Why do people hate Sprint?

#231SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/5/2013 10:41:30 AM(edited)
ssj3blade posted...
From: SpiduxLimitless | Posted: 1/5/2013 5:34:15 PM | #227
5 shot kills no longer matter if someone with any intelligence just sprints away

I love that this is the main reason being brought up. If the guy you're fighting is that close to cover he can just sprint away, then he was always going to get away. You're slowed when shot, meaning if you kept your shots on target he's not sprinting away anywhere. It's laughable that people actually try and say that sprinting away is a bad thing, yet how many people have you ever seen that actually manage to sprint away safely?

You are slowed, you are not dropped from Sprint. There is a difference. And no, just because you start shooting someone that close to cover doesn't mean you weren't going to get the kill anyway.

And your retort doesn't counter the fact that Sprinting DOES break damage balancing. Again, proving my point that you don't know what goes into game mechanics.

Please, keep arguing. I love it when people make my argument easier for me.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#232SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/5/2013 10:39:55 AM
ssj3blade posted...
From: SpiduxLimitless | Posted: 1/5/2013 5:35:09 PM | #228
I've read most of this topic and haven't seen a damn bit of good information come from you.

I've posted maybe 3 times so far LOL but sure man, hope you feel better about yourself.

...And none of those 3 times had anything worth while. If anything you arguing with me just proves my point more. Kids these days.
---
#233TheAdoringFanPosted 1/5/2013 10:46:39 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
Sprint breaks damage balancing. 5 shot kills no longer matter if someone with any intelligence just sprints away. To balance the new ability to sprint out of danger the weapons must do more damage however that turns around and breaks weapon balancing (more than already *****ed about).

In other words, adding sprint needed to overhaul the ENTIRE system, a system that hasn't been overhauled but just continually added to. However they did not overhaul the entire system, with good reason, for if they did it would end up playing much more like CoD and not like Halo at all.

Halo did not need sprint, nor should it have ever been added. The most critically acclaimed versions of Halo never had sprint, and the competitive Reach plays with no sprint. Did you ever wonder why that was or did you chalk it up to elitism?

Again, if you don't understand balancing mechanics you will just assume the people that do are just ignorant elitists complaining for no reason. There is a reason why Sprint should not be included, there is a reason the people in the MLG community were upset that you cannot toggle it off.

I do understand balancing mechanics, and I don't think you are an elitist. Actually, I thank you for explaining yourself this time. I would also agree that they should allow you to turn sprint off in a custom match, because, why not? More options are usually always better.

I still have one question though. So the idea is that someone can sprint away from you while you are shooting them, making you lose the kill. I get that part, and that is definitely a true statement. But doesn't it balance out in the end? Because now if you are getting shot at, you can sprint away too, and avoid a death. Is there something else I'm missing here that makes this untrue?
---
Contrary to popular belief, the "M" on Mario's cap actually stands for Mario~FuzzY__
#234SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/5/2013 10:52:45 AM
The problem is you can take 4 shots and usually sprint away to safety, it shouldn't be that "OP" and it should drop you from sprint completely when being shot. It should do more damage to people who are sprinting.

And finally, which I didn't even get into THIS portion of the sprint feature, it promotes spawn camping (as you can get to the spawn like RIGHT STAT NOW). How did they 'balance' that out? Instant Spawning, which created a whole other mess of problems.

Instead of typing up another 10-20 paragraphs about THAT I'll just go back and say that if they wanted to add sprint they should have overhauled the entire system. Unfortunately the game mechanics would be almost exactly like CoD at that point - so in the end Sprint is something that just shouldn't be in Halo. It screws with damage balance, it screws with map flow, it messes up 5 second spawning (as in if you have standard spawning set up, and not Instant, you will be spawn camped every time).

The negatives out weigh the only positive which is "now you can get away from danger!". <--- No good Halo Player should EVER think like that.
---
#235TheAdoringFanPosted 1/5/2013 10:58:18 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
The problem is you can take 4 shots and usually sprint away to safety, it shouldn't be that "OP" and it should drop you from sprint completely when being shot. It should do more damage to people who are sprinting.

And finally, which I didn't even get into THIS portion of the sprint feature, it promotes spawn camping (as you can get to the spawn like RIGHT STAT NOW). How did they 'balance' that out? Instant Spawning, which created a whole other mess of problems.

Instead of typing up another 10-20 paragraphs about THAT I'll just go back and say that if they wanted to add sprint they should have overhauled the entire system. Unfortunately the game mechanics would be almost exactly like CoD at that point - so in the end Sprint is something that just shouldn't be in Halo. It screws with damage balance, it screws with map flow, it messes up 5 second spawning (as in if you have standard spawning set up, and not Instant, you will be spawn camped every time).

The negatives out weigh the only positive which is "now you can get away from danger!". <--- No good Halo Player should EVER think like that.

Ok, that makes sense. I've been out of the loop for awhile now, so I didn't know instant respawn was added because of sprint. While sprint being there still doesn't necessarily upset me, I can see your point. Maybe I would be more bothered by it like you are if I was playing competitively. I still don't think it totally ruins the game, but I can agree that it wasn't necessary in a Halo game. Maybe they could have just increased the default run speed?

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.
---
Contrary to popular belief, the "M" on Mario's cap actually stands for Mario~FuzzY__
#236GotThat415SwagPosted 1/5/2013 11:05:03 AM
everything spidux said is spot-on, good job.

however, Im okay with sprint outside of competitive play. it adds a bit of strategy to SWAT/Snipes and in Reach it let me be a sword w****
---
XBL: A Percussionist
#237bd0g5Posted 1/5/2013 11:12:19 AM
Oh my god. This topic might have the most delusional group of people on this site ever put together. People that think this game isn't broken, mostly due to the fact that they don't know **** about game balance. How will 343 attempt to fix anything when we pretend that there's nothing wrong? It's like people want halo to die.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#238SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/5/2013 11:16:48 AM
Yes, in standard, non-competitive play Sprinting isn't that big of an issue (although I would like being dropped out of Sprint from taking shots, and I'd like the shots to do more damage to sprinting people) but when you've got a tournament style game going on it's just the worst.

I can understand where the MLG community is coming from; I just don't agree with dropping a game with a 2+ year life span 2 months into its life altogether. I can almost guarantee that there will be patches and TU's that will, in the end, make the MLG crowd happy again.
---
#239MephystoPosted 1/5/2013 11:58:40 AM
In one thread, people are whining that the DMR is slowing down gameplay to a crawl by moving fights out to longer ranged exchanges...

In another thread, people are whining that sprint allows you to get back into fights too quickly...

...so... after being killed... you instant respawn, and then sprint... back into long range to exchange more DMR fire across the map?

o_O
#240iRGushPosted 1/5/2013 12:00:43 PM
Mephysto posted...
In one thread, people are whining that the DMR is slowing down gameplay to a crawl by moving fights out to longer ranged exchanges...

In another thread, people are whining that sprint allows you to get back into fights too quickly...

...so... after being killed... you instant respawn, and then sprint... back into long range to exchange more DMR fire across the map?

o_O

I really doubt anyone against sprint is against the DMR or for instant respawn
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.