Why all the hate for Solace?

#21strangerockPosted 1/2/2013 2:06:40 PM
The only maps i hate are Solace and Complex on Infinity Slayer and SWAT, besides that, Complex is awesome on Flood, Solace, i just hate it on everything.
---
Nice of you to say, but you of all people should know... ... there's plenty wrong with me.
#22galv0Posted 1/2/2013 2:18:16 PM
bearded_moose posted...
favorite maps:

Harvest
Adrift
solace

LEAST favorite maps:

Shatter
Wreckage
Abandon

the big-team maps are all mediocre, but i'd say Vortex is my favorite. LOTS of hogs (including a rockethog) lots of ghosts, and even a wraith.

Something is wrong with you. Vortex is one of the worst maps in the game, next to Abandon.
---
Noobs -_-
#23NightMarishPiePosted 1/2/2013 2:26:34 PM
I don't get how people can hate Solace, but then love Adrift. Adrift has to be one of the worst maps for any gametype ever.
---
"Who dares, wins"
XBL: The Armada
#24EDarienPosted 1/2/2013 2:41:09 PM
I wasn't really big on Narrows the first time. But take away the man cannons and add some crappy, goldish lighting everywhere and that's not an improvement. I'd rather play Narrows than Solace.
---
Lali-ho!
#25darren19822000Posted 1/2/2013 2:43:06 PM
EDarien posted...
I wasn't really big on Narrows the first time. But take away the man cannons and add some crappy, goldish lighting everywhere and that's not an improvement. I'd rather play Narrows than Solace.

never noticed the similarities. i also hated narrows. just not into a map that is basically you on one end me on the other. not much in the way of movement or flanking or anything
---
gt darren reefnugs
#26Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 1/2/2013 2:47:23 PM
iRGush posted...
You don't spawn on the symetrical sides of solace, its far to big, and has no power positions. Not to mention its cluttered with crap and is just bad map design.

I agree with this. I can't go one game without backing into a random pillar and being killed as a result of it. It's like 343 tried desperately to make Solace as annoying as possible by hoarding as much s*** as they could. And they succeeded.

It's really the only map I strongly dislike.
---
(My reaction to stolen kills) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkktKSjCHgo
#27Falco4224Posted 1/2/2013 2:51:41 PM
The big annoying bug zapper in the middle nough said
---
bip bip
#28bearded_moosePosted 1/2/2013 5:15:57 PM
galv0 posted...
bearded_moose posted...
favorite maps:

Harvest
Adrift
solace

LEAST favorite maps:

Shatter
Wreckage
Abandon

the big-team maps are all mediocre, but i'd say Vortex is my favorite. LOTS of hogs (including a rockethog) lots of ghosts, and even a wraith.

Something is wrong with you. Vortex is one of the worst maps in the game, next to Abandon.

hey, at least i gave reasons for liking it. i'm a hogger, through-and-through, and once you get used to the many uneven driving surfaces and hill-turns (god i hate those) on that map, you can kick a whole lotta ass with a good gunner.
---
-Every fanboy needs a troll to keep him disillusioned.
sonofkorol is my new favorite.12/3/12
#29EDarienPosted 1/2/2013 5:20:39 PM
bearded_moose posted...
galv0 posted...
bearded_moose posted...
favorite maps:

Harvest
Adrift
solace

LEAST favorite maps:

Shatter
Wreckage
Abandon

hey, at least i gave reasons for liking it. i'm a hogger, through-and-through, and once you get used to the many uneven driving surfaces and hill-turns (god i hate those) on that map, you can kick a whole lotta ass with a good gunner.

Don't mind him, people tend to hate maps because they're bad at them. Clearly we know where this guy keeps dying.
---
Lali-ho!
#30Thefatness16Posted 1/2/2013 5:51:19 PM(edited)
It's a middle tier mehtastic map.Better than Abandon or Complex though.