Why do people hate Sprint?

#61FullMetalMegaPosted 1/3/2013 12:17:03 PM
Asherlee10 posted...
DSquarius posted...
WHAT! You live in Texas! I'm going to head down to a game next year. I was trying to organize something last year but my buddies bailed. I'll go alone next year if I have to lol.

I know, I know. But I'm from Austin. No one considers it Texas.

Austin isn't how a Texas town would normally look like to tourists. I'm in Round Rock and I don't like Austin(way too congested and It actually looks like a generic city). Fredericksburg is how they would see a Texas town.
---
GT: Dark Guardian88
3DS FC: 1375-7986-1634
#62galv0Posted 1/3/2013 12:20:57 PM
I find it hilarious that the Redhat4 poster states that Sprint ruined map design, and that map developers aren't getting worse, they're just compensating for the Sprint addition... Then he goes on to complain that Sprint destroys Spawn Trapping to a degree.

You shouldn't be able to freaking Spawn Trap on a well designed map.

Really, his entire post is pretty stupid.
---
Noobs -_-
#63Virtual_ErkanPosted 1/3/2013 12:21:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#64old_school227Posted 1/3/2013 12:32:08 PM
Well this topic got derailed, but I want to post why I think sprint makes this game worse than it should be.

In order to put sprint in the game they made the default walking speed slower.

Sprinting is the worst thing you can do as it makes you completely defenseless which makes camping an even better strategy(as people running into you're camping area now have to pull their gun up before being able to fight back)

Crouchwalking is really useless now because you move way to slow compared to someone sprinting, there's more chance that someone is going to show up and ruin your sneaking, or the person you were trying to sneak up on is long gone (this ones kind of hard for me to explain)

The maps seem to be designed with sprint in mind, which would explain why the maps are all big and open, getting around the maps without sprinting is annoying(and as I said earlier sprinting makes you pretty much defenseless).
#65Robot_SoopaPosted 1/3/2013 12:35:24 PM
My only problem with it is that I feel like crouching is pointless now.
#66The_EpitomePosted 1/3/2013 12:37:48 PM
galv0 posted...
I find it hilarious that the Redhat4 poster states that Sprint ruined map design, and that map developers aren't getting worse, they're just compensating for the Sprint addition... Then he goes on to complain that Sprint destroys Spawn Trapping to a degree.

You shouldn't be able to freaking Spawn Trap on a well designed map.

Really, his entire post is pretty stupid.

---
Don't worry; you think you're cool, and that's all that matters.
The Epitome
#67iRGushPosted 1/3/2013 12:40:34 PM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
iRGush posted...
Urdnot_Runt posted...
Because they are bad

Every Halo should have had sprint and it's silly that they didn't

Tell me why sprint benifits gameplay and don't say to get around faster.

Tell me what 2 + 2 is but don't say 4

So what your trying to say is that you cant acually think of a way sprint benifits gameplay?
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#68DENGUINPosted 1/3/2013 12:40:39 PM
Because they dont believe a super soldier should be able to run...
---
Microsoft: we could make everybody buy 1 360... or we could make stupid people buy 10.
Boss: Thats brilliant because 1/4 of the world is re****ed. ROD it is!
#69WatmanwatPosted 1/3/2013 12:46:32 PM
You sprint, get shot, and run just as fast as someone not sprinting.
---
GT: Ace 0f Clubz <-- 0f has a zero.
Got my Fiesta, waiting for the CRX I never got.
#70Oranges2OrangesPosted 1/3/2013 12:51:35 PM
It's great because it doesn't make Halo a plodding mess, you don't feel like a frickin tank with legs. You actually feel like you're a pretty elite creature now that you can run around. Halo 1 - 3 are stupidly slow, especially on big maps like Valhalla and whatever else. Now you can at least get around Valhalla without resorting to a damn Mongoose/Warthog/Ghost or taking the trip through the snipers delight of a mancannon. The old OG XBOX probably couldn't handle fast movement in Halo so you moved at about 2 mph. Now the consoles can handle it so why not add mobility? If you can jump 10 feet, why not be able to run with those hulking sets of legs?
---
No Condom i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/IncredibleHoke/WCWfacepalm.png
Taylor Swift is the greatest musician ever and that's a fact IMO!