The loadout system just isn't meant for Halo

#1Minjo26Posted 1/3/2013 3:03:49 PM
I'm gonna be honest, I was quite iffy when I heard how they were handling loadouts in this game, but I still went into it with an open mind. While I had the "new game" feel in the first week, I had tons of fun experimenting with different loadouts and welcomed it's addition.

But within a month, I realized how much it truly ruins the game. I've thought long and hard (no innuendo intended) about why Halo 4 is failing so hard, and I came to the conclusion this is the reason why.

In a game like CoD, where power weapons are non-existent, a loadout system works very well. Customization options are endless and you can create specialized classes to fit the weapon you are using (sniper, shotgun, smg etc)..

However in a game like Halo, where power weapons have such a clear advantage that it would be silly to spawn with them, the low variety of weapons you are allowed to choose to spawn with is bound to result in the community conforming to a single gun that is seen as "the best", ie the DMR.

This isn't a topic about the DMR being OP, because I don't think it is. Every Halo game to date has had a single precision weapon that was dominant over others. But when you have the option to start with this weapon every single game in nearly every single playlist after every single life , then we have a problem.

I am seriously bored as hell playing every game where every player has the same damned weapon. My favourite part about Halo 2/3 was starting with a crap SMG/AR and picking up mid-tier weapons and working my way up to the power weapons. This type of gameplay is abolished in this game and likely gone forever.
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/3/2013 3:05:16 PM
Oh, I guess you know how to make a game better than the professionals.

Why didn't Microsoft just hire you?
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#3darren19822000Posted 1/3/2013 3:07:54 PM
who knew kids didnt want a crap gun on spawn when the other players have better ones. i played the hell out of 2 and 3 and hated smg/ar starts. you would spend the next 2 mins looking for a gun that doesnt suck.

now if we are talking a smg/ar only gametype..then id play that. i think 2 had a midship variant that was all smgs
---
gt darren reefnugs
#4Minjo26(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 3:10:15 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
Oh, I guess you know how to make a game better than the professionals.

Why didn't Microsoft just hire you?

Shut up.
$ was thing only thing on Micro$oft's mind, at that is clear to all the true fans of the series. Your comment argues nothing against me.
#5Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/3/2013 3:08:47 PM
Minjo26 posted...

This isn't a topic about the DMR being OP, because I don't think it is. Every Halo game to date has had a single precision weapon that was dominant over others. But when you have the option to start with this weapon every single game in nearly every single playlist after every single life , then we have a problem. .

Every Halo game before the DMR has had a precision starting weapon what was balanced. Nothing has EVER come close to a laser accurate, hitscan weapon that doesn't lose damage at range.
#6SunDevil77Posted 1/3/2013 3:13:37 PM
Hahah alright name a company where money isn't the objective
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#7Minjo26(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 3:15:16 PM
I can't?
But I can name many where money isn't the only objective, Bungie being one of those.
#8jimmytheballsPosted 1/3/2013 3:17:05 PM
darren19822000 posted...
who knew kids didnt want a crap gun on spawn when the other players have better ones. i played the hell out of 2 and 3 and hated smg/ar starts. you would spend the next 2 mins looking for a gun that doesnt suck.

now if we are talking a smg/ar only gametype..then id play that. i think 2 had a midship variant that was all smgs

I hated smg/AR but having those starts made the game more interesting. If you couldn't get the BR or power weapons first up you had to adapt to the bad weapons or use teamwork. It gave more variety to the games.

Nowdays it's just DMRs on Exile. Gets real boring real quick.
#9darren19822000Posted 1/3/2013 3:18:01 PM
Minjo26 posted...
I can't?
But I can name many where money isn't the only objective, Bungie being one of those.

and your a fool. money is was and will always be their number 1 goal. nobody makes a game that they love when they know it wont make money.

bungie is just better with communication with their fans than most
---
gt darren reefnugs
#10iRGushPosted 1/3/2013 3:20:09 PM
The only aspect of loadouts that I like is that I don't have to spawn with an AR. Every other aspect sucks.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.