Spartan Ops Hunting Trip Glitch

#1dfchang813Posted 1/5/2013 4:31:55 PM
Interesting Glitch.

The stage:

Legendary Solo Spartan Ops. Episode 3, Level 5: Hunting Trip on the Gate.

The situation. One of the Elites got stuck in the mountain. How he got into this predicament I don't know.

The air support that vaporizes the Elite gunships won't come from Dalton if there are any foot soldiers alive.

So . . . after I killed everything on the ground, I couldn't get to that Elite stuck in the mountain. Could jeckpack to him, couldn't blow him up with grendade.

I wound up killing every single Covenant Cruiser in that level. I think there were six of them? I did it by hand too with mounted turrets, etc.

Then I went and tried to take out that blasted glitched Elite. Tried everything, couldn't do it. I thought I was going to have to redo the entire level which was super depressing.

Finally, used a beam rifle. Got the reticule to turn read through literally a 1 mm window. Killed him.

Level immediately ended with no missiles, bombs, or anything (I had destroyed all the cruisers earlier).

Total time: 1.5 hours. :(

Anyone had something similar happen?
---
Dennis
#2blues_13Posted 1/10/2013 8:45:27 PM
I had the exact same thing happen to me. Wasted a good 10-15 minutes trying to throw grenades/concussion stuff up there- I thought the Elite was *behind* the rocks D:

And yeah, Beam Rifle eventually worked for me. Also had an extremely small area to shoot.