C/D: Halo 5 should be less like Halo 4.

#1thehelpfulgamerPosted 1/2/2013 3:11:38 AM
I personally think Halo 4 is a pretty meh game. It's not bad, just unimpressive in pretty much every possible way. What say you?

Should they use Halo 4 as a lesson learned and leave most if not all of the changes that were made for Halo 4 IN Halo 4 and go back to a style of game that isn't so much like CoD, with load outs, instant spawns, Regicide, the whole shebang?

Or should they continue on with the NEW Halo? There's obviously going to be some growing pains, but once everyone gets use to the way things are now and the play lists get sorted out, Halo 5 can only be better with more of the same.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#2FireEmblemXDPosted 1/2/2013 3:13:36 AM
is there gonna be a halo 5? (crank that soulja boy)
---
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." - CJayC 6/3/2003
#3L337_MuffenPosted 1/2/2013 4:23:53 AM
Yes there will be a Halo 5 and 6 343 is signed with a 3 game contract.
---
Be careful around explosions, they're contagious.
GT: L337 Muffen
#4supermoc10Posted 1/2/2013 6:22:57 AM
I actually think they should keep Halo 4's gameplay because it is simply the best gameplay in the series.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#5SunDevil77Posted 1/2/2013 6:29:27 AM
No. It needs to be like Halo 4 with a few tweaks and an even better (and a little longer) campaign.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#6Brendy_BoyPosted 1/2/2013 7:31:39 AM
It should be more like Halo CE imo.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: Brendover
PSN: BabyInABrender
#7EliteGuard99Posted 1/2/2013 7:46:58 AM
Brendy_Boy posted...
It should be more like Halo CE imo.

^This

also they need to fire that hack Frank O'Connor for his incompetence.
---
"I like my weapons how I like my music, HEAVY and METAL! - Mordekaiser
#8Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/2/2013 8:51:35 AM(edited)
They should get rid of armor abilities and ordinance all together but keep perks.

Weapons and power ups should have static spawns but power weapons and power ups have 2 or more possible spawn points so people can still strategize around the weapon spawns but not to the extent of halo 2 and 3 where it got pretty cheap at times.

They will never do any of this though because loudouts and killstreak reinforcements are the way the genre is going and making a classic halo game wouod make them less money while catering to a shrinking, aging, minority. At least a simple MLG playlist wouod be nice.

Something that's realistic and might actually happen would be to get rid of the ****ing grenade indicator and make grenades not suck again.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#9BigCatFivePosted 1/2/2013 9:16:10 AM
supermoc10 posted...
I actually think they should keep Halo 4's gameplay because it is simply the best gameplay in the series.

Lol
#10ODommPosted 1/2/2013 9:16:31 AM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
They should get rid of armor abilities and ordinance all together but keep perks.

Weapons and power ups should have static spawns but power weapons and power ups have 2 or more possible spawn points so people can still strategize around the weapon spawns but not to the extent of halo 2 and 3 where it got pretty cheap at times.

They will never do any of this though because loudouts and killstreak reinforcements are the way the genre is going and making a classic halo game wouod make them less money while catering to a shrinking, aging, minority. At least a simple MLG playlist wouod be nice.

Something that's realistic and might actually happen would be to get rid of the ****ing grenade indicator and make grenades not suck again.

While I don't think they will do this entirely, I do think they need to offer playlists that run these settings at all times.

Classic Slayer - 4v4
Classic Big Team - 8v8
Classic Objective - 5v5
Classic Big Team Objective - 8v8

They definitely won't remove AA's or perks but I think they will cater to the Veterans
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~