So I went from a 32 or so inch SD box of a tv back to my roommates 42"...

#11Bigtymer113Posted 1/8/2013 10:18:42 PM
Screen lag tiers:
Best:
Tube TV
Good:
VGA monitor
Laggy:
Everything else.

My HDMI Asus is fine. However I don't know if that's just the brand of monitor I have or what.
---
Poetic Justice
GT: Swizzy Dangles
#12Demigod_ElessarPosted 1/8/2013 10:21:50 PM
I have a friend who just upgraded from an old tube TV to a 26" HDTV, and he loves it and thinks it's a much better improvement.

I've been on HDTV's since 2005, starting with those huge ass rear projection models. So I honestly don't remember what playing on a SDTV is like... but I would assume the experience could differ depending on TV, brand of the TV, and what cords you use.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards, and as a gamertag)
#13C810Posted 1/8/2013 10:23:12 PM
Bigtymer113 posted...
Screen lag tiers:
Best:
Tube TV
Good:
VGA monitor
Laggy:
Everything else.

My HDMI Asus is fine. However I don't know if that's just the brand of monitor I have or what.

Lag can vary quite a bit between monitor brands and their price tiers from 1 ms up to 5 ms or something like that
---
"Modern Biology is Chemistry, modern Chemistry is Physics, and modern Physics is...crazy." - Mark Peyron
#14BillyBob_21Posted 1/8/2013 10:27:13 PM
I can't even stand playing on a plasma TV. Tube TV's are the only type that I can comfortably play on due to the input lag.
#15sulli15Posted 1/8/2013 10:28:07 PM
I'm glad I'm not alone/crazy. I played on my SD TV forever and never had a problem, but when I go to someone's house or something to play I am significantly worse at the game because of their nicer TV's. I have heard everyone tell me it's all in my head and stuff like that but I can FEEL the difference.

I have heard that some nice monitors don't have any lag, though. I recall hearing about the ASUS ones being used for MLG awhile back? I could be mistaken, though. I'd imagine if they were willing to use them at a professional level then they must be pretty damn good.
---
GT: LAWL SULLI
#16galv0Posted 1/9/2013 7:10:21 AM
Make sure you set the TV to "Game Mode".
---
Noobs -_-