Do you think loadouts were better in reach or this game?

#1pcmike2Posted 1/2/2013 12:19:14 PM
Do you think loadouts were better in reach or this game? - Results (57 votes)
Halo Reach
24.56% (14 votes)
Halo 4
75.44% (43 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I feel that because reach had set loadouts in each playlist, it promoted more fairness as you just pick one loadout, have the same starting weapons as everyone else, and use skill + teamwork to win. In halo 4, I feel the combinations of loadouts can lead to unfairness, especially with specializations and such.

ex: dmr, boltshot, active camo, plasma grenades, mobility, stealth.

and other things. What do you think?
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2Go2ChurchPosted 1/2/2013 12:22:23 PM
The reason this is better is the balance of the Armor Abilities.

Weapons however, not so much.
---
GT: Anonymousity
#3yoshiisbackPosted 1/2/2013 12:22:34 PM
This game has much better loadouts even with the op boltshot. Every bad kid used armour lock successfully because it was so broken. Now every bad kid uses camo and promo vision and gets the shaft because the loadouts are more balanced.

Camo sniping on Ragnarok is silly though.
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
#4RaezekPosted 1/2/2013 12:25:15 PM
I can't believe this is seriously a question. It's like you never saw the sheer amount of drama that occurred over those loadouts.

I would argue that it's more fun to be able to choose which loadouts you want to play with. Under this system players are expected to be able to strategize and plan ahead. If anything, we get more variety in our matches because of this system.
---
GamerTag: OurOhnlyHope
#5pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 12:25:37 PM
yoshiisback posted...
This game has much better loadouts even with the op boltshot. Every bad kid used armour lock successfully because it was so broken. Now every bad kid uses camo and promo vision and gets the shaft because the loadouts are more balanced.

what is the definition of a "bad kid"? I could say that a "bad kid" uses promethean vision just because.

And armor lock was only in slayer for reach. What about other playlists?
---
#6pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 12:27:36 PM
Raezek posted...
I can't believe this is seriously a question. It's like you never saw the sheer amount of drama that occurred over those loadouts.

I would argue that it's more fun to be able to choose which loadouts you want to play with. Under this system players are expected to be able to strategize and plan ahead. If anything, we get more variety in our matches because of this system.

but most of halo wasn't about variety in terms of gameplay like slayer and objective. It was about setting both teams on equal footing and using teamwork to win.
---
#7VectorChaosPosted 1/2/2013 12:41:22 PM
yoshiisback posted...

>bad kid used armour lock
>successfully

Select one.
---
PSN: VectorChaos || WTF || XBL: Vector Chaos
I'm the best there is, plain and simple, I mean I wake up in the mornin' and I piss excellence.
#8Demon SlicerPosted 1/2/2013 12:51:37 PM(edited)
Reach, sad to say.

Minus AL of course.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#9ShadowMaster684Posted 1/2/2013 12:52:42 PM
Things feel a little more balanced now, as far as armor abilities, and I always like the ability to customize to my own preference. My vote goes to 4.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4
Gamertag: Vanguard VII
#10iRGushPosted 1/2/2013 1:02:08 PM
Reach.

People couldn't start with stickies, plasma pistols, boltshots, etc.

Granted armour lock was annoying but atleast it was more arena style than halo 4.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.