How exactly does Promethean Vision give away your position?

#1GTDunPosted 1/9/2013 12:28:03 AM
Can someone explain? And just to clarify, I am referring to the person being exposed who is using the vision. I've heard people talk about it but not explain it in detail.
#2RoneZoneFitnessPosted 1/9/2013 12:29:16 AM
when you activate it, others see a pulse go out on their radar.

it's crap, don't bother with it.
#3Ch33z_I_LuvPosted 1/9/2013 12:31:31 AM
It's not crap. I use it all the time.
#4GTDun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:32:53 AM
RoneZoneFitness posted...
when you activate it, others see a pulse go out on their radar.

it's crap, don't bother with it.

I mean, isn't seeing people through walls a huge advantage though? Doesn't seem like a momentary radar pulse is that big of a drawback. If I saw a pulse on my radar I doubt I would just charge that direction furiously.
#5GTDun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:33:40 AM
Is a radar pulse really all it is that gives you away?
#6zetsuhimozePosted 1/9/2013 12:34:14 AM
Its nearly useless when dealing with people in the higher ranks since many use the stealth perk
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#7forthnbackPosted 1/9/2013 12:36:01 AM
It lets your enemy know that you see them through the wall, so now both of you are aware of exactly where each of you are...since at close range, you can see the origin point. And if they have the stealth perk equipped from Wetwork, then you reveal yourself with the pulse and, due to the perk, you cannot see them behind the wall with Promethean Vision.

So you run out and get ambushed. Its crap, honestly. Map awareness and player skill can give you everything PV does, and free up your slots for a more mechanical advantage perk.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat
#8GTDun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:53:41 AM
forthnback posted...
It lets your enemy know that you see them through the wall, so now both of you are aware of exactly where each of you are...since at close range, you can see the origin point. And if they have the stealth perk equipped from Wetwork, then you reveal yourself with the pulse and, due to the perk, you cannot see them behind the wall with Promethean Vision.

So you run out and get ambushed. Its crap, honestly. Map awareness and player skill can give you everything PV does, and free up your slots for a more mechanical advantage perk.

So do they literally see you through the wall, or does it just show your dot on radar while the PV is active?
#9RoneZoneFitnessPosted 1/9/2013 1:10:37 AM
GTDun posted...
forthnback posted...

So do they literally see you through the wall, or does it just show your dot on radar while the PV is active?

The pulse indicates your position, so yes it is crap, as on of the above posters said, map awareness & radar easily do much more for you than PV. I don't doubt people do well with PV, but they could do so much better by dropping PV for something less redundant.
#10deafheroPosted 1/9/2013 1:50:20 AM
No they can't see you through the wall...but if they are close enough and are paying attention, they can trace the pulse back to the point of origin and approximate your position. Honestly it benefits me much more to see someones full body including the weapons they have equipped, before I turn a corner to confront them. The one noticing the pulse has no where near the advantage of the one using PV. Also if they have the wetwork perk...YOU CAN STILL SEE THEM!!! people make it seems like you're completely invisible with stealth. You can still perfectly see a stealth users outline and their weapons....only difference is their color blends into the background instead of being bright red. Hope this exolains everything you asked for.
---
If you could reason with Christians, there would be no Christians
Gamertag-DeafAlchemist