Why all the hate for Solace?

#11yanksfan4247Posted 1/2/2013 11:52:48 AM
Take away the bottom portion of solace and its ok to me.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/69396.png
#12iRGushPosted 1/2/2013 11:57:22 AM
Alex_Sage posted...
People hate it because when they were playing with that one pro player, he said he hated it. So then people started to want to be cool and hate Solace too.

Then before you know it. All the "cool" people hated Solace and it was this trend. Like wearing sweatpants.

or people just know how to recognize a bad map
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#13Alex_SagePosted 1/2/2013 12:05:46 PM
Yeah, ok. Whatever you say.
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#14Go2ChurchPosted 1/2/2013 1:24:42 PM
SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY posted...
weezergabe posted...

Oh and my top 3 Slayer maps are
Adrift
Abandon
Solace

Adrift slayer is really really really really bad. CtF adrift is great.

You think? It seems to be incredibly one sided toward whoever scores first, because it is so easily defendable. I think the flag ought to be where the Scattershot/Sticky Det spawns, rather than in that camping hole.
---
GT: Anonymousity
#15Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/2/2013 1:39:34 PM(edited)
It's a great map, obviously. Haters are just bad at the game or just don't know what they are talking about it general, everyone's a game design expert
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#16TwinmoldPosted 1/2/2013 1:39:01 PM
Because after the initial rush to the incineration cannon and sword, there's zero map movement. Most teams just sit inside their bases with Promethean vision and pitch a tent.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCptDecaf
#17galv0Posted 1/2/2013 1:40:07 PM
Solace reminds me of Narrows, although I liked Narrows more. Regardless, I like Solace. There are worse maps.. Abandon probably being the worst map.
---
Noobs -_-
#18darren19822000Posted 1/2/2013 1:43:30 PM
its boring. its just a huge open walkway with cover spots all around. i find it to be the most boring map of this game. i dont listen to "pros" or anyone else in determining what i like or dont like. i hate complex and solace is my second hated map. i would play sword base over solace. at least that map had action. solace is just camp fest.
---
gt darren reefnugs
#19iRGushPosted 1/2/2013 1:43:34 PM
Go2Church posted...
SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY posted...
weezergabe posted...

Oh and my top 3 Slayer maps are
Adrift
Abandon
Solace

Adrift slayer is really really really really bad. CtF adrift is great.

You think? It seems to be incredibly one sided toward whoever scores first, because it is so easily defendable. I think the flag ought to be where the Scattershot/Sticky Det spawns, rather than in that camping hole.

Thats because in default halo 4, theres no weapons spawning on the map that can make a difference and they're all random.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#20bearded_moosePosted 1/2/2013 1:56:44 PM
favorite maps:

Harvest
Adrift
solace

LEAST favorite maps:

Shatter
Wreckage
Abandon

the big-team maps are all mediocre, but i'd say Vortex is my favorite. LOTS of hogs (including a rockethog) lots of ghosts, and even a wraith.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12