343: Next Halo will be 'much better'

#101namewitheldPosted 1/10/2013 7:15:55 PM
**** me. I suppose false humbleness is cheaper than making bug fixes...so it has come to this the day where empty gesture became an acceptable proxy for actual empathy...how we fall.
#102Paper_Mario_4Posted 1/10/2013 7:48:18 PM
For a Halo game, it is half bad.

With that, I still think the game is only okay. A 6/10 is me being generous. I still feel so betrayed that CTF was watered down to such an extreme. And BTB Objective is nowhere to be found...It's saddening, truly it is.
#103BigCatFivePosted 1/10/2013 8:17:54 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
Seeing SunDevil defend Halo some more in the very thread where the developer said it had problems and that they'd try to do better next time... Well, that's just sad, really.
#104SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 8:20:49 PM
BigCatFive posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
Seeing SunDevil defend Halo some more in the very thread where the developer said it had problems and that they'd try to do better next time... Well, that's just sad, really.

I have fans ^^
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#105bd0g5Posted 1/10/2013 8:31:00 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
BigCatFive posted...
NovaLevossida posted...

I have fans ^^

No, fanboys don't have fans.
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#106Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/10/2013 9:49:47 PM
ITT : casuals redefine words like "bad", "nostalgia", "opinion", etc.

this is basic casual logic: "millions of people bought it, they can't be wrong!".

Newsflash: people are ******* stupid.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5
#107MR_SNUGGLETONSPosted 1/10/2013 10:09:24 PM
cobaltlotus posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

No. A game that sucks is Medal of Honor: Warfighter...Vampire Rain...Dragon Age 2. Those games are bad. Halo 4 is great, you're just a whiny, entitled child.

Halo 4 is a pretty average game. There's nothing stupendous about it and it does a lot of things wrong, while still managing to be a decent game.

If you think it's a 10/10 game, or a true AAA title, you're fooling yourself.

This. I don't see why everyone complains about this game. Sure it's not the best Halo or the best game ever but it beats a lot of other games.
---
RAWR!
#108octavius215Posted 1/10/2013 10:26:36 PM
I think 343 did a great job with this game. I really dont like the ordinance drops and miss finding weapons around the map but the only thing i think 343 REALLY messed up on was the post launch support. The playlists are awful and the lack of forge maps really sucks. I miss big team objective games :(
#109Clayton_RyanPosted 1/10/2013 11:17:51 PM
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

Hardcore fans would love it, regardless. Ever played the latest Silent Hills or Resident Evils? All are disappointments, overall, but I still enjoyed them, regardless.
You clearly just don't like the game. Plenty of people really enjoy Halo 4. I'm one of them. No negativity needed in this board.
---
Gamer tag-L0rd 2Tap
"You see what happens, Larry?!?"
#110xoAxeloxPosted 1/10/2013 11:42:35 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
lol wtf is this?

there's nothing inherently wrong with the game's mechanics, just lame playlists and not many maps, Spartan Ops is boring

What exactly did they "get wrong"? Seems like they're just believing the very vocal complainers.

the game is fundamentally a mess from the ground up

- weapons disappear too fast
- no real weapon spawns in EVERY PLAYLIST, resulting in the promotion of camping
- ordnance drops are a joke
- weapon balance issues, primarily with DMR/boltshot
- maps are way too large and seem to be sized for 6v6/8v8

i dunno i probably missed a lot but they did a lot of things wrong
---
PSN: axeei
XBL GT: axeeeeeeeeL