343: Next Halo will be 'much better'

#111flairePosted 1/11/2013 1:55:35 AM
Single player in Halo 4 is great. Same with the co-op.

I find the MP slightly more compelling than the older halo's. It still gets old fast, just like the old halo's. I find it hard to care if I level up or unlock anything in this game.
---
So many games......So little time.......
#112Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/11/2013 2:22:19 AM
Halo died on September 25th, 2010. RIP.
#113SLOPPYYYYYYYYYYPosted 1/11/2013 2:28:01 AM
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

14th
---
XBL: yPPoLs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxNhLlXaQMY my 2nd reach tage!
#114Wookie_Is_BackPosted 1/11/2013 2:29:38 AM
SLOPPYYYYYYYYYY posted...
Wookie_Is_Back posted...

14th

Reach was ok a first. The death was slow.
#115metroidfreakv4Posted 1/11/2013 2:54:49 AM
I haven't played this game in a couple weeks.. But what is wrong with it? None of my friends or I have an issue with it. It's my favorite since halo two. I just wish there was a ranking system. I thought it was fantastic.
Not trolling. So if anyone could give me reasons why and the glitches they speak of and all
---
WotLK ending cinematic: Arthas:Farther.....is this over?....
Farther:no my son....the raid resets next week..
#116Kai101xPosted 1/11/2013 9:06:00 AM
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

This right here is when the topic starting getting stupid. So many of you people don't know what "fan boy, nostalgia, opinion" means. Calling someone a fanboy for liking this game. Using the "nostalgia" card when someone mentions they enjoy the older games more. Saying "you were better at that game" as a reason for someone like the older game. Lol how stupid do you have to be to not realize how dumb it is to say these things seriously? Unless it's all just for trolling purposes.
#117JWhiskeyPosted 1/11/2013 2:14:23 PM(edited)
ZeroSky posted...
But the actual bulletin from Frank O'Connor is an interesting read. Although "best game in the series" is highly subjective.

I have seen numerous people misunderstand what is being said here. "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series." means:

"Halo 4 is the best-selling and fastest-selling Halo game in the series.", not "Halo 4 is the best Halo game and fastest-selling Halo game in the series."

Edit: Post 117. Yeah!

---
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
The ubertoss -> http://youtu.be/LlREAFP5Dns
#118ssj3bladePosted 1/11/2013 2:18:07 PM
From: Nidtendofreak | Posted: 1/10/2013 7:38:28 PM | #035
I started on Halo 3, and fairly late into Halo 3's life cycle. I think ODST came out maybe a year after I got it?

To me, Halo 4 is honestly a very boring game. Just something about the MP is just painfully dull to me. Even playing on the Valhalla remake, I can't get into the game at all. I know the load outs don't do it for me at all, neither do the armour abilities. I just got bored of the MP within a few days, and that's not a good sign. As much as I felt Reach's MP fell short compared to Halo 3's, I played Reach's MP for months and months.

The campaign, while slightly better than the MP, still falls flat. I wasn't invested in the story at all, and the Promeathens just annoyed me. They weren't fun to fight like the Covenant or the Flood, they were just a chore. A chore that kept popping up way too often. The environments were nice, but that's all I can really say about it. Everything else just felt...off. Not even the music felt right anymore. During the last level I had to stop and listen for a moment, because it sounded like a complete rip off of one of Mass Effect's songs. I can't remember which song, but half of each music loop in one part of the last level feels like it came straight from that series.

Spartan Ops were an interesting idea, but the maps repeat way too often. I haven't touched Forge mode but I've heard it has a number of issues.

Is this a bad game? No, but it's a lot closer to the "bad" end of the scale than the "great" end of the scale. Even if while still trying to claim it's the best Halo game, its good that 343 admitted they messed up a lot. Because they did. They basically need to rework everything for 5. If at all possible, completely scrap the Prometheans, or at least kill them off within the first few levels. Get rid of the loadouts in MP (keep them for Spartan Ops), get rid of Sprint, get rid of the armour abilities. Make the MP's focus completely on the maps again, instead of the weapons you choose.

I agree with this, except removing Sprint.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#119namewitheldPosted 1/11/2013 3:02:59 PM
343 arent Bungie/forum.
#120Phoenixmon2Posted 1/11/2013 3:36:24 PM
xoAxelox posted...
the game is fundamentally a mess from the ground up

- weapons disappear too fast
- no real weapon spawns in EVERY PLAYLIST, resulting in the promotion of camping
- ordnance drops are a joke
- weapon balance issues, primarily with DMR/boltshot
- maps are way too large and seem to be sized for 6v6/8v8

i dunno i probably missed a lot but they did a lot of things wrong

-I've noticed dropped power weapons disappear quickly. It's a balance measure, obviously. If 343 decides they should tweak it, they easily could.
-Another issue that can easily be changed. It does not significantly alter your ability to play the game.
-What does this even mean? I like the mechanic, and if you don't think it's a cool little twist on the Halo formula, don't play modes with it. More than half the playlists right now don't have it.
-Balance issues, as I've said, are easily dealt with and have nothing to do with the quality of the game.
-That's up for debate. Haven, Adrift, Abandon, Solace, and Harvest are fairly good 4v4 maps, IMO. Then you have about the same number of big team maps, which actually feel small to me.

None of those points are fundamentals. The fundamentals of a video game are the gameplay and the engine that supports it, the graphics and sound and presentation, it's stability and polish, things that make the game playable for a long time, even if there are tweaks that need to be made. That's what your list is, things that need to be tweaked.