How is Halo Reach better than this game?

#31gameslickerPosted 1/8/2013 11:25:17 AM
TC, replacing default weapon spawns with ordinance drops COMPLETELY changes the dynamic of what made halo different from other shooters. halo's multiplayer has always been about map/weapon control (with exception to halo wars)

ill agree with you on spartan ops having some sort of story line but the fact that i cant start out with sniper/rocket with ammo upgrade and unlimited sprint or a incineration cannon/fuel rod gun with dexterity and promethean vision very much annoys me.

actually, i can fault the game for not having access to everything in the beginning because 343 made it this way. again, in every past halo game, no matter what level everyone was, they (everybody in the same match) all started with the same weapons, grenades, and armor abilities in reach's case. everybody physically started on even level. yes i know i can level up and eventually have access to most of the stuff but why do that? i personally dont have much time to play any day of the week so i cant exactly have everything unlocked in a short amount of time
#32IcefrioPosted 1/8/2013 11:55:41 AM
KaoticEnigma posted...
Whitbane posted...
I haven't touched the online component yet but I have system linked with my friends. Can someone explain to me how the hell they manages to **** up weapon spawns and replace it with crappy ordinance drops?

That alone makes Reach better.

Cuz weapon spawns suck. The game becomes about map control instead of promoting movement and action.

Ordinance drops keep you on your toes since anybody can have a power weapon without predictably running at weapon spawns and getting butchered.

Ordinance drops just lower the skill curve. If you can't master map control and weapon spawn control, you really don't deserve to be good at an FPS. That's a huuugggee reason why H4 is bad. The skill of enemy weapon prediction means you can play to strengths instead of having to keep the terrible mentality of "I could possibly be totally ****ed at any time, at any range!"
---
//
#33Zakux13Posted 1/8/2013 12:24:27 PM
Halo reach hands down. Halo 4 was a bad game, that simple. The only reason ppl like it is for the multiplayer but if you can look past that, the story is a confusing mess the game was so dull I almost couldn't play it, and if you can't afford xbox live or internet your so screwed its not even funny. 343 punishes you for not paying for xbox live. I'm saying this as a fan of the halo universe not just the multiplayer. Halo reach will always be better than 4.
#34X250Posted 1/8/2013 12:25:37 PM
Zakux13 posted...
Halo reach hands down. Halo 4 was a bad game, that simple. The only reason ppl like it is for the multiplayer but if you can look past that, the story is a confusing mess the game was so dull I almost couldn't play it, and if you can't afford xbox live or internet your so screwed its not even funny. 343 punishes you for not paying for xbox live. I'm saying this as a fan of the halo universe not just the multiplayer. Halo reach will always be better than 4.

Actually, Halo 4's campaign is pretty good.

It's the multiplayer that's broken as s***.
#35yanksfan4247Posted 1/8/2013 12:29:50 PM
Love this game. Couldn't pay me to play reach. Once Gears 3 came out I never played that s---.
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/69396.png
#36Zakux13Posted 1/8/2013 12:33:18 PM
No Kidding! Lol the multiplayer is a train wreck. But Flood is really fun ^^, ...... but reach is still better lol