Why do people hate Sprint?

#261The MeatmanPosted 1/7/2013 10:50:38 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
jokes on you, bud. i dont play this crap game.

Lol why you posting homeboy?
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#262Super VejitaPosted 1/7/2013 11:23:42 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
Duwstai posted...
I dont know why "competitive" and "casual" players continue to argue about game balance. Each side will never understand the other. They view the game in a completely different way.

Games play out completely differently at higher levels of play. You cant explain something to someone when they never experienced it. There is just nothing to draw from.

No, casuals are just wrong. They don't understand game mechanics because, as the title suggests, they are casual. They don't know what goes into game balance (look at some of their replies for gods sake, they're ****ing stupid!), they don't know how a physics engine works, if they even know what one is, and they think that just because they play the game they know what's going on and are entitled to their own opinion.

They are not. They don't know ****, which is why they are casual gamers. They will find something that is broken at it's core just fine because they are too ignorant to understand why they are wrong.

Period.

Or, they just don't give a damn and can actually find enjoyment in the game? So by your definition, a casual gamer is just someone who doesn't agree with the "hardcore" crowd? That is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. I'm far from a casual gamer and I don't agree with everything the hardcore crowd.

And everyone who plays a game is entitled to their own opinion. There are plenty of FPS games out there that have some sort of sprint function and they still stay competitive. But somehow, the addition of Sprint to Halo has broken the damn game. Love that logic.

Halo 4 does have some balance issues, but sprint sure as hell aint one of them.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#263PAL360Posted 1/7/2013 11:23:54 AM
Stringerboy posted...
PAL360 posted...
What?? I love sprint! I was skeptical about it, at first, though.
To be honest, i was skeptical about everything, when Halo went from Bungie to 343i. Glad i was wrong, Halo 4 is amazing, especially multiplayer wise.

Halo 4 is call of duty in space.

Hmmm, no, i hate CoD and love Halo. That's as stupid as saying Mario Kart is Forza with power ups.
#264SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/7/2013 11:27:03 AM
Super Vejita posted...
Duwstai posted...
I dont know why "competitive" and "casual" players continue to argue about game balance. Each side will never understand the other. They view the game in a completely different way.

Games play out completely differently at higher levels of play. You cant explain something to someone when they never experienced it. There is just nothing to draw from.

No, casuals are just wrong. They don't understand game mechanics because, as the title suggests, they are casual. They don't know what goes into game balance (look at some of their replies for gods sake, they're ****ing stupid!), they don't know how a physics engine works, if they even know what one is, and they think that just because they play the game they know what's going on and are entitled to their own opinion.

They are not. They don't know ****, which is why they are casual gamers. They will find something that is broken at it's core just fine because they are too ignorant to understand why they are wrong.

Period.

Or, they just don't give a damn and can actually find enjoyment in the game?

I'm not going to bother reading your whole post and I'm gonna stop you right here:

They can enjoy the game all they want and that is 100% ok. HOWEVER, when discussions like this come around they have no business throwing in their opinions because they don't even know how **** works. It's annoying when someone who doesn't know **** about what they're talking about act like their opinions matter. They don't. Not now, not ever.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#265Asherlee10Posted 1/7/2013 11:27:30 AM
They don't understand game mechanics because, as the title suggests, they are casual.

To assume that a casual player doesn't (or couldn't) understand game mechanics is an error. No one is saying it's frequent, but to speak like it never happens is just silly. Most of the people that take the time, outside of the game, to come post about it in such heavy discussions are going to have a pretty decent understanding of the game.

It's those that buy the game, play it occasionally on the weekends and never speak about it to anyone, that are the true casual players. Those that are called 'casual' here are more of the middle-guys.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#266SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/7/2013 11:30:59 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
They don't understand game mechanics because, as the title suggests, they are casual.

