Why do people hate Sprint?

#1phillyeagles123Posted 1/3/2013 10:31:47 AM
Some people are calling for Sprint to be removed or at least an option to turn it off. My question is why? I like having Sprint, since it allows me to move around the map more quickly. I get why people hate Instant Respawn and JIP, but Sprint?
#2iliekdatPosted 1/3/2013 10:34:35 AM(edited)
It lets people run from fights that they otherwise lost. It's less of an issue now that you slow down pretty drastically when being shot but yeah
#3iRGushPosted 1/3/2013 10:34:57 AM
It allows you to make bad decisions, ruins map design, kills the flow of the game, makes callouts lets important, allows people to get away from fights, makes strafing more important. Thats off the top of my head, theres a bunch more things that make sprint horrible but people just see it getting around the map faster and the developers catered to that.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#4Asherlee10Posted 1/3/2013 10:35:06 AM
Because someone, somewhere is going to complain about every aspect of the game, eventually.

It's inevitable, it seems. There's your answer.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#5Asherlee10Posted 1/3/2013 10:37:38 AM
iliekdat posted...
It lets people run from fights that they otherwise lost. It's less of an issue now that you slow down pretty drastically when being shot but yeah

If a player is losing the battle, why would they just stand there? Running away to pull a teammate into the fight is a smart and strategic move. The point of the game is to win, not stand there while the other team kills you.

iRGush posted...
It allows you to make bad decisions

Spring ALLOWS you to make bad decisions? Do what?

iRGush posted...
ruins map design

How?

iRGush posted...
kills the flow of the game

In what way?

iRGush posted...
makes callouts lets important

I don't see how sprint makes call-outs any less important. They are there regardless of sprint.
---
#6iRGushPosted 1/3/2013 10:43:17 AM
ashlee why do you even post if you have no idea what your talking about. Anything I try to tell you, you just reply to with no logic at all, when I was trying to tell you why instant spawn was bad, it was as if I was explaining it to a rock.
---
#7Asherlee10Posted 1/3/2013 10:45:37 AM(edited)
iRGush posted...
ashlee why do you even post if you have no idea what your talking about.

Gush, I'm asking you to elaborate on your points. Don't be dense.

iRGush posted...
Anything I try to tell you, you just reply to with no logic at all, when I was trying to tell you why instant spawn was bad, it was as if I was explaining it to a rock.

No, you just couldn't give a decent argument. It just seems like you're mad about the Socratic Method.

EDIT: Grammar
---
#8iRGushPosted 1/3/2013 10:46:13 AM
The fact that you don't see a problem with instant respawn already tells me you'll never understand why sprint is bad. You just see it as getting around the map faster like every other casual.
---
#9Asherlee10Posted 1/3/2013 10:50:21 AM
iRGush posted...
The fact that you don't see a problem with instant respawn already tells me you'll never understand why sprint is bad.

I didn't say that I don't see a problem with instant respawn. I said that YOUR arguments against it were not convincing.

iRGush posted...
You just see it as getting around the map faster like every other casual.

No, no I don't. I see it as a tactical tool for a variety of situation, nor do I think it ruins the game. Personally, I don't use Mobility because I don't like my gun availability to be hindered while I'm playing for that long. I also enjoy getting Head Case.
---
#10phillyeagles123(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 10:52:26 AM
iRGush posted...
The fact that you don't see a problem with instant respawn already tells me you'll never understand why sprint is bad. You just see it as getting around the map faster like every other casual.

If you read my post, I said I UNDERSTAND why people hate Instant Respawn and JIP. Read more carefully next time.