because of the absurd amount of AFKers. I feel bad actually finishing the mission and giving them exp...
---
GLACIER FTW
Coq
#10MephystoPosted 1/2/2013 9:09:20 AM(edited)
Bring up their xbox profile after the match, submit player review, give them a bad review for whatever behavior seems appropriate (i usually mark them as not knowing the game or playing in the way intended).

Yes, i know, giving someone bad rep means close to nothing when the stat is pretty much useless, but it also makes it so you'll be less likely to be matched with them in the future, so it at least serves some purpose. I submit bad reviews on afk'ers here the same as i did on afk'ers in firefight in the last game. You'd be surprised to what degree it works - after doing so long enough, i started not running into so many afk'ers. :P

Edit: Or better yet, instead of wasting an hour or so completing it on your own, if you've determined for sure that they're afk and not helping at all (you could try sending a message over xbl and see if they respond), then submit review while you're still in the match with them, then leave the match and let them finish it on their own. I don't know about you, but i'm certainly not going to give them xp or a checkmark for completing the match when they did nothing to help - screw that, they can earn it on their own.