Why do people hate Sprint?

#211iRGushPosted 1/5/2013 8:49:30 AM
I don't talk about golf because I wouldn't know what I'm talking about, why do you guys talk keep talking about sprint?
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#212TheAdoringFanPosted 1/5/2013 8:59:52 AM
The way I see it, sprinting doesn't ruin the competitive nature of Halo, it just changes it. You just have to adapt. I haven't played a Halo game online since Halo 1 and 2, so there were a lot of things I had to learn to play Halo 4 online.

No, I'm not an expert. I wouldn't consider myself a casual either, but you can call me that if you want. I don't really care. I just think you guys are overreacting to say that sprinting is ruining Halo, despite whether it is objectively good or bad. I'm personally neutral towards the issue. Yes, there are problems with it. But there are ways around those problems. Sprint is also available to everyone, so you can take advantage of it yourself.

There are things that have changed since Halo 1 that I don't like either. I don't like that the flag is no longer touch return, and that you can't drop it. But if I want to play CTF on Halo 4, then I'll have to deal with it.
---
Contrary to popular belief, the "M" on Mario's cap actually stands for Mario~FuzzY__
#213iRGushPosted 1/5/2013 9:01:57 AM
TheAdoringFan posted...
adapt.

lol
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#214TheAdoringFanPosted 1/5/2013 9:04:11 AM
iRGush posted...
TheAdoringFan posted...
adapt.

lol

What?
---
Contrary to popular belief, the "M" on Mario's cap actually stands for Mario~FuzzY__
#215SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/5/2013 9:20:00 AM(edited)
TheAdoringFan posted...
The way I see it, sprinting doesn't ruin the competitive nature of Halo, it just changes it. You just have to adapt. I haven't played a Halo game online since Halo 1 and 2, so there were a lot of things I had to learn to play Halo 4 online.

No, I'm not an expert. I wouldn't consider myself a casual either, but you can call me that if you want. I don't really care. I just think you guys are overreacting to say that sprinting is ruining Halo, despite whether it is objectively good or bad. I'm personally neutral towards the issue. Yes, there are problems with it. But there are ways around those problems. Sprint is also available to everyone, so you can take advantage of it yourself.

There are things that have changed since Halo 1 that I don't like either. I don't like that the flag is no longer touch return, and that you can't drop it. But if I want to play CTF on Halo 4, then I'll have to deal with it.

You admit you're not an expert. Tell me, do you know the mechanics that go into game balancing? If you're inclined to say yes I'm going to want an example of your knowledge base.

I ask this because like you claim I have been playing Halo since it originated, except I played competitively; meaning I understand the game mechanics much more than the casual fan. My point is, if you don't know what you're talking about and just generalizing... Stop.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#216NeeTamaPosted 1/5/2013 9:33:41 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
TheAdoringFan posted...

You admit you're not an expert. Tell me, do you know the mechanics that go into game balancing? If you're inclined to say yes I'm going to want an example of your knowledge base.

I ask this because like you claim I have been playing Halo since it originated, except I played competitively; meaning I understand the game mechanics much more than the casual fan. My point is, if you don't know what you're talking about and just generalizing... Stop.

Any vids of your competative playing?
#217SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/5/2013 9:35:35 AM
Yeah, let me go ahead and hunt down 9-10 year old video's from Halo CE. No seriously, wait right there, I'll be RIGHT back.
---
#218NeeTamaPosted 1/5/2013 9:39:25 AM
Yeah, let me go ahead and hunt down 9-10 year old video's from Halo CE. No seriously, wait right there, I'll be RIGHT back.

Then you can understand how i'll hold your claims as unsubstantiated. Attitude doesnt help either, just makes you look like another cranky elitist would-be.
#219SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/5/2013 9:46:30 AM
And you can understand that I give a **** less what you think? Anyone with any real intelligence knows I'm right, and if you're just one of those "PICS NOW OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN" people you're comments are just disregarded as trolling and your opinions just don't matter. But hey, it's not like anyone on this board knows who you are or cares either way, right?

Nope, not elite, just a ****ing ass.
---
#220TheAdoringFanPosted 1/5/2013 9:46:55 AM

Do I know about game balancing in general? Yes, very much so actually. I have played other games competitively before. Do I know specifically about the balancing of game mechanics in Halo games? Mostly. As I said, I am no expert here. But I am very good at this game. If I had more free time to practice and get better, I probably could play this game at a competitive level. I also draw knowledge from my brother, who was a pro Halo 1 and 2 player. I understand that neither of these points means much for the sake of this discussion, but you did ask where I draw my knowledge from.

However, that doesn't mean I can't participate in this discussion. I believe you are misunderstanding my position here. As I have previously stated, I do not draw a very strong opinion on this issue. I don't care about sprint at all really. And I never did say you guys were wrong. What I did say though is that I think you guys are clearly exaggerating the affect of sprinting on Halo competitively. If not, then why don't you explain why "adapting" will not work? The way I see it, there are ways around the problems associated with sprint. If that is not the case, then explain why. You guys claim to be experts, but all I see you do is attack people and claim that they are not as enlightened as you. Prove that you know more than we do. Then maybe people will listen to your arguments if you are less aggressive in your presentation.
---