How exactly does Promethean Vision give away your position?

#11unknown_suspectPosted 1/9/2013 1:51:42 AM
Not to mention aside from the radar pulse and your dot location on the radar (provided your opponent is close enough), there's also a distinct sound effect when someone uses PV.
---
"Nothin' like a good scrubbin'!" - deathsyte05
360 GT: UnknownSuspect5
#12forthnbackPosted 1/9/2013 2:05:10 AM
deafhero posted...
Also if they have the wetwork perk...YOU CAN STILL SEE THEM!!! .

Incorrect. If they have the perk you can't see them at all behind a wall. Outside in plain sight, they have an outline. Youtube video for demonstration included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kULQrIeiZjA&t=2m01s

First clip shows you without Stealth equipped. Second demo shows you with it eqipped.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat
#13Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/9/2013 2:38:02 AM(edited)
When I am teamed up with friends and an enemy's Promethean vision goes off we know to attack and it basically becomes a contest to see which one of us gets the kill. It's like a "free kill come get me" button. I usually never bother with the stealth perk either

The only thing promethean vision really has going for it is that you can get the first shot on someone as they round the corner. It's a counter for people who jump as they go around corners. Since using it for the first few days the game was out, I've had no desire to play that way.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#14deafheroPosted 1/9/2013 4:10:09 AM
forthnback posted...
deafhero posted...
Also if they have the wetwork perk...YOU CAN STILL SEE THEM!!! .

I stand corrected

Incorrect. If they have the perk you can't see them at all behind a wall. Outside in plain sight, they have an outline. Youtube video for demonstration included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kULQrIeiZjA&t=2m01s

First clip shows you without Stealth equipped. Second demo shows you with it eqipped.

---
If you could reason with Christians, there would be no Christians
Gamertag-DeafAlchemist
#15GTDun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:57:15 AM
Thanks to everyone for explaining that. To me it appears that PV is still quite powerful against a bunch of uncoordinated randoms (which is usually who you'll be facing). I can see how it would potentially hurt you to use it against a legitimate team that stuck together and communicated.

That being said, the only other two AA's I see that are worth anything are the Jetpack and Camo. What do you guys think is worth using over PV? I've recently been using the Thruster Pack and while its decent, I don't feel it provides as much of an advantage as the other three AA's I mentioned.
#16Oblivion_HeroPosted 1/9/2013 9:26:40 AM
Depends on the map for me.
I find hologram to be pretty useful in close quarters maps, since it throws up an extra distracting dot on the radar, can bait campers, and just in general distract opponents. I also remember someone saying how they used a hologram, ran with it and stopped early before the holo did, so the opponent hesitated and decided to shoot at the still moving hologram. You can even make them teabag if you target it at a corpse iirc, so even if it's easy to figure out what's a holo, that split second indecision or fire drawing it causes can be great.

And I've also used regen field for games where I'm actually coordinating with others and trying to support other people. Like in a capture the flag game, if our flag runner was getting shot at and took a defensible route, I may throw up the regen shield in it so he gets to heal as he passes through it and can get more distance.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#17forthnbackPosted 1/9/2013 9:26:56 AM
Every AA is more useful than Promethean Vision, and I mean that. PV's bonus, enemy detection, is something you can learn via map awareness, radar, and personal ability. All the others provide mechanical advantages.

I prefer Hardlight Shield, Camo, and Regen Field.
---
lizard_cops5771 - carbine should be called the space chugger
Urdnot_Runt - wat
#18ArcGuardPosted 1/9/2013 9:29:35 AM
GTDun posted...
Thanks to everyone for explaining that. To me it appears that PV is still quite powerful against a bunch of uncoordinated randoms (which is usually who you'll be facing). I can see how it would potentially hurt you to use it against a legitimate team that stuck together and communicated.

That being said, the only other two AA's I see that are worth anything are the Jetpack and Camo. What do you guys think is worth using over PV? I've recently been using the Thruster Pack and while its decent, I don't feel it provides as much of an advantage as the other three AA's I mentioned.

It's completely redundant. The only thing it helps with is catching people crouch-walking around. Because you can know where people are by knowing the map and using your radar. The other powers provide you with MUCH more power.

HardLight? Pretty much cannot die at long range.
Hologram? Distractions, pulls shots, crazy amount of free assassinations.
Jetpack? Changes map dynamics completely
Etc.

So why would you pick something that can be already done with something you already have? (Your radar)
#19Ultima_WraithPosted 1/9/2013 9:35:50 AM(edited)
ArcGuard posted...
GTDun posted...

It's completely redundant. The only thing it helps with is catching people crouch-walking around. Because you can know where people are by knowing the map and using your radar. The other powers provide you with MUCH more power.

HardLight? Pretty much cannot die at long range.
Hologram? Distractions, pulls shots, crazy amount of free assassinations.
Jetpack? Changes map dynamics completely
Etc.

So why would you pick something that can be already done with something you already have? (Your radar)

Not to mention it's still only helpful in the direct you're looking, I had crouch-walked all the way into blue base on exile and I STILL assassinated the guy who used it right before jumping into their gauss hog for a little chaos.

*edited* silly text, how did you end up in the quote field?
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#20Asherlee10Posted 1/9/2013 10:24:06 AM
PV doesn't compete with Camo, Hologram, Jet-pack and arguably the Hardlight Shield. They should have put it into a specialization instead of an armor ability.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."