Lets face it, we lost to CoD

#21WhitbanePosted 1/9/2013 4:00:13 AM
The whole problem with the game is that they tried to be Call of Duty and failed terribly. Halo players and CoD players fulfill different niches all together, and instead of staying and trying to please the Halo player base, they tried to do that AND steal players away from CoD with several changes to how the Halo multiplayer component works.

It's a mess.
#22majormPosted 1/9/2013 4:14:44 AM
I love Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. When I'm not playing one, I'm playing the other.

Why do you have to pick one? Why can't you like both?

So many people complain about them "dumbing down" games. Well, get used to it because it won't change. Devs are going to make their game as accessible to as many people as possible. They want it as easy to pick up and play for new people as it is for vets. Know why?? To sell as many copies of the game as they can and MAKE MONEY!

Just because somebody can jump into a Halo game now and immediately see where the power weapons are instead of having to play the map for a while and LEARN where they are doesn't break the game. Just because you went 25-5 all the time in Halo 3 and now only go 20-10 because they made the game "too easy for noobs" doesn't mean they ruined the game.

And no, I'm NOT a Halo noob. I've played them all a ton since CE. I actually had the biggest problems with the changes they made in Halo 3 and in Reach. I detest the armor abilities and the changes they added in Reach. But I've accepted them and kept playing.

Nobody will ever make a game that will make everybody happy. They can only make the game they think will make the MOST people happy. They'll hit and they'll miss. If you don't like something, post on the game's official forums. But this constant "Oh, the game sucks now," whining is beyond ridiculous.

Sorry, this got much longer than I intended and I know most of the ADD kids around here won't even bother.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#23Bosniak10Posted 1/9/2013 4:31:38 AM
Lost what? ...

I didn't know buying the game came with an agreement that I can lose something. I also own BO2. Not sure what TC is talking about.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll! Do not feed!
#24majormPosted 1/9/2013 4:36:01 AM
The whole problem with the game is that they tried to be Call of Duty and failed terribly. Halo players and CoD players fulfill different niches all together, and instead of staying and trying to please the Halo player base, they tried to do that AND steal players away from CoD with several changes to how the Halo multiplayer component works.

It's a mess.

You actually make a great point and it's part of what I'm talking about in my previous post.

You're absolutely right. Halo 4 did try to borrow (steal) a little bit from COD. But why wouldn't they? COD has the most successful MP component of any game ever. Again, they're trying to sell the most copies of the game they can. COD has taken some things from Halo over the years too. And Halo still plays much differently than COD.

Personally, I wish the Halo MP was still exactly like it was in Halo 2. I thought that was the best ever. But if they had made no changes since then other than updating the graphics, how many people would be screaming about that??
---
#25BigCatFivePosted 1/9/2013 4:42:04 AM
majorm posted...
I love Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. When I'm not playing one, I'm playing the other.

Why do you have to pick one? Why can't you like both?

So many people complain about them "dumbing down" games. Well, get used to it because it won't change. Devs are going to make their game as accessible to as many people as possible. They want it as easy to pick up and play for new people as it is for vets. Know why?? To sell as many copies of the game as they can and MAKE MONEY!

Just because somebody can jump into a Halo game now and immediately see where the power weapons are instead of having to play the map for a while and LEARN where they are doesn't break the game. Just because you went 25-5 all the time in Halo 3 and now only go 20-10 because they made the game "too easy for noobs" doesn't mean they ruined the game.

And no, I'm NOT a Halo noob. I've played them all a ton since CE. I actually had the biggest problems with the changes they made in Halo 3 and in Reach. I detest the armor abilities and the changes they added in Reach. But I've accepted them and kept playing.

Nobody will ever make a game that will make everybody happy. They can only make the game they think will make the MOST people happy. They'll hit and they'll miss. If you don't like something, post on the game's official forums. But this constant "Oh, the game sucks now," whining is beyond ridiculous.

Sorry, this got much longer than I intended and I know most of the ADD kids around here won't even bother.

Just so you know, I don't have ADD, read it, and let me tell you that you are dumb.

MORE PEOPLE PLAYED HALO 2&3. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.

This is not a pro/ noob thing. You know the "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Yeah, they ****ed themselves. If you honestly think it was about money I am wasting my time. This game would have sold no matter what. It has "Halo" on the cover.

Why would it sell simply because "Halo" was on the cover? Because over the past 10+ years they built a fan base large enough to support it. Not because they made changes to be "as accessible as possible".

Just so everyone knows, this person condoned learning in his rant. Yes, we officially have anti-learning people supporting Halo 4, and in the world in general. I wish the world would have ended.
#26CorndogburglarPosted 1/9/2013 4:48:51 AM
BraveGhostOfYou posted...
Corndogburglar, I used to think like you, but cod does take skill, it's not as "campy" as you make it out to be. I recommend the championship series playlist, and I recommend giving it a good day or two, it's really actually challenging, requires teamwork to win etc. hard point and flag are amazing, and search can be a super exciting game mode if you or your friends make clutch intense plays

Anyways halo is my game of choice ive been playing since nov 2004 and the way to keep it going is to support it, and any tournaments run for it , such as agl, or any local events nearby. If you don't have any, then organize one, I've held a good 10 or so LANs in my garage when I was playing halo 3 and I drove cross states to play halo on LAN, not even for a tournament.

Everyone jut play the game they enjoy playing/like, support your game, no need to hate on other games success, your post makes it sound like you haven't even given the game a shot.

Here's the thing. I played Codblops 2 last night for about 5 hours. In the past I've owned Modern Warfare 2 and the first Codblops. I see next to no difference in the games aside from a few things that really don't change the gameplay. I'll admit that I do like the point system for equipment in Blops 2. I think that was a good addition...but again, that really doesn't change anything about the game itself.

So I've given CoD games plenty of chances, and it all comes down to the fact that it seems like camping runs rampant, and if you're not camping, you're not winning. It has always been the formula in these games.

I mean, in one match last night, I was running with 2 other teammates. We enter a building, and ONE enemy who was camping in the corner killed all three of us with a burst of his gun. That isn't skill, thats just sitting in one place and spraying your gun.

Half the other times, you're getting shot from some unknown position, and dying instantly. It doesn't even give you an opportunity to fight back. And lets say that the hidden shooter is bad enough to where he misses you with the first few shots, by the time you find him, line up your shot, and actually fire back, you're dead. Even the worst player in the world would be able to kill you.

It just isn't my cup of tea. It has nothing to do with me not giving CoD a chance, because I have. And the thing that really kills me, is that Battlefield is very similar in gameplay, yet it suffers very few of the same problems as CoD. It just doesn't make sense to me.
---
Everyone said it a was a miracle when Jesus hit that grand slam in the bottom of the 9th. I just thought it was a lucky shot.
#27WhitbanePosted 1/9/2013 4:58:53 AM
majorm posted...

It's a mess.

You actually make a great point and it's part of what I'm talking about in my previous post.

You're absolutely right. Halo 4 did try to borrow (steal) a little bit from COD. But why wouldn't they? COD has the most successful MP component of any game ever. Again, they're trying to sell the most copies of the game they can. COD has taken some things from Halo over the years too. And Halo still plays much differently than COD.

Personally, I wish the Halo MP was still exactly like it was in Halo 2. I thought that was the best ever. But if they had made no changes since then other than updating the graphics, how many people would be screaming about that??

Either way, they make someone mad. Impossible to please both sides.
#28majormPosted 1/9/2013 5:18:03 AM(edited)
BigCatFive posted...

Just so you know, I don't have ADD, read it, and let me tell you that you are dumb.

MORE PEOPLE PLAYED HALO 2&3. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND.

Well what else were they going to be playing when Halo 2 was going? And even when Halo 3 came out, COD wasn't the monster it is now. Black Ops 2 came out a week after Halo 4. That may have a little something to do with Halo 4's player base being smaller.

This is not a pro/ noob thing. You know the "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Yeah, they ****ed themselves. If you honestly think it was about money I am wasting my time..

If you honestly think it's NOT about money I'm not the one who's dumb.

Why would it sell simply because "Halo" was on the cover? Because over the past 10+ years they built a fan base large enough to support it. Not because they made changes to be "as accessible as possible"

But again, they did NOT have the 500 lb. gorilla that COD has become back in the Halo 2 and 3 days. They had to make changes or die on the vine.

Just so everyone knows, this person condoned learning in his rant. Yes, we officially have anti-learning people supporting Halo 4, and in the world in general. I wish the world would have ended.

Ha, ha. You better read this one again genius. You said I condone learning and then said I'm anti learning. Which is it??
---
#29_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 1/9/2013 5:17:39 AM
For me, Halo is a much more enjoyable game. Also , it is quite popular in its own right. Thank God I am not somehow forced to play whatever is most popular. If that were that case , I'd have to play COD, FIFA (Europe's " Madden").

In the past, I'd have to play games like Tony Hawk Pro skater (eww), Gran Turismo (Snooore), Wii move games, Guitar hero or whatever the hell else people like to play.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | 8GB RAM | 1TB 7200 rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Corsair K90 & M90 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518
#30A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 1/9/2013 5:28:53 AM
Corndogburgler, you must not be very good at Call of Duty, and have pretty bad reaction time. Why would you not check your corners in chokepoints of the map, oh because Halo has a motion sensor. The hit detection can be frustrating at times, but it's also frustrating how generous Halo's hit detection is. You say that bullets go where you aim, but really that's not true, the bullets just go where you want them to. With the massive tonedown of the DMR's Bloom, all the precision weapons are simply fired as fast as they will fire, and chances are, they'll hit because they really don't recoil at all, and the aim assist is so generous. This pretty much brings it down to connectivity and who started shooting first again. On top of that my old favorites like Griffball and Action sack are no more. You don't see forged maps in matchmaking either.

I didn't get Blops 2, I picked Halo this year. While I'd probably do the same thing again, I'm disappointed in how Halo 4 turned out. CoDs are rushed and buggy at launch, but at least they have post launch support. I think I've downloaded one patch for Halo 4, and it still doesn't function properly. The Armors all look so bad, and 90% of games take place on 3 maps. Next year, it will definitely not be Halo that gets my gaming dollar. I've never cared for the Battlefield series (because I hate vehicles and EA in general), but CoD is played out for me, and Halo 4 was more sloppily done than any COD that I've played.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them