Help - weapon selection in mission "Midnight"

#11Twilite_shards(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 12:28:53 PM
DSquarius posted...
Terrible first sentence.

A charged plasma pistol shot drops enemy shields. Knights and elites have shields.

It also freezes vehicles.

For example, to destroy a Wraith kill the gunner from a distance, freeze the Wraith with a PP shot, sprint, board, and destroy the Wraith while it's frozen.

Wow, I probably never would have thought of that one. Thanks a lot, man.
---
---
"Uhhhhhh, whatthehell?" "Body massage. :|"
#12ChariloePosted 1/2/2013 12:30:47 PM
Twilite_shards posted...
DSquarius posted...
Oh, normal.

TBH any weapon is good on normal but I'd practice some of the legendary strategies to get in the habit of using them.

S'there a specific place I can learn/study these strategies other than using trial-and-error?
---

Here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyd6Oh7elLk
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#13Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/2/2013 12:34:33 PM
Gravity Hammer
Incineration Cannon

Swing away with the Hammer, switch the incenration canon out for something else when you don't need it and pick it up before moving on to the next place.

Because you actually ARE given given that room full of weapons to fight a multitude of mooks, lol.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#14devil mingyPosted 1/2/2013 6:24:00 PM
For example, to destroy a Wraith kill the gunner from a distance, freeze the Wraith with a PP shot, sprint, board, and destroy the Wraith while it's frozen.

For even more fun, hop into the empty turret seat. That triggers the driver to get out. Kill him and the Wraith is all yours.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#15Twilite_shards(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 8:37:41 PM
devil mingy posted...

For even more fun, hop into the empty turret seat. That triggers the driver to get out. Kill him and the Wraith is all yours.

Now THAT I have to try on my next playthrough.
---
---
"Uhhhhhh, whatthehell?" "Body massage. :|"
#16DSquariusPosted 1/2/2013 8:42:01 PM
devil mingy posted...

Now THAT I have to try on my next playthrough.

:D

It's how you get the mortardom achievement.

Kill the gunner, freeze the Wraith, hope in the gunner seat, shoot the driver when he gets out, switch seats in the Wraith, and destroy four enemy tanks with the stolen Wraith on mission five.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#17MechalonPosted 1/2/2013 8:44:43 PM
The first question is if you want the "Chief, Smash!" achievement. If yes, then take the Gravity Hammer. Next, to make the Knights easy, take the Incinerator Cannon. Use it (possibly doing a quick switch with a Lightrifle if you find one from a downed Knight) to get through the room, using the Lightrifle/Grav Hammer on the Crawlers and the Cannon on the Knight's and Watchers. That's how I got through the part and achievement on Legendary.

If you don't care for the achievement, ignore the hammer, just take the Cannon and Lightrifle.
#18Phoenixmon2Posted 1/2/2013 8:46:31 PM
I still prefer the Halo 3 method of getting a mint condition Wraith - hop on top of the driver's hatch, melee it until it gets knocked off, kill the driver.

You don't have to worry about being a sitting duck while trying to kill the Elite that hops out, or about failing to kill the Elite and him ****ing you up in some way.