Why competitive halo is done

#1XxOblivion77Posted 1/2/2013 3:13:57 PM
1)This game was designed to cater to the majority of people. The majority of people are not good at the game, so they need an environment where they can compete. This means the skill gap is smaller.

2)Randomness. Random weapon drops in every game mode no matter what. No strategy to get somewhere and hold down an area to grab a weapon after it drops. It's random. Not even talking about Infinity Slayer with it's care package killstreaks.

3)Loadouts. Everyone has a different opinion but imo the lack of loadouts is something that separated Halo from other games like CoD and clones. Gears took this route too and I notice that most GoW pros believe GoW1 was the best.

A ranking system won't help when I don't even care about how I'm placed in an atrocious excuse of a Halo game. There's progression and then there's changing what was right in the first place. Any pro that isn't Ninja have given up on Halo 4. These are the guys who dedicate the majority of their time to Halo. If these guys have that opinion then it's clear the game is terrible.

Okay casuals go ahead and call me a crybaby now.
---
GT: OhBlivEeUn
I whine and cry about BO2 yet play it more than anything else. :(
#2XioJenesisPosted 1/2/2013 3:17:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLuIKI37zdk
---
Your God is as real as the Tooth Fairy. Deal with it.
#3XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 3:20:38 PM
I've seen that and even if they find a way to get it back on the circuit, I don't think true Halo pros and fans of the competitive gameplay want Halo 4 on the circuit. A game like Halo 4 does not belong on the circuit.

I don't care about money. I don't care about events, even. I want a competitive game that takes skill. A game where pros will always wipe the floor with bad players.

I'm not even that good at Halo, but now I don't want to try with how bad this game has become.
---
#4lron_SpidermanPosted 1/2/2013 4:22:33 PM
As you pointed out they catered to the majority who don't really give a s*** about pro MLG game types.

You claim that there is a smaller skill gap now, yet you do not explain how this is so.

I think the loadout system is great you now can start with weapons that can take on the power weapons.

You know you're just having a pointless cry about things that people have already whinged about countless times before and you have confirmed your awareness of this with your "go ahead call me a cry baby" comment.

If you don't enjoy this game stop playing it and stop complaining, it's really that simple.
#5appleturnover87Posted 1/2/2013 4:23:31 PM
No matter how true or untrue Ninja's words are he will always have an agenda, so take what he says with a grain of salt.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#6XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 5:03:32 PM
As you pointed out they catered to the majority who don't really give a s*** about pro MLG game types.

You claim that there is a smaller skill gap now, yet you do not explain how this is so.

I think the loadout system is great you now can start with weapons that can take on the power weapons.

You know you're just having a pointless cry about things that people have already whinged about countless times before and you have confirmed your awareness of this with your "go ahead call me a cry baby" comment.

If you don't enjoy this game stop playing it and stop complaining, it's really that simple.

Agreed. Will do.
---
#7SnakingSucksPosted 1/2/2013 6:05:19 PM
halo 4 still takes skill. If you're playing a good team and just try to run around and shoot at people you're gonna get wrecked, whereas playing like that in CoD is somewhat of a viable option
#8EDarienPosted 1/2/2013 7:05:05 PM
XxOblivion77 posted...
I've seen that and even if they find a way to get it back on the circuit, I don't think true Halo pros and fans of the competitive gameplay want Halo 4 on the circuit. A game like Halo 4 does not belong on the circuit.

I don't care about money. I don't care about events, even. I want a competitive game that takes skill. A game where pros will always wipe the floor with bad players.

I'm not even that good at Halo, but now I don't want to try with how bad this game has become.

Then Halo 4 is that game. CoD is more luck based than Halo 4 is. A couple body shots from an OP automatic weapon which has a negligible spread killing you is a CoD thing. But Halo is still about skill. Maybe you're bad at it, so you think it's not about skill and that bad players are beating you by luck. I assure you, this isn't the case. If you're dying to bads, it's because you're worse. Get a team together, be halfway decent and you'll rock any and all of matchmaking. That simple. Why? Because skill, including communication and teamwork, are a part of Halo. Whether MLG accepts Halo 4 is a different issue and clearly has more to do with politics and money than actual skill involved by the "pros".

Also, remember that people are pros for the money. They're not there for the competition alone. That's a perk for some who like fighting against the best and winning. But it's more-so about making a living at something that isn't actually work. The same is true of real athletes, as well. Sure, some love the game. But how many would still be playing for 25k/year? They wouldn't. League minimums and sponsorship deals are always what keep people involved. If someone wants to play for skill alone, they'll remain an amateur, keep a real job and play for fun.
---
Lali-ho!
#9XxOblivion77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2013 8:31:12 PM
A bad player can get a lucky ordance drop, kill people with power weapons and gain momentum for a team. One example won't post more.
---
#10zuzu304Posted 1/2/2013 8:55:37 PM
this game still takes skill but, I really don't like how people make a theory that because the dmr is accurate and kills faster than the other rifles that whoever has the dmr in a duel wins. Sure it's better in theory but, in practice? it all comes to the player (yes i know there is aim assist)
---
GT: theplaya123
psn: rack1overload