What type of "highest" game difficulty do you prefer? (Explanation ahead)

#11Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/10/2013 4:57:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12majorm(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 6:04:12 AM
I'm bumping this. Would love to see more responses.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.
#13billnye69Posted 1/11/2013 6:29:35 AM
Hardest game I've completed was Ninja Gaiden 1/2 on Master Mode. After beating that insanity. FPS games on their hardest modes are cake walks.
---
The worst mistake a game developer can make is listening to the community. Halo Reach, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are the ending result.....enough said.
#14skullsukkerPosted 1/11/2013 6:31:43 AM
smarter and stronger enemies while you remain the same. possibly remove some of the handholding like radar or "warnings" like the ones in the arkham games.

i definitely can tell the one i hate the most....endlessly respawning enemies with sharpshooter accuracy with guns and frags, and the enemy knowing where you are and shooting you in milliseconds.
#15Ultima_WraithPosted 1/11/2013 6:34:24 AM
billnye69 posted...
Hardest game I've completed was Ninja Gaiden 1/2 on Master Mode. After beating that insanity. FPS games on their hardest modes are cake walks.

Heaven or Hell mode for DMC 3, it almost broke me a couple of times.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#16docholliday504Posted 1/11/2013 9:52:01 AM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
billnye69 posted...

I never tried the hardest difficulties on NG or DMC3 even though I loved those games. Honestly after beating them I was kind of afraid and doubted I was capable. Well-Made hack-and-Slashes are much much harder than any FPS I've ever encountered (even on their highest difficulties). There are also platformers out there that can be crushingly hard (Cave Story, SMB2(JP) and Super Meat Boy come to mind).
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#17Ultima_WraithPosted 1/11/2013 1:00:30 PM
docholliday504 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
billnye69 posted...

I never tried the hardest difficulties on NG or DMC3 even though I loved those games. Honestly after beating them I was kind of afraid and doubted I was capable. Well-Made hack-and-Slashes are much much harder than any FPS I've ever encountered (even on their highest difficulties). There are also platformers out there that can be crushingly hard (Cave Story, SMB2(JP) and Super Meat Boy come to mind).

I was too afraid to try Hell or Hell mode on DMC4 after my experience. Heaven or Hell, you and all enemies have 1 hp, son of sparda difficulty (difficult, but doable if you're careful(
Hell or hell is you with 1hp, and everything on son of sparda and regular health, it made me shudder ust to imagine o.o
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#18enterthemadroxPosted 1/11/2013 1:09:13 PM
majorm posted...
For those that played the first Halo, remember the difference between Normal, Heroic and Legendary was the number and difficulty of the enemies. Legendary = SO MANY ELITES!! You basically took the same damage on all difficulties.

Then came Halo 2 and everything changed. Suddenly the number of enemies and their toughness were basically the same from one difficulty to the next. But YOU became weaker and took less damage as the difficulty went up.

Now it seems nearly every game has followed that pattern. Most of us have played a COD game on Veteran and know how ridiculous that can be because you just can't get hit at all. I think the toughest game I've ever played was the first R6 Vegas on "Realistic." So many instant deaths.

But I guess the idea was to make it seem more realistic. I mean in real life, you get shot a couple of times, you die. But personally, I'd much rather go back to the Halo style where the enemies get tougher and there are more of them as the difficulty goes up. That didn't seem nearly as frustrating as trying to play as this super-soldier that's basically wearing armor made of tissue paper.

What's your preference and what's the toughest game you've played?

So you want it to be like Goldeneye 007 on N64 where there were more enemies on levels rather than the Doom style where enemies were harder but similar in number?

Unless you're not old enough to have played those games to know that Halo and COD didn't introduce those two things.

Anyway, my option is both depending on the game.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#19Ultima_WraithPosted 1/11/2013 1:10:16 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
majorm posted...
For those that played the first Halo, remember the difference between Normal, Heroic and Legendary was the number and difficulty of the enemies. Legendary = SO MANY ELITES!! You basically took the same damage on all difficulties.

Then came Halo 2 and everything changed. Suddenly the number of enemies and their toughness were basically the same from one difficulty to the next. But YOU became weaker and took less damage as the difficulty went up.

Now it seems nearly every game has followed that pattern. Most of us have played a COD game on Veteran and know how ridiculous that can be because you just can't get hit at all. I think the toughest game I've ever played was the first R6 Vegas on "Realistic." So many instant deaths.

But I guess the idea was to make it seem more realistic. I mean in real life, you get shot a couple of times, you die. But personally, I'd much rather go back to the Halo style where the enemies get tougher and there are more of them as the difficulty goes up. That didn't seem nearly as frustrating as trying to play as this super-soldier that's basically wearing armor made of tissue paper.

What's your preference and what's the toughest game you've played?

So you want it to be like Goldeneye 007 on N64 where there were more enemies on levels rather than the Doom style where enemies were harder but similar in number?

Unless you're not old enough to have played those games to know that Halo and COD didn't introduce those two things.

Anyway, my option is both depending on the game.

I also like games like Mega Man where the only difficulty setting is "Memorization"
---
#20billnye69Posted 1/11/2013 2:21:33 PM
docholliday504 posted...
Ultima_Wraith posted...
billnye69 posted...

NG1 had the longest boss fight marathons, having to beating 6 bosses in a row when most of them can kill you in 4 hits wasn't easy, not to mention NG1 Black added in 2 new more dangerous bosses into those marathons. (that b**** with the whip enraged me)
---
The worst mistake a game developer can make is listening to the community. Halo Reach, Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2 are the ending result.....enough said.