To assume that a casual player doesn't (or couldn't) understand game mechanics is an error. No one is saying it's frequent, but to speak like it never happens is just silly. Most of the people that take the time, outside of the game, to come post about it in such heavy discussions are going to have a pretty decent understanding of the game.

It's those that buy the game, play it occasionally on the weekends and never speak about it to anyone, that are the true casual players. Those that are called 'casual' here are more of the middle-guys.

Then for someone to take the time to become knowledgeable about the discussion wouldn't be 'casual', would they?
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#267Asherlee10Posted 1/7/2013 11:34:13 AM
Then for someone to take the time to become knowledgeable about the discussion wouldn't be 'casual', would they?

You would think that, wouldn't you? I would, too. However it doesn't seem to be that way to the 'competitive' crowd.
---
#268DuwstaiPosted 1/7/2013 11:42:54 AM

This may be true, but in this topic at least, Ive seen you and many other posters show a fundamental ignorance of game mechanics and game balance.

Im not going to get sucked into a hundred post argument, this is just one mans opinion after skimming through the topic. I dont mean to offend.

Im not even fully against sprint. But I recognize immediately how it helps and hurts the gameplay.

These guys are trying to explain why they are against it by explaining things like setups, game flow, etc and its like you guys have never heard what they are talking about. How are your two sides supposed to have a dialogue when there is no common ground... a fundamental understanding of the metagame to build from?

Try to imagine a game of Halo like a strategy game. From a top down perspective, with each player moving about like chess pieces. Then imagine some different strategies they can employ against the other team.

That is the beginning of understanding how some of these things affect the game. You need to imagine the game unfolding, and being able to see and understand everything thats going on, and how different game mechanics affect those strategies and player movements.

Its clear these two sides just look at the gamee through a different perspective, so again, I dont see the point. The one guy is getting frustrted because you guys dont understand these basics, and starts throwing out insults, so then you guys (understandably) reject what hes saying. It just keeps going back and forth like this for hundreds of posts. It happens in every topic like this. So I dont see the point anymore.
---
balls
#269Asherlee10Posted 1/7/2013 11:54:46 AM
Duwstai posted...
This may be true, but in this topic at least, Ive seen you and many other posters show a fundamental ignorance of game mechanics and game balance.

Perspectives, like you said, are an issue. For instance, I do not agree that a game should be fully balanced all the time. If I feign ignorance, that may be one thing, but it may also be a method of extracting information from someone. We often make the mistake of assuming things when we are in discussions.

Duwstai posted...
Im not going to get sucked into a hundred post argument, this is just one mans opinion after skimming through the topic. I dont mean to offend.

I participated in this discussion at one point, but I've missed the last few hundred posts. I find a problem around here is a lot of people saying "I know everything there is know about this game, but I'll NEVER explain myself because you're all too stupid to see it my way." I've yet to see but a handful of people ACTUALLY explain themselves on this board. Just a lot of "I can explain it, just don't want to." And we all know how that looks.

Duwstai posted...
The one guy is getting frustrted because you guys dont understand these basics, and starts throwing out insults, so then you guys (understandably) reject what hes saying. It just keeps going back and forth like this for hundreds of posts. It happens in every topic like this. So I dont see the point anymore.

It requires both sides to change what they are doing. The listener needs to actually listen and the one explaining ACTUALLY needs to explain things. As I mention above this, I've not seen a lot of people explain things. However, I need to go back in this topic to see what happened.
---
#270EternalDahakaPosted 1/8/2013 2:04:59 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
I find a problem around here is a lot of people saying "I know everything there is know about this game, but I'll NEVER explain myself because you're all too stupid to see it my way." I've yet to see but a handful of people ACTUALLY explain themselves on this board. Just a lot of "I can explain it, just don't want to." And we all know how that looks.

This.
I always get a laugh from many of these "competitive" players speaking like they're above everyone, yet they don't, or perhaps can't, back up anything and end up looking as ignorant as the people they're labeling.