Never played a Halo game before. How's the single player mode?

#1FreeRangersPosted 1/2/2013 3:38:10 PM
I may pick this game up (its on sale right now). I never played a Halo game and don't have too much interest in multi player (except for coop). About how long is the single player campaign and if in read a plot synopsis of the first 3 games would that be enough to catch me up to speed on the story? Thanks.
---
"An analogy is a thought wearing another thought's hat" - Britta Perry, Community
#2xplayer55Posted 1/2/2013 3:43:22 PM
Well if you are getting the game solely for the single player, don't bother. You won't be impressed especially with the amount you will be dishing out. It's roughly nine hours and for a newer player should still be less than fifteen hours. I suggest trying the multiplayer as it is very enjoyable. But if I could make another suggestion, try getting Halo 3 or Halo Reach before this game. They are both much better games, at least in my opinion, in the multiplayer area and have a significant campaign, not completely sure if they are longer however.
---
I'll Bing your Yahoo with my Google...
Currently Playing: A Game
#3FreeRangers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:45:37 PM
Cool, I may check out Reach then. I can find it for a lot cheaper.
---
"An analogy is a thought wearing another thought's hat" - Britta Perry, Community
#4BurningNovaFirePosted 1/2/2013 4:03:16 PM
I thought Reach had an awesome campaign. Halo 4, well I haven't even been able to finish it yet. Seems all I do when I play is go here, press button and rinse and repeat. Maybe it's just me :P
---
My friends call me "hadouken", because I'm a down right fierce. GT: Lt KGB
#5SunDevil77Posted 1/2/2013 4:09:32 PM
Best in the series campaign wise since Halo CE
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.