Why do you have to push a button to pick up ordnance drops?

#1RickGottiPosted 1/4/2013 8:16:10 AM
If you want to make the argument that you should have to push it to pick up a gun so you don't drop one you don't want to, OK. But, as w/ grenades, overshields & speedboost should be automatically added when you touch them. You SHOULD have to hold a button to steal a teammates, but your own? If you called for it, I think it should be obvious you wanted it.

Many times the drop is right out in the open where going for it means getting pelted w/ bullets. It doesn't make much sense
---
GamerTag: xMinorThreat
#2Asherlee10Posted 1/4/2013 8:19:39 AM(edited)
What weapon would it replace then? It can't predict that.

Or which ordnance you want.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#3RickGotti(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 8:21:25 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
What weapon would it replace then? It can't predict that.

Or which ordnance you want.

I said that I can see the reasoning for guns. Guns only.

As far as the second point, I'm referring to after you've already selected & it's sitting in front of you
---
#4Asherlee10Posted 1/4/2013 8:23:54 AM
RickGotti posted...

Okay, so why make it more complicated?

Let's see, I have to push the button to pick up the gun, but run over it to pick up grenade or power up? It just seems more simple if it's all the same way.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#5RickGotti(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 8:28:12 AM
Asherlee10 posted...
RickGotti posted...

Okay, so why make it more complicated?

Let's see, I have to push the button to pick up the gun, but run over it to pick up grenade or power up? It just seems more simple if it's all the same way.

Grenades already pick up automatically. All I want is for Speed Boost & Overshield to do the same thing
---
#6DSquariusPosted 1/4/2013 8:31:36 AM

Check your PM's.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#7ChrisSLPosted 1/4/2013 8:37:15 AM
Surely this is scraping the bottom of the 'Halo 4 complaints' barrel?
#8RickGotti(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2013 8:41:24 AM
ChrisSL posted...

If you need to tell yourself this, sure. I could talk about the maps instead, if you prefer. They're not very good
---
#9esqueleto76Posted 1/4/2013 8:47:22 AM
RickGotti posted...
ChrisSL posted...

If you need to tell yourself this, sure. I could talk about the maps instead, if you prefer. They're not very good

Orrrrrrrr.....you could stop whining ?
#10DXLR8RPosted 1/4/2013 8:54:45 AM
I could see them not wanting people to just call them in in the middle of a fight and pick them up and turn the tide so drastically, like walking into the Overshield right when your shields got dropped, and they have no shields and you have a fresh Overshield.

Or just to stay consistent with picking offensive items up in Halo like it's always been. Grenades have never used a button to pick them up, everything else has.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox