The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

343: Next Halo will be 'much better'

#1ZeroSkyPosted 1/10/2013 10:25:38 AM
Franchise director Frank O'Connor says 343 Industries "made a lot of mistakes" with Halo 4, but overall the game "wasn't half bad."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/343-next-halo-will-be-much-better-6402200

Article Excerpt:
"We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better," Halo franchise director Frank O'Connor said in a retrospective blog post. "And we know this, and we will."

O'Connor said there were a "ton" of things 343 wished it had done better with Halo 4, including the implementation of features that didn't make it into the final game, various glitches that surfaced, "DLC fiascos," and communication breakdowns.

The developer didn't only focus on the negatives in the blog post, admitting that "for a first effort, [Halo 4] wasn't half bad." Bright spots during the development of Halo 4 included the formation of a tight-knit development team and the overhaul of the game engine, he said.

Wow. So they admitted it. I never actually expected them to say anything like that. I also like how Microsoft tried to cover up the DLC problems with blatantly made up stories about it being an intentional map pack trial, and Frank O'Connor comes right out and refers to it as a fiasco.

But if I'm reading that right, he essentially said "our first try at making a Halo game at least didn't completely suck, so hooray". Not what I was expecting, but I suppose better than blindly ignoring the game's problems and claiming it to be the awesomest thing ever.
#2CallMeCujoPosted 1/10/2013 10:34:29 AM
Atleast he is honest but the game is great! I love it so I don't care bout all tre problems but it does need more maps.
---
Xbox 360 GT: Zonaji.
#3metroidman92Posted 1/10/2013 10:36:26 AM
Can't deny that post-launch handling was not good. Still, at least Frankie owned up to it.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#4jesse_skaterPosted 1/10/2013 10:37:48 AM
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.
---
XBL: Jesse I3aker
#5Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/10/2013 10:41:20 AM
I doubt I'll still be playing video games by the time the next Halo comes out.

It's interesting to see how the industry has shifted towards working with the fanbase in develiopment and updates though. Maybe Halo 5 will be the best Halo MP ever.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#6SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 10:42:08 AM
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

No. A game that sucks is Medal of Honor: Warfighter...Vampire Rain...Dragon Age 2. Those games are bad. Halo 4 is great, you're just a whiny, entitled child.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#7SupaflyGibsonPosted 1/10/2013 10:43:14 AM
Gotta respect him for saying that. But still, such a casual statement for the most expensive 360 game to date.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#8enterthemadroxPosted 1/10/2013 10:44:36 AM
CallMeCujo posted...
Atleast he is honest but the game is great! I love it so I don't care bout all tre problems but it does need more maps.

This.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#9tranceaddict19Posted 1/10/2013 10:44:53 AM
Half bad ya game deserves a 5/10

Hopefully to make up for it they release Halo 5 at half price for 4 owners...

lulzzzz ya right!
---
360 GT- eljuanandonly
#10SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 10:50:40 AM
tranceaddict19 posted...
Half bad ya game deserves a 5/10

Hopefully to make up for it they release Halo 5 at half price for 4 owners...

lulzzzz ya right!

How
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact