Is 343's initiative to "appeal to the masses" a bad thing?

#11DeathB2U(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2013 2:18:55 PM
lderivedx posted...
Afterall, most everyone that's complaining about this stuff is still playing the game

Yeah because the people who aren't playing any more have stopped caring and lost hope.

I don't necessarily agree that they appealed solely to the masses

Forge is worse, no options to turn off instant respawns or sprint, random weapon drops and armor abilities/mods in almost all gametypes. If you want to play MM, 343i forces you to play the way they want you to play: with all these gimmicks they added.

I'd have to agree with you on forge. There's no reason to not give players more options. I don't really mess around with forge much so it's not much of a loss to me personally, but still, I see your point there
---
If there were no god, man would have the need to create one.
GT: DontTaaazeMeBro
#12ST_ZeroPosted 1/5/2013 2:19:05 PM
Nope, because look at where we are now. The population in H4 has dropped tremendously, all the pros quit and have either stopped playing altogether or went to COD Bo2 lol Halo 4 failed.....big time. I called it before it came out. 343 demolished the halo franchise. Who ever is in charge of multiplayer at 343 for H4 is brain dead or is clueless to how bad halo 4 is.
---
One of the best at halo that graced gamefaqs. I give halo lessons for MS points, msg me.
#13RODlMUS_PRlMEPosted 1/5/2013 2:56:30 PM
lderivedx posted...
Afterall, most everyone that's complaining about this stuff is still playing the game

Yeah because the people who aren't playing any more have stopped caring and lost hope.

I don't necessarily agree that they appealed solely to the masses

Forge is worse, no options to turn off instant respawns or sprint, random weapon drops and armor abilities/mods in almost all gametypes. If you want to play MM, 343i forces you to play the way they want you to play: with all these gimmicks they added.

The tears. SO thick, like gravy. Almost as delicious.
#14CunningedgePosted 1/5/2013 3:00:45 PM
I agree with the tc. There is definitely more positives than negatives in this game. Sadly negative people are far more vocal. I enjoy the majority of the changes 343 has implemented.
---
XBL: Crimson Mask
#15enterthemadroxPosted 1/5/2013 4:19:11 PM
Agreed TC.

Anyone who complains about a game being too casual has lost the point in videogaming in the first place and probably spend more time caring about a non-essential thing in a videogame (like a K/D ratio or rank number) than on actually important things in life.

I'd feel sorry for them because they're more likely to be nerds who have horrendous social skills (hence the constant flaming you see from those types of people) but then again.....no, they give no reason to feel sorry for them.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#16chad_daddyPosted 1/5/2013 4:28:11 PM
this game is fun, i love going on frenzies with no skill as soon as i get a binary rifle or incineration launcher.
---
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2570/newestsig.jpg
C.Warden AKA BigSmoke
#17BigCatFivePosted 1/5/2013 4:50:55 PM
When will all you people agreeing with the TC realize that "the masses" preferred Halo 2 & 3 over Reach & 4?

You can continue to defend 343 and what has happened to the Halo franchise, but the reality is that it has progressively been slipping over the past 2-3 years. All self inflicted wounds as well.
#18TGAkumaPosted 1/5/2013 5:09:07 PM
nazacuckoo posted...
I think people are just overreacting.
When a game borrows some elements from a more mainstream or popular game,
everyone rants about it being "dumbed down".
But these people don't seem to realise that these additions might have been needed.
For example, being able to crouch without holding down a button is a very good
thing. In previous Halo games crouching was so annoying and clunky that it was only really
used for T-bagging, but now that you don't have to permenantly hold down the stick,
you can use crouching more effectively, and it is actually useful now.

But of course, everyone complained about that because you could do that in CoD.

You could toggle crouch so you just had to press the stick down once in Reach. Pretty sure you could in Halo 3 as well.
#19Super VejitaPosted 1/5/2013 5:22:34 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
Agreed TC.

Anyone who complains about a game being too casual has lost the point in videogaming in the first place and probably spend more time caring about a non-essential thing in a videogame (like a K/D ratio or rank number) than on actually important things in life.

I'd feel sorry for them because they're more likely to be nerds who have horrendous social skills (hence the constant flaming you see from those types of people) but then again.....no, they give no reason to feel sorry for them.

This. It's pretty sad that gaming has come to this nowadays. How quickly we forget how things were when we started out. I say it's more of a business decision. You appeal to more people at first and those people will stay for the next game, and the game after that. Though it would be nice if they catered somewhat to the vets. But then, the vets can just suck it up and adapt to the new gameplay. Either that or go back to Halo 3/Reach
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#20Clayton_RyanPosted 1/5/2013 7:09:36 PM
Bottom line, a game company should work on pleasing their CORE fans. The ones who played it in the beginning and made it popular in the first place. For example, EA turned Mass Effect and Dragon Age into action games. The first ones were heavy on the RPG elements, but after EA came in, they turned into easy-to-play action games.
---
Gamer tag-L0rd 2Tap
"You see what happens, Larry?!?"