Forge Update

#1LoopulsePosted 1/2/2013 1:15:36 AM
Let's say that 343 decides to update forge. What'd you like to see change?
---
Add my 3DS Friend Code - 0748-1473-5210
#2ODommPosted 1/2/2013 1:21:22 AM
Fix the Tin Cup barrier glitch, fix A LOT of hitbox errors, namely the Coliseum Wall hitbox. With the hitbox it has right now, it can't be used as a floor because weapons phase through the hitbox and you can't pick them up.

Re add fine tuning on the left analog stick.
Add another environment with a unique pallet (perhaps Forerunner?)

Allow at least 8 lights instead of 4 cause it is hard to make a completely indoor map with some of the generated lighting.

More rock choices and being able to place 100 rocks. Bring back the rock arch. Add a flat, very large rock piece so people can make 100% natural maps.

That's all I can really think of. Only the first point is a definite possibility though. With next ten hardware, we could see some major buffs (including the other 3 points) implemented in Halo 5
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#3OLDBOYviciousPosted 1/2/2013 2:20:10 AM
add a forge-world like area

add a big blank area as well, where you can use structures from all the different maps

take out the return to battlefield messages and destruction of your character in forge-mode, sometimes I'm placing a piece, backing up to get a better view, and then I instantly blow up as a suicide- annoying allow the return to battlefield area to be set by the forger

stop structures and pieces from bouncing back up to the surface when you try to place them part-way into the ground

make gravity volume a map-wide feature, instead of being limited to using it as an object

add tutorials for dominion, CTF, and other objective games, have a checklist so that if you re making a dominion map and it isn't set up correctly, you can look and see what you are missing

make objects and pieces able to toggle orientation to make a mirror of itself, so you can have that ramp curve up to the right or the left

have an overview mode so you can see your map from a direct-from-above birds-eye angle
---
Kids, you gotta keep your meat ice cold!
#4CakeplzkthnxbaiPosted 1/2/2013 3:23:36 AM
Terraforming similar to far cry 3s map editor
#5jakisthePosted 1/2/2013 3:28:06 AM

Too much information to be passed along in map data packets.

Anyway:
-file sharing
-scaling
-custom power ups
-game settings, not just trait field settings
-loadout settings
-clean versions of all existing maps (not that big a deal, but still)
-more natural pieces
-Forge World
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#6CakeplzkthnxbaiPosted 1/2/2013 3:31:01 AM
jakisthe posted...

Too much information to be passed along in map data packets.

A guy can dream...and wait for next gen consoles
#7ODommPosted 1/2/2013 9:21:17 AM
OLDBOYvicious posted...
take out the return to battlefield messages and destruction of your character in forge-mode, sometimes I'm placing a piece, backing up to get a better view, and then I instantly blow up as a suicide- annoying allow the return to battlefield area to be set by the forger

stop structures and pieces from bouncing back up to the surface when you try to place them part-way into the ground

These, especially the first one.
I go into these Forge environments and I see a cool place I want to Forge and it's like, "NOPE. You can't do that." Or like how the instant kill barrier extends 20 feet above the water.
Seriously?
These kinds of things stifle creativity. I remember in Reach I made a map that was submerged in some areas and it really made combat interesting.
Forge is about the user creating a new playing experience, not being bound to a small, repetitive space.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~