A near death-checkpoint epic fail

#1Twilite_shardsPosted 1/1/2013 11:38:40 PM
So yeah...

I'm going through the caompaign on the mission Shutdown. Towards the end in the room with all the light bridges and the Banshee, one thing led to another and I ended up getting stuck at the very top of one of those towers. I thought I'd be able to stop and get out of the Banshee without it falling.

I was wrong.

This wouldn't have been a problem if I hadn't hit a checkpoint up there. So I was screwed. I tried to find a platform I could fall to without dying, but there was none. The only reason I was able to get down was because I had the hardlight shield with me. After using the binary rifle to scout the area directly below the tower I was on, I spotted an still intact energy turret. After thinking to myself, I took a gamble.

In the end, I was able to use the Hardlight Shield and fall onto the turret, the resulting explosion giving me just enough push back to stop the fall from killing me, albeit my shield were completely taken out. lol
---
---
"Uhhhhhh, whatthehell?" "Body massage. :|"
#2AlphusUltimusPosted 1/1/2013 11:50:40 PM
that's the cool stuff I wish you could record if theater actually worked for campaign or spartops.
---
X360 GT: AlphaUltima
PSN ID: AlphusUltimus
#3Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 1/1/2013 11:52:17 PM
Twilite_shards posted...
caompaign

normally I don't care about grammar because people might just click the wrong key or they just like to mash words together to get the message across faster but I kinda noticed that the o is nowhere near the "a" or the "m" on the keyboard and am just curious as to how this happened...
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#4Twilite_shards(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 11:56:10 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Twilite_shards posted...
caompaign

normally I don't care about grammar because people might just click the wrong key or they just like to mash words together to get the message across faster but I kinda noticed that the o is nowhere near the "a" or the "m" on the keyboard and am just curious as to how this happened...

My bad. I normally notice stuff like that sooner. Thanks for the catch.
---
---
"Uhhhhhh, whatthehell?" "Body massage. :|"
#5BlueRunway05Posted 1/1/2013 11:58:33 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
Twilite_shards posted...
caompaign

Lol me too. You know TC, I had this experience happen once. I jumped off the bridge just before the checkpoint, so I kept falling to my death lol.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#6ssj3bladePosted 1/2/2013 12:07:28 AM
I got stuck up there too OP, it's just a bit too far to jump without dying. I kept trying to do a midair assassination, a la Reach's cheevo, but the distance killed me before I got to the ground. So I had to do a total level reset.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade || Gamertag = finalfantastica
#7forthnbackPosted 1/2/2013 12:50:59 AM
know that in Reach, if you died too many times on a checkpoint in quick succession it would eventually restore you to a prior checkpoint. Anyone know if H4 has this?
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat
#8LtCmdrShepardPosted 1/2/2013 5:03:41 AM
that's the cool stuff I wish you could record if theater actually worked for campaign or spartops.

Yeah its rediculous that they removed that after Reach. Great feature. Same thing with campaign matchmaking. :(
---
Complete Gamerscores: Fallout 3-SWTCW: Republic Heroes-Far Cry 3-Mass Effect 3-Iron Man 2-Naruto UNS Gen-Crysis- Mass Effect 2-Halo Reach-Avatar TLA
#9MRW1215Posted 1/2/2013 8:00:49 AM
Haven't played 4 yet, but I'm playing through Reach, and I had temporarily screwed myself over on one of the levels recently. There's one level in Reach where you have to drive around to some enemy outposts (or whatever they are) and do something so that they get bombed. I drove right up to one, did what I needed to do, then ran back to the warthog, and the bombs started coming down and one directly hit the warthog, killing me instantly. The problem is, I was given a checkpoint as soon as I hopped into the warthog, so I got stuck in this loop where I just instantly kept exploding. I wasn't sure how to make it stop because it was happening so fast, but after looping a few times, it put me back into the building before the bombs started coming down, so that time I just avoided the warthog and let it get blown up.
---
Formerly known as funky1
On Twitter @ MattShaneCEP - tweeting about games, music, shows, wrestling, etc.