Why competitive halo is done

#41DeathB2UPosted 1/3/2013 8:27:59 PM
X250 posted...
DeathB2U posted...
Was referring to the match. Its just fun killing a lot of people in one game. Idk... Kinda thought that was the point. Perhaps I'm missing something here. Please, share your wisdom with me, Halo wizard

Thought you were referring to overall stats.

Still, killing noobs gets tiresome fast.

Exclusively sure but there's plenty of talent to keep it interesting
---
If there were no god, man would have the need to create one.
GT: DontTaaazeMeBro
#42BigCatFivePosted 1/3/2013 8:34:09 PM
mrgreen55 posted...
XxOblivion77 posted...
A bad player can get a lucky ordance drop, kill people with power weapons and gain momentum for a team. One example won't post more.

Never mind that you have to kill others in order to get that drop. So you have to have some level of skill. Then you have to have actual skill WITH those power weapons. I've seen many people get power weapons and act like they're invincible, only to be mowed down in seconds.

Honestly, I've seen these types of topics everywhere. "Oh no. They made the game easier for more people to get into. How dare they try to open the series to a wider base instead of catering to a small group of people!"

Why change a series to appeal to a group that had absolutely no interest in your game before while alienating the fans that actually liked the game? That's just a stupid decision period.

This "wider base audience" you speak of have proved one thing: they will play ANYTHING. They will also play with the changes the "minority" wants, due to the fact they will play ANYTHING.

Also, if more people played Halo 2 and 3 than Reach & 4, then by definition wasn't that already enjoyed by a "wider base audience".

They were successful when they were HALO. They have dealt with backlash from the community once they took elements from COD and Tribes.
#43vice_dragonPosted 1/3/2013 9:02:18 PM
Do people just forget forge exists, that you can have static time based weapon spawns, turn off personal ordinance(or can even set what is allowed in your ordinance), and game set loadouts. This game is just as competitve as other halos.

The only reason H4 won't have a circuit is politics, and money.
---
How much mud could a mudcrab crab if a mudcrab could crab mud?
#44appleturnover87Posted 1/3/2013 9:12:01 PM
vice_dragon posted...
Do people just forget forge exists, that you can have static time based weapon spawns, turn off personal ordinance(or can even set what is allowed in your ordinance), and game set loadouts. This game is just as competitve as other halos.

The only reason H4 won't have a circuit is politics, and money.

Custom options are severely limited.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#45galv0Posted 1/4/2013 7:24:19 AM
HeartlessCharms posted...
ut2k3 posted...
1. The skill gap is not smaller, if anything it's larger than ever. I've played games where we've straight up decimated kids. If you lose to someone then you just need to get better.

2. What a ridiculously exaggerated statement. Competitive halo deals with this problem with simple settings tweaks. You've mistaken an addition for a deviation.

3. If you're good you'll get kills with any gun. The only argument I'll accept here is the boltshot one, its simply too good not to use.

This game has problems, but if you don't know what they are shut up, no one likes a band wagoner. God forbid a dumb one.

Wow you're stupid.
You're honestly going to tell me that Halo 4 requires more skill to be good at then H2 or 3?

Yes, it does, considering the randomness of battle in Halo 4. In Halo 2/3, every player had the same vanilla 'loadout', the weapon spawns on the maps were the same every time, players could time when certain weapons/vehicles would respawn, etc.

In Halo 4, you can get popped off by an Incineration Cannon or Rockets that you didn't expect. So, you definitely need more skill to do well in Halo 4 compared to Halo 2/3. It's a pretty simple concept to understand.

In Halo 2/3, your team could get by as long as you had a good strategic plan of attack or defense. In Halo 4, you're basically praying that the enemy hasn't gotten some ridiculous, random Ordinance and you must rely solely on your SKILL to succeed.
---
Noobs -_-
#46ChrisSLPosted 1/4/2013 7:27:48 AM
galv0 posted...
ut2k3 posted...
1. The skill gap is not smaller, if anything it's larger than ever. I've played games where we've straight up decimated kids. If you lose to someone then you just need to get better.

2. What a ridiculously exaggerated statement. Competitive halo deals with this problem with simple settings tweaks. You've mistaken an addition for a deviation.

3. If you're good you'll get kills with any gun. The only argument I'll accept here is the boltshot one, its simply too good not to use.

This game has problems, but if you don't know what they are shut up, no one likes a band wagoner. God forbid a dumb one.

Wow you're stupid.
You're honestly going to tell me that Halo 4 requires more skill to be good at then H2 or 3?

Yes, it does, considering the randomness of battle in Halo 4. In Halo 2/3, every player had the same vanilla 'loadout', the weapon spawns on the maps were the same every time, players could time when certain weapons/vehicles would respawn, etc.

In Halo 4, you can get popped off by an Incineration Cannon or Rockets that you didn't expect. So, you definitely need more skill to do well in Halo 4 compared to Halo 2/3. It's a pretty simple concept to understand.

In Halo 2/3, your team could get by as long as you had a good strategic plan of attack or defense. In Halo 4, you're basically praying that the enemy hasn't gotten some ridiculous, random Ordinance and you must rely solely on your SKILL to succeed.

Perhaps so, but what of the flipside? How much 'skill' is Captain Rockets displaying?
#47galv0Posted 1/4/2013 7:33:41 AM
ChrisSL posted...
galv0 posted...
ut2k3 posted...

Wow you're stupid.

Perhaps so, but what of the flipside? How much 'skill' is Captain Rockets displaying?

Enough to get the rockets? It's not like rockets didn't spawn in Halo 2 or Halo 3... Noobs occasionally get power weapons.. the key word being occasionally. Regardless, in Halo 4, you rely moreso on raw skill than strategy compared to Halo 2 and Halo 3.
---
Noobs -_-
#48KaoticEnigmaPosted 1/4/2013 8:43:05 AM
XxOblivion77 posted...
A bad player can get a lucky ordance drop, kill people with power weapons and gain momentum for a team. One example won't post more.

A good player won't care or be affected that this happened. A good TEAM wouldn't get killed enough for there to be a "momentum switch".

Another thing. You mentioned map control being a skill. Map control is not a skill. It's memorization. Holding down the power weapon spawn is a tactic that the UNskilled RELY on to win. A good team with assault rifles will take out a bad team with power weapons every time. Just because you gain the power weapons doesn't mean you know how to use them well. Still, it takes LESS skill to win with power weapons, which is why everyone used to race for them; they represent an easier win.

Now a good team with power weapons is practically invincible. Invincibility is game breaking, and so it was removed. It was never fun to play a good, coordinated team with all the power weapons. There really was pretty much nothing you could do at that point, but wait till you lost.

Both teams having possible access to power weapons at any point means more balance, and less dead giveaways of position: in other words, a fair fight. You don't get to know where someone is gonna run to, so you can't setup around a weapon spawn for kills. Setting up around a weapon spawn is a crutch. People did it so they could predict enemy movements, but then, it's not "predicting" if it's obvious, is it?

Go play actual paint ball, and tell me how many weapon spawns there are for you to setup camp around.

Earn. Every. Kill.
#49RAGEface14Posted 1/4/2013 9:18:46 AM
Even if the game is unbalanced, if you're really a hardcore player, you can use that to your advantage. So the casual on the other team has a dmr and you have an assault rifle? There's your challenge right there. If you're good enough of a player, it balances out all the unbalanced aspects.
---
M.O.S.H
Move Over S#!+ Head
#50AurawhispererPosted 1/4/2013 9:46:33 AM
Casuals crack me up on this board...

As most would say! Is this your first halo game? Because 3 is the best IMO, not cod4.