So I went from a 32 or so inch SD box of a tv back to my roommates 42"...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. So I went from a 32 or so inch SD box of a tv back to my roommates 42"...

User Info: Bigtymer113

Bigtymer113
4 years ago#11
Screen lag tiers:
Best:
Tube TV
Good:
VGA monitor
Laggy:
Everything else.

My HDMI Asus is fine. However I don't know if that's just the brand of monitor I have or what.
Poetic Justice
GT: Swizzy Dangles

User Info: Demigod_Elessar

Demigod_Elessar
4 years ago#12
I have a friend who just upgraded from an old tube TV to a 26" HDTV, and he loves it and thinks it's a much better improvement.

I've been on HDTV's since 2005, starting with those huge ass rear projection models. So I honestly don't remember what playing on a SDTV is like... but I would assume the experience could differ depending on TV, brand of the TV, and what cords you use.
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards, and as a gamertag)

User Info: C810

C810
4 years ago#13
Bigtymer113 posted...
Screen lag tiers:
Best:
Tube TV
Good:
VGA monitor
Laggy:
Everything else.

My HDMI Asus is fine. However I don't know if that's just the brand of monitor I have or what.

Lag can vary quite a bit between monitor brands and their price tiers from 1 ms up to 5 ms or something like that
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron

User Info: BillyBob_21

BillyBob_21
4 years ago#14
I can't even stand playing on a plasma TV. Tube TV's are the only type that I can comfortably play on due to the input lag.

User Info: sulli15

sulli15
4 years ago#15
I'm glad I'm not alone/crazy. I played on my SD TV forever and never had a problem, but when I go to someone's house or something to play I am significantly worse at the game because of their nicer TV's. I have heard everyone tell me it's all in my head and stuff like that but I can FEEL the difference.

I have heard that some nice monitors don't have any lag, though. I recall hearing about the ASUS ones being used for MLG awhile back? I could be mistaken, though. I'd imagine if they were willing to use them at a professional level then they must be pretty damn good.
GT: LAWL SULLI

User Info: galv0

galv0
4 years ago#16
Make sure you set the TV to "Game Mode".
Noobs -_-
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. So I went from a 32 or so inch SD box of a tv back to my roommates 42"...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived