Having some issues doing a multiplayer campaign

#1dj4242Posted 1/9/2013 2:17:33 PM(edited)
Everytime we try to start one, it does the prologue and sends me back to the main menu of the game. Last time I tried to play about a month ago it gave me an error that my save file got messed up and wouldn't me continue on from where I left off. Is this the problem? Can I delete my save files some how? Why is it not letting me make a new game?

On past games if you just picked a level you previously beat it would let you start from there and keep playing through the story, but if I pick the level I had stopped on it wont let me progress from there and takes me back to the menu.

Please help.

*edit*

I try to load the mission "Infinity, rally point Charlie" and it tell sme that "Players failed to load content. A player may be missing downloadable content".

WTF
---
Deron Williams the best coach killer in sports.
Vikings and Pacers fan
#2Ultima_WraithPosted 1/9/2013 2:17:20 PM
Gremlins and/or Witchcraft
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#3dj4242(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:19:35 PM
Ultima_Wraith posted...

C'mon man. Not looking for trolling answers here, I would appreciate some real help.
---
Vikings and Pacers fan
#4Ultima_WraithPosted 1/9/2013 2:20:54 PM
dj4242 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...

C'mon man. Not looking for trolling answers here, I would appreciate some real help.

Honestly considering you're the only person I've ever heard have this particular issue, this may be more accurate than you'd think. Sometimes, crap messes up for no good reason.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#5dj4242(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:30:23 PM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
dj4242 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...

Honestly considering you're the only person I've ever heard have this particular issue, this may be more accurate than you'd think. Sometimes, crap messes up for no good reason.

Guess so.. This really sucks, I just went to the hard drive portion of my xbox to try and delete the save file and there aren't even any save files in there to delete. I don't understand.
---
Vikings and Pacers fan
#6Ultima_WraithPosted 1/9/2013 2:31:26 PM
dj4242 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
dj4242 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...

Guess so.. This really sucks, I just went to the hard drive portion of my xbox to try and delete the save file and there aren't even any save files in there to delete. I don't understand.

Mine gave me a weird "unreadable disc" error when the disc was flawless, I switched the Xbox from horizontal to vertical and it fixed it, dunno if that'd do squat for you though.
---
#7dj4242(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:49:08 PM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
dj4242 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
dj4242 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...

Mine gave me a weird "unreadable disc" error when the disc was flawless, I switched the Xbox from horizontal to vertical and it fixed it, dunno if that'd do squat for you though.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/12/19/a-fatal-error-in-halo-4/

This is what I found in Google. It is the exact problem I have. Apparently there is no way to fix it. What a waste of money, I was having so much before it decided to quit on me.
---
Vikings and Pacers fan
#8Frost_LASERPosted 1/9/2013 3:00:44 PM
I was actually getting this when I first played the game. The exact same thing. Download both game discs to your hard drive, that fixed it for me.
#9dj4242(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 3:04:51 PM
Frost_LASER posted...
I was actually getting this when I first played the game. The exact same thing. Download both game discs to your hard drive, that fixed it for me.

I've never tried to do this before, where can I do this from?
---
Vikings and Pacers fan
#10Frost_LASERPosted 1/9/2013 3:15:36 PM(edited)
dj4242 posted...
Frost_LASER posted...

I've never tried to do this before, where can I do this from?

Er I mean install I guess. But put the first disc in and go to the dashboard and where it says play Halo 4 press X for game details, then it should say install. For the second disc just put it in and load it up.

Here's a video

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Mjtg4BCIAZg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMjtg4BCIAZg

You just have to play the second disc to install it.