The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Never Played Halo Before, Yes or No?

#1dallas2256Posted 1/3/2013 6:56:27 PM
Like the title says I've never played this highly acclaimed series at all. I figured now would be the time to get into it, as I have read that the story is changing from here on out so maybe I wouldn't be totally out of the loop.

My question is....how good is this game? Is it worth picking up and trying? I'm going to do campaign first before I even touch the mp. I usually excel at other games no matter what type.

How long would it honestly take for me to get decent to where I'm not wanting to break my controller? lol
#2xplayer55Posted 1/3/2013 6:57:44 PM
All I will say is...
Yes.
---
I'll Bing your Yahoo with my Google...
Currently Playing: A Game
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/3/2013 6:58:17 PM
Yes, yes, and more yes.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#4nw63Posted 1/3/2013 7:11:25 PM
Redbox it if possible. I'm not a FPS fan but I love this game.
---
Don't ever give up
#5dallas2256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:22:21 PM
I can get it for $40 at my local gamestop and I just picked up hitman and almost done with it, planning on trading it in towards it because they guarenteed me $30 for it. Worst case is I don't like it and resell it. Thanks guys
#6aLmosT_bLinDPosted 1/3/2013 7:31:59 PM
You serious? Don't tell me you're trading in Hitman when you bought it at full price to that thieving corporation. And make sure you have friends to play Halo with because it's very boring when the game wears off, which it does quickly.
#7dallas2256(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2013 7:47:42 PM
lol only reason I'm willing to deal with them is because I got hitman for $8 brand new
#8RaNDM_GPosted 1/3/2013 10:54:42 PM
STOP!

Before playing Halo 4, go find a copy of CE or Anniversary. Skip 2 and 3 if you want, but the first game is essential. Trust me when I say it's worth it.
---
Why yes, I am a paranoid schizophrenic.
GT: RaNDM G
#9PerodicPosted 1/3/2013 10:58:14 PM
This game is totally worth picking up and playing.
I suggest you play the Halo 3 online multiplayer as well to experience its Skilled ranking system which has always been a part of Halo history.
The campaign is very good. I recommend you either buy the series or play catch up
#10thehelpfulgamerPosted 1/4/2013 3:12:54 AM
RaNDM_G posted...
STOP!

Before playing Halo 4, go find a copy of CE or Anniversary. Skip 2 and 3 if you want, but the first game is essential. Trust me when I say it's worth it.

*remembers that you can't play 2 online easily anymore*

:C
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.