Why do people hate Sprint?

#271appleturnover87Posted 1/8/2013 2:22:09 AM
EternalDahaka posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
I find a problem around here is a lot of people saying "I know everything there is know about this game, but I'll NEVER explain myself because you're all too stupid to see it my way." I've yet to see but a handful of people ACTUALLY explain themselves on this board. Just a lot of "I can explain it, just don't want to." And we all know how that looks.

This.
I always get a laugh from many of these "competitive" players speaking like they're above everyone, yet they don't, or perhaps can't, back up anything and end up looking as ignorant as the people they're labeling.

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll have to say it again: a lot of us have been here for years, having to explain generally the same concepts a ridiculous amount of times. The vast majority are tired of repeating themselves. Sorry you were late to the party but a lot of people here don't care enough to hold your hands through arguments anymore.
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#272OLDBOYviciousPosted 1/8/2013 2:30:06 AM(edited)
EternalDahaka posted...
Asherlee10 posted...
I find a problem around here is a lot of people saying "I know everything there is know about this game, but I'll NEVER explain myself because you're all too stupid to see it my way." I've yet to see but a handful of people ACTUALLY explain themselves on this board. Just a lot of "I can explain it, just don't want to." And we all know how that looks.

This.
I always get a laugh from many of these "competitive" players speaking like they're above everyone, yet they don't, or perhaps can't, back up anything and end up looking as ignorant as the people they're labeling.

I agree to an extent, but I think there are a few possible reasons for not fully explaining:
1- You feel that your tactics and strategies are unique, and you don't want to give the competition an insight into the way you analyze the game because you will lose your edge.
2- You are genuinely tired of explaining the same things over and over again to people who constantly berate you for your opinions, when, as a competitive player, you have spent a lot of time researching and analyzing and testing strategic methods and tactics in order to win.
3- You have tried to explain things before, but lack the necessary communication skills to get your point across, and thus feel discouraged so you don't try anymore to explain anything.
4- You are a jerk and just like to claim to be better than everyone and brag about stuff without backing it up because you don't really care, or perhaps you are troll-ish and just like to start arguments and it amuses you to see people angry or upset over a video game.

I would not automatically dismiss what someone says merely because they aren't willing to take the time to provide a detailed explanation, but if someone is going to try to assert something, they should at least be willing to cite sources or back it up with sound reasoning.
---
Kids, you gotta keep your meat ice cold!
#273Ultima_WraithPosted 1/8/2013 2:32:19 AM
appleturnover87 posted...
EternalDahaka posted...
Asherlee10 posted...

This.

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll have to say it again: a lot of us have been here for years, having to explain generally the same concepts a ridiculous amount of times. The vast majority are tired of repeating themselves. Sorry you were late to the party but a lot of people here don't care enough to hold your hands through arguments anymore.

Sprint was just recently added, while having to explain other concepts for years might be a point, this one is too new for that to be included since it wouldn't be repeating yourself.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#274lderivedxPosted 1/8/2013 6:18:01 AM
TIL 2.5 years isn't long enough to repeat yourself several dozen times.
---
I've been known to write some pretty good stuff from time to time. Just ask the mods. They probably know me like a brother by now. -MIxeD
#275demonicshockPosted 1/8/2013 6:18:35 AM
No service where I work. All other carriers like AT&T and Verizon have good service in the same building.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
GT: cemetery ghoul
#276MephystoPosted 1/8/2013 8:07:26 AM
appleturnover87 posted...
EternalDahaka posted...
Asherlee10 posted...

This.

You've been here for years... that's great, really... so have i (i've been on gfaqs since 2003). But how long has Halo 4 been out? Months at most? Any arguments made concerning this game (not stating about any other games, mind you, but just this one) could hardly be considered old and repetitive to the point of death yet - the game's barely been out long enough for arguments to get started yet, let alone become old.

So if you've got points to make, now's the time to speak up (or if you already have stated arguments in this thread, then re-quote it so it's fresh). But otherwise, Asherlee does have a point - arguments that are stated are worth backing up with explanations, not just the first time, but every time. You can't have a debate without explanations backing up the arguments and simply saying something like "you're wrong" and not backing that up with any reasoning why... well, that's just not a valid argument, and as Asherlee stated in more words or less, it's going to show as just that. Again, i'm not saying or implying you've done that specifically here in this case, i'm just speaking in broad terms about arguments in general (applies to all).
#277Asherlee10Posted 1/8/2013 9:41:10 AM
Mephysto posted...
(or if you already have stated arguments in this thread, then re-quote it so it's fresh).

I like this and we should all do this when we have discussions/debates. Opinions and notions can be changed this way. I'll reference DSquarius as an example. There have been several times in which he and I have had a discussion/debate about a subject (about Halo) and he's successfully convinced me of his notions. He took the time to explain what he meant, and that allowed me to understand it.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#278DSquariusPosted 1/8/2013 10:58:30 AM
Mephysto posted...
(or if you already have stated arguments in this thread, then re-quote it so it's fresh).

I like this and we should all do this when we have discussions/debates. Opinions and notions can be changed this way. I'll reference DSquarius as an example. There have been several times in which he and I have had a discussion/debate about a subject (about Halo) and he's successfully convinced me of his notions. He took the time to explain what he meant, and that allowed me to understand it.

You were just mesmerized by my rugged good looks.

;)
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#279MephystoPosted 1/8/2013 11:30:04 AM(edited)
Asherlee10 posted...
Mephysto posted...

As an append... what i meant here is if you already have stated arguments and we missed them somehow, the re-state them so it's fresh and we can see it to go over it (not just constant re-hashing of the same agruments over and over, just making that clear, lol). :P