Do people age 40+ play Halo 4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Do people age 40+ play Halo 4?

User Info: Cunningedge

Cunningedge
3 years ago#11
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Even though I don't doubt that the average gamer is 30( seeing as its a fact), I can't help but think the average age of the online gamer is lower than that. I'm sure there are a bunch of older people that play online shooters but I gotta think that the majority are in there mid to early 20's.

It's not that far fetched. I started gaming late into Atari. I'm sadly closing in on 30 years old. All the kids that started with the first Nintendo are in that ballpark.

I do agree mostly the youth seem to use headsets. I much prefer using a headset with people I know, so unless I have friends online I'm mute. Only because I find most randoms to be terribly annoying.

The nice thing about all of us older guys gaming is being able to game with our kids. I could barely get my dad to figure out the 2 button Nintendo controller lol. I already have my 4 year old son handling the 360 controller fairly competently in Halo.
XBL: Crimson Mask

User Info: superg11

superg11
3 years ago#12
Slick32373 posted...
Well I wonder if the age 40+ crowd that plays Halo have jobs, families etc and are not unemployed losers living in their mother's basement. I'm not saying they are...I'm just saying I wonder IF most of them are...

I'm 40 next month, fully employed and have a big family (4 boys). I've grown up with video games and although I only get a few hours a week to play, it's something I'll always do.
Most of my friends that play are 30+

User Info: BryanPS360

BryanPS360
3 years ago#13
My dad (52) has been playing Halo 4 consistently since he got his 360. I don't know if he actually plays War Games/Spartan Ops though.
XBGT:ABN THUG 210 PSN: ABNTHUG210

User Info: espraile

espraile
3 years ago#14
enterthemadrox posted...
LoneWolf4545 posted...
Even though I don't doubt that the average gamer is 30( seeing as its a fact), I can't help but think the average age of the online gamer is lower than that. I'm sure there are a bunch of older people that play online shooters but I gotta think that the majority are in there mid to early 20's.

I'd say it's 50/50, just that the majority of online gamers who use mics and headsets seem to be between the ages of 13-24.

And the majority of online gamers who use mics and headsets seem to have a mental age between 9 - 13. With extra profanity.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

User Info: PrintersChamp

PrintersChamp
3 years ago#15
RoneZoneFitness posted...
iRGush posted...
the average age of a gamer is in the 30's iirc

average?? wow. That seems so strange to me...I can't imagine gaming casually 8 years from now but then again........well no, yes i can, nevermind. :p

I'm 33 and there are a lot of us. We grew up playing Atari. I think most 30+ just aren't vocal on forums. We have jobs and marriages and kids now. But we still play.
xbl= PrintersChamp

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#16
iRGush posted...
the average age of a gamer is in the 30's iirc

Yup, 37 was the latest estimate.
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact

User Info: majorm

majorm
3 years ago#17
People over 50 play them!!!

Age is just a number. As you kids will discover when you get older and still want to play. It's stupid to assume that somebody older that plays must be a no life loser.

I'm 53, have a good job, a great marriage and 2 awesome kids. I get on mostly in the evening if I play during the week and early morning on the weekends. It's just one of my hobbies. I play with my 15 year-old son all the time. He started playing with me when he was 7. He's ridiculous now. Especially at Halo. And he plans on becoming a pastor so I don't want to hear about video games turning kids bad.

I play online a lot with a friend who is 45. We're both decent. My k/d in Halo 4 is around 1.2. I know nothing to brag about but I don't kill any team I'm on. It's about the same in Black Ops.

I never played games in my 20s. Of course if we'd have had the Xbox and PS back then I might have. I just got into them in the last 10 years since the Xbox came out. I'll play 'till I'm dead now.

Funny thing is, since I got into games more recently, I do NOT like the old school games like Mario. I have no nostalgic love for the N64 or anything like that. I'd much rather play Halo, Gears or Uncharted than some side scrolling junk.
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.

User Info: zigmagem

zigmagem
3 years ago#18
I did a poll on this and it got modded for off topic posting

Around 35% were between 25-29, and 35% 30-40
xbox 360 gametag: JediLink
"only the dead have seen the end of war"-Plato

User Info: dubfire

dubfire
3 years ago#19
I'll be 37 in February and I don't see my gaming slowing down anytime soon.
BF3 - Dubfire33
Xbox - KyllSwych76

User Info: Cpt_of_Industry

Cpt_of_Industry
3 years ago#20
I'm 26 and I feel pretty young on this board, so I'd say yeah definitely.
The Jersey Guy
  1. Boards
  2. Halo 4
  3. Do people age 40+ play Halo 4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived