Lets face it, we lost to CoD

#31majormPosted 1/9/2013 5:31:23 AM
Whitbane posted...
Either way, they make someone mad. Impossible to please both sides.

Exactly.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#32Purps1024Posted 1/9/2013 5:37:07 AM
TC, you can't make everyone happy. Besides, games that are played by the masses tend to be the ones that are unpopular or have a very short "peak" period before they start to rapidly decline (which is what is happening now to CoD).

Amazing games that truly deliver never reach the sales levels of games like CoD. Look at Dead Space, BioShock, Borderlands, etc.

What you look at are reviews and general consensus, not sales. Now when we look at those, between Halo and BO2, which was the better game? I think we can all agree with some simple searches on Google and Amazon for a start, that Halo 4 was a wild success. You can't say the same for BO2. Am I on the Halo 4 board? Yes, but I also am typically not a Halo gamer.

Peace.
---
Yes.
#33SunDevil77Posted 1/9/2013 5:37:51 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/04/halo-4-vs-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-the-results-ign-versus

According to gamers all over, no, we didn't. Quality-wise.
Nothing will ever be more popular than CoD in the FPS genre.
---
These people are meat virgins. They'll be taken by the grill and delicately and tenderly be shown the ways of flavorful meat love. The first time is beautiful.
#34Ultima_WraithPosted 1/9/2013 5:50:12 AM
Meh, I don't know why people insist on thinking of this in terms of winning and losing, I hate COD, I don't like war-reenactment games or ones based on real weapons fighting regular people. I won by playing this, because despite how many people gripe and complain about it, it still only takes me all of 2 minutes to find a full team in any gametype I feel like playing.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#35PAL360Posted 1/9/2013 6:06:55 AM
Not me, that's for sure.
Halo 4 is fantastic, multiplayer wise. It's refreshing, pays great, looks fantastic and it's incredibly polished. Black Ops is just another CoD game, and i already got bored of it's formula years ago.
#36galv0Posted 1/9/2013 6:11:02 AM
M16Crowbar posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
There never was a chance at overtaking CoD, honestly. There was a chance at least to be a solid, competing product in the #2 slot, but you know, the way 343 handles things...

It still is a shame though. Black ops 2 took 2 years to make. Halo 4 took 5 years to make. Black ops 2 took less money to make. Halo 4 took a blank check from Microsoft to make. I find that as a lost.

I find your grammar as a lost.
---
Noobs -_-
#37The_Dark_WallPosted 1/9/2013 6:40:42 AM
Meh. Popularity never equals superiority
---
"The only philosophy that is always right is that no philosophy is always right"
#38cfrydaPosted 1/9/2013 7:08:50 AM
I've played all the Halo's and played all the Cod's

IMO it seems like for the last couple weeks half the games I get into online for Halo lag out or are just straight up host advantage

Its hard to keep playing a game with constant host migration and when one or two players in the room have a dozen kills while everyone else gets killed from the freaking lag!
---
XBL GT: Sodapop 8888
3DS FC: Sodapop 0559-7128-9372
#39ArcGuardPosted 1/9/2013 7:17:48 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/12/04/halo-4-vs-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-the-results-ign-versus

That's a good video. Pretty staggering numbers in comparison.
#40SunDevil77Posted 1/9/2013 7:46:32 AM
ArcGuard posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

That's a good video. Pretty staggering numbers in comparison.

My thinking exactly ^^
CoD will always win in sales, Halo will win in quality.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact