Help - weapon selection in mission "Midnight"

#1Twilite_shardsPosted 1/2/2013 1:00:15 PM
I'm keen enough to video game habits to know that towards the end of a game, you aren't given a room fool of weapons just to fight mooks. In Midnight, which I'm going to assume is the last mission of the game, I'm in a room given me a choice between a number of weapons:

Battle Rifle
Light Rifle
Gravity Hammer
Covenant Carbine
Boltshot
Incinerator Cannon
Binary Rifle
Scattershot
Some sticky grenades

To anyone that's gone through the campaign, is there a recommended loadout I take with me before I proceed?
---
---
"Uhhhhhh, whatthehell?" "Body massage. :|"
#2Twilite_shards(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 1:01:13 PM
If it makes a difference, my mod is the Hardlight Shield.
---
---
#3DSquariusPosted 1/2/2013 1:02:33 PM
Light Rifle
Incineration Cannon
Auto Sentry

I saved my incineration cannon ammo until the final platforms and just steamrolled through the level. There's some parts you can skip to make it easier if you feel so inclined.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#4aflyingpenguinPosted 1/2/2013 1:03:23 PM
(I'm assuming you're on legendary)
LR + Incineration Cannon for OHK on Knights. Don't get too close to them. You should pick up more ammo as you progress. This level was pretty easy anyways, except for that last room that had like 10 knights in it at once lol.
---
GT: Blue Phobos
#5Twilite_shards(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 1:05:55 PM
aflyingpenguin posted...
(I'm assuming you're on legendary)
LR + Incineration Cannon for OHK on Knights. Don't get too close to them. You should pick up more ammo as you progress. This level was pretty easy anyways, except for that last room that had like 10 knights in it at once lol.

Nah, I'm not on Legendary. lol

I'm on Normal. I wanted to get a feel for the game before I tried solo'ing on the highest difficulty.
---
---
#6devil mingyPosted 1/2/2013 1:06:21 PM
It's actually not too bad, but the most efficient way through for me was to take the Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon, head through the portal, take the easy kill the game gives you for a Light Rifle, swapping between it and the Binary Rifle depending on what you're fighting.

If you're not interested in a bit of weapon juggling, Light Rifle and Incineration Cannon works just as well.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#7DSquariusPosted 1/2/2013 1:09:01 PM
Oh, normal.

TBH any weapon is good on normal but I'd practice some of the legendary strategies to get in the habit of using them.
---
#8Twilite_shards(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 1:15:19 PM
DSquarius posted...
Oh, normal.

TBH any weapon is good on normal but I'd practice some of the legendary strategies to get in the habit of using them.

S'there a specific place I can learn/study these strategies other than using trial-and-error?
---
---
#9DSquariusPosted 1/2/2013 1:20:51 PM
Any enemy with shields charged plasma pistol shot drops their shields. Follow with headshots from a precision weapon works the best.

Auto sentry works surprisingly well against everything. It does that extra little damage.

Hologram works very well if they enemy can't see you. Launch the holo, attack enemy from behind when they turn towards the holo.

Scattershot works well against the Knights.

Always kill watchers first. They shield other enemies and they're resurrect dead one's.

Kill any small one hit kill enemies first before engaging larger one's ie knights.

Knights are basically the only enemies you really need to pay special attention too.

There's a few to start. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
---
#10DSquariusPosted 1/2/2013 1:22:49 PM
Terrible first sentence.

A charged plasma pistol shot drops enemy shields. Knights and elites have shields.

It also freezes vehicles.

For example, to destroy a Wraith kill the gunner from a distance, freeze the Wraith with a PP shot, sprint, board, and destroy the Wraith while it's frozen.
---