343: Next Halo will be 'much better'

#121iRGushPosted 1/11/2013 2:48:51 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
xoAxelox posted...
the game is fundamentally a mess from the ground up

- weapons disappear too fast
- no real weapon spawns in EVERY PLAYLIST, resulting in the promotion of camping
- ordnance drops are a joke
- weapon balance issues, primarily with DMR/boltshot
- maps are way too large and seem to be sized for 6v6/8v8

i dunno i probably missed a lot but they did a lot of things wrong

-I've noticed dropped power weapons disappear quickly. It's a balance measure, obviously. If 343 decides they should tweak it, they easily could.
-Another issue that can easily be changed. It does not significantly alter your ability to play the game.
-What does this even mean? I like the mechanic, and if you don't think it's a cool little twist on the Halo formula, don't play modes with it. More than half the playlists right now don't have it.
-Balance issues, as I've said, are easily dealt with and have nothing to do with the quality of the game.
-That's up for debate. Haven, Adrift, Abandon, Solace, and Harvest are fairly good 4v4 maps, IMO. Then you have about the same number of big team maps, which actually feel small to me.

None of those points are fundamentals. The fundamentals of a video game are the gameplay and the engine that supports it, the graphics and sound and presentation, it's stability and polish, things that make the game playable for a long time, even if there are tweaks that need to be made. That's what your list is, things that need to be tweaked.

just because something is an easy fix, doesn't mean it will happen. Look how long a bloom fix took in reach.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#122Phoenixmon2Posted 1/11/2013 3:27:35 PM
don't talk about "bloom" plz
#123Ernesto45Posted 1/11/2013 3:29:46 PM
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

You claim to hate this game, but you sure as hell LOVE being on these boards, don't you?
Seems you have plenty of time to waste.
#124SeraphLancePosted 1/11/2013 5:25:47 PM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
ITT : casuals redefine words like "bad", "nostalgia", "opinion", etc.

this is basic casual logic: "millions of people bought it, they can't be wrong!".

Newsflash: people are ******* stupid.

Newsflash: Your opinion is just as worthless as everyone elses. Welcome to insignificance!
---
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
#125Super VejitaPosted 1/11/2013 5:54:10 PM
ODomm posted...
They aren't admitting the game is horrible, they said it was a good attempt at Halo, which means it was a good game.

And I agree with that. Halo 4 was good. There's a reason it got such critical praise and numerous awards.

This. Those who think it's a terrible game are entitled to their opinions sure, but it's not like it's a fact.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" ~Dracula
#126AurawhispererPosted 1/11/2013 6:08:30 PM
Like other posters stated. I too, would explain how poorly halo 4 was developed based on MP. But you fanboys probably never played any of the previous halos before and too blind to understand.
The story was great however.
But the MP? I played better
#127Kpt_KapowskiPosted 1/11/2013 7:44:53 PM
SeraphLance posted...
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
ITT : casuals redefine words like "bad", "nostalgia", "opinion", etc.

this is basic casual logic: "millions of people bought it, they can't be wrong!".

Newsflash: people are ******* stupid.

Newsflash: Your opinion is just as worthless as everyone elses. Welcome to insignificance!

I'd like you to prove that the vast majority of gamers and/or consumers in general aren't stupid.
---
Green Bay Packers 2012: 12-5
#128ZeroSky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 9:30:36 AM
JWhiskey posted...
ZeroSky posted...
But the actual bulletin from Frank O'Connor is an interesting read. Although "best game in the series" is highly subjective.

I have seen numerous people misunderstand what is being said here. "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series." means:

"Halo 4 is the best-selling and fastest-selling Halo game in the series.", not "Halo 4 is the best Halo game and fastest-selling Halo game in the series."

Edit: Post 117. Yeah!

I suppose you could be right there. It was just worded in such a way that it could be taken to have either meaning. It would be quite a thinly veiled shot at Bungie though if that was the intended meaning, saying "we made a lot of mistakes and we'll do much better next time, but it's still the best game in the series". Which I wouldn't really expect from Frank O'Connor, but who knows.
#129OMGTHEENDPosted 1/12/2013 9:41:56 AM
tranceaddict19 posted...
Half bad ya game deserves a 5/10

Hopefully to make up for it they release Halo 5 at half price for 4 owners...

lulzzzz ya right!

Dumb person is dumb person.
#130DiaperDandeePosted 1/12/2013 11:37:16 AM
jesse_skater posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

No. A game that sucks is Medal of Honor: Warfighter...Vampire Rain...Dragon Age 2. Those games are bad. Halo 4 is great, you're just a whiny, entitled child.

No this game sucks. I would take the time to explain why, but I would be wasting my time. It has been explained why over and over again, but like I previously stated...blind fanboy.

The only time I can stand this game is when I'm playing with friends.
I used to play alone all the time and not get bored after a few hours. But I can only play about 1-2 games of h4 by myself before I'm tired of playing. And I'm not in the least the only one who feels this way.

So is that your defense anytime people disagree with you? They are simply wrong and a fanboy. How about you start going to school kid and learn what opinions are.
---
Playing (360/WiiU): Halo 4, Fallout 3: GOTY, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, REmake