To people that say "You're bad" to people who complain about the DMR.

#61jakisthePosted 1/2/2013 2:11:27 PM
What a silly post. Yeah, they existed, but there's reasons why they're not as powerful anymore...they were too useful. What's more, that there weren't other "loadout options" meant that the other weapons didn't have to be chosen between; they were on the map and had advantages of their own (since why else would anyone pick them up?).

Going back to the facts of the matter:
-DMR is the most frequently chosen gun by a fairly comfortable margin
-DMR is statistically the best choice to start out with
-People will logically always choose the best choice
-Only using one gun takes away variability and thus a layer of strategy from the game

So just because in past games some guns operated in one way doesn't mean it's good that they operate in a similar way now. When was the last time you saw someone with the suppressor? CC? Storm rifle? If they're not used at all, why are they even in the game?

No one is saying give it a massive nerf. Small changes can make a world of difference. Take away all the bullet magnetism on it, for instance. Make it a 10 round mag. None of those change the time to kill, but it levels the playing field, leading to more people choosing other guns for more situations and thus increasing the level of strategy needed to play.
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#62lderivedxPosted 1/2/2013 2:15:21 PM
Take away all the bullet magnetism on it, for instance.

This is a horrible idea. The DMR is not much better than the BR, so making it significantly more difficult to use will mean people switch to the BR and not bother with the DMR because it's much more difficult to use for an almost negligible increase in power.
---
this is a shining example of why people with alternating caps in their names are treated like special children. - Sin
GT: i derive dx
#63galv0Posted 1/2/2013 2:30:05 PM
The DMR in Halo4 is like the BR in Halo3. I don't remember this many people whining about the BR in Halo3.

The only aspect I find a BIT overpowering is the zoom. 3x zoom on the DMR is awesome. Using a BR with its crappy 2x zoom is horrible for long range battles.
---
Noobs -_-
#64jakisthePosted 1/2/2013 2:35:32 PM

This is a horrible idea. The DMR is not much better than the BR, so making it significantly more difficult to use will mean people switch to the BR and not bother with the DMR because it's much more difficult to use for an almost negligible increase in power.

Excellent point, and it was a bit too heavy handed. My point is, clearly some changes need to be done. Buffs to some guns, but nerfs to others. Like the DMR.
---
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#65Falco4224Posted 1/2/2013 2:40:56 PM
Most players should be able to admit there's a certain distance between enemy players where the DMR is significantly better than any other ranged weapon. That's the only problem with the DMR. I prefer BR in all other situations, but I made a loadout with fire power just so I could spawn with both DMR and BR on larger maps.
---
bip bip
#66Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/2/2013 4:37:07 PM
jakisthe posted...
Does this make several other loadout starts useless and thus decrease the variety and strategy in the game? Yes.

No.

The BR can kill someone with a sliver of shields in 1 shot. The BR can kill 2 shieldless people in 1 burst. When team firing, BR+DMR and CC+DMR are both better then just 2 DMR'S . The CC and BR inflict more instances of flinch and slowing than the DMR. All of these things make the CC and BR advantageous when team firing is involved while the DMR is always best in 1v1

Halo has always been about precision weapons and there is more to determining that the find aren't balanced than seeing which one kills faster when both players are holding still aiming for the head.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#67jakisthePosted 1/2/2013 5:08:11 PM(edited)
Yes. As I said, when was the last time you saw a Suppressor or Storm Rifle? Now, sure, there are situations where the other weapons work better, but the DMR is too flexible, too versatile. Heck, the BR can kill 3 unshielded people in a burst, but how often are they lined up as such? Team firing tends to start as a 1v1 and expand from there. Now, the difference might be small with such an evolution of combat, but the differences are small in the BR/CC+DMR case too.

Other weapons need reworking, but making one weapon such an all around standout is pretty bad, and the DMR is by far the most egregious.
---
#68EDarienPosted 1/2/2013 5:18:40 PM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
jakisthe posted...
Does this make several other loadout starts useless and thus decrease the variety and strategy in the game? Yes.

No.

The BR can kill someone with a sliver of shields in 1 shot. The BR can kill 2 shieldless people in 1 burst. When team firing, BR+DMR and CC+DMR are both better then just 2 DMR'S . The CC and BR inflict more instances of flinch and slowing than the DMR. All of these things make the CC and BR advantageous when team firing is involved while the DMR is always best in 1v1

Halo has always been about precision weapons and there is more to determining that the find aren't balanced than seeing which one kills faster when both players are holding still aiming for the head.

Yeah, this. The other guns do have uses. I believe I pointed out somewhere a few pages back that I use the BR ins SWAT, except for Complex, for exactly these reasons. Balance isn't just about standing still and kill time.

As for the guy who keeps asking who uses the SR or Suppressor? I do. I use them both. I use SR on a team Regicide build I made combined with the HLS and Shielding. With the SR, some creativity and strategy, I end up the king a decent amount of the time. The shield and Shielding perks help me stay alive since Camo is useless when there's a big red arrow over your head. If only more people played as a team in Regicide. :(

I also use the Suppressor, but actually, that's my secondary for a Firepower/Spartan Ops build. Rushing an Elite on Legendary is easier with the Suppressor (for damage up close) than the others. Though, I may switch to SR for better anti-shielding since the Gold Elites' shields are ridiculous or the AR since the Suppressor's spread is far too big for my liking anymore. Regardless, the point remains the same that I do use them both as they're both viable in the right situation.

If you're standing back and using the DMR over long, open spaces, then that's you're fault. Nobody is making you. I can use the DMR on Haven for some very fun sight-lines and unexpected kills. On the flip side, it's more fun for me, in Regicide, not SWAT obviously, to get some hallway battling in, complete with automatic weapon, HLS to hold off and distract the enemy while my team flanks their king.

People keep forgetting that this game is meant to be about teamwork. Yes, the DMR is the best gun in a straight-up 1v1 situation with sufficient distance between you. But if you're at all intelligent enough to use strategy, cover, teammates, or teammates as cover (hehe) then all the guns have uses.

If you're bad at the game, read that as "I want to stand there and shoot stuff in the face, but still win," then yes, the DMR is for you. Also, if you can't kill someone who's sitting back with a DMR with all of the round-a-bout ways there are to kill someone in this game, then that's also your fault. Being held down by a DMR in Exile? Then you and/or your team are doing it wrong. Ragnarok? That's why there are vehicles and the caves on the side. If you're just rushing over the hill and complaining about the DMR, then you're bad. And that's why we give that answer when people whine about the gun.
---
Lali-ho!
#69SS_MetalSonicPosted 1/2/2013 5:22:27 PM
i tried using the DMR . i felt nothing... not my style
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Halo 4, Skyrim, Fallout :NV
#70T00_Str0ngPosted 1/2/2013 5:24:41 PM
lderivedx posted...

^ why should you have to aim at people in a shooter?