343: Next Halo will be 'much better'

#21seminolesoccerPosted 1/10/2013 12:09:44 PM
ZeroSky posted...
Franchise director Frank O'Connor says 343 Industries "made a lot of mistakes" with Halo 4, but overall the game "wasn't half bad."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/343-next-halo-will-be-much-better-6402200

Article Excerpt:
"We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better," Halo franchise director Frank O'Connor said in a retrospective blog post. "And we know this, and we will."

O'Connor said there were a "ton" of things 343 wished it had done better with Halo 4, including the implementation of features that didn't make it into the final game, various glitches that surfaced, "DLC fiascos," and communication breakdowns.

The developer didn't only focus on the negatives in the blog post, admitting that "for a first effort, [Halo 4] wasn't half bad." Bright spots during the development of Halo 4 included the formation of a tight-knit development team and the overhaul of the game engine, he said.

Wow. So they admitted it. I never actually expected them to say anything like that. I also like how Microsoft tried to cover up the DLC problems with blatantly made up stories about it being an intentional map pack trial, and Frank O'Connor comes right out and refers to it as a fiasco.

But if I'm reading that right, he essentially said "our first try at making a Halo game at least didn't completely suck, so hooray". Not what I was expecting, but I suppose better than blindly ignoring the game's problems and claiming it to be the awesomest thing ever.

except you cherrypicked that quote out of the post that was at least 60/40 very positive and had stuff like this to say:

Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series. It won critical acclaim. It won awards, from Best Graphics at the VGAs to Game of the Year at the Inside Gaming Awards. We altered the engine. We expanded the universe. We innovated in storytelling, technology, and even marketing. It wasn’t flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success

leave it to gfaqs community members to pretty much take everything out of context

of course there was stuff they wish they could've improved on and situations that could've been handled better

the official pr line from MS is always going to read that way and expecting any different is naivete to the extreme. seriously, bungie (or in this case ex-bungie-rs) has almost always been straight with their fanbase.

stop trying to blow everything up and just enjoy the game..or not.
---
PSN: Viper51989
GT: IL Viper IL
#22jesse_skaterPosted 1/10/2013 12:10:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23Ultima_WraithPosted 1/10/2013 12:11:37 PM
jesse_skater posted...
If I go back and play mlg in reach or h2 on xbc, I enjoy it 10x better to this day than playing this game.

That kinda hints at the fact that this game isnt very good.

Not really, that's more nostalgia than anything, I really enjoy the original Dragon Warrior game because of the feeling I get when I leave town and encounter the first slime of my adventure. That doesn't mean the other ones aren't good, just that nostalgia makes me like my first experiences more fondly.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#24SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 12:11:53 PM
jesse_skater posted...
If I go back and play mlg in reach or h2 on xbc, I enjoy it 10x better to this day than playing this game.

Then you don't like the game, that doesn't make it bad.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#25ssbmchamp109Posted 1/10/2013 12:13:28 PM
Halo 4 was a success, the fact that he admits it's mistakes and says the studio can do much better is very humble of him.
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Minecraft, Borderlands 2, Forza 4, Dishonored, Assassin's Creed 3, XCOM E.U., Halo 4, Journey.
PSN & XBL: Deathswitch109
#26seminolesoccerPosted 1/10/2013 12:15:40 PM
jesse_skater posted...

possibly not enjoying it because you're just not as good at it as past halos? just a thought..
---
PSN: Viper51989
GT: IL Viper IL
#27enterthemadroxPosted 1/10/2013 12:16:13 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

No. A game that sucks is Medal of Honor: Warfighter...Vampire Rain...Dragon Age 2. Those games are bad. Halo 4 is great, you're just a whiny, entitled child.

Emphasis on the bolded part. Well said.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#28jesse_skaterPosted 1/10/2013 12:17:55 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29ODommPosted 1/10/2013 12:18:14 PM
seminolesoccer posted...
jesse_skater posted...

possibly not enjoying it because you're just not as good at it as past halos? just a thought..

I kind of think this might be a factor...
Also, nostalgia goggles
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#30jesse_skaterPosted 1/10/2013 12:21:16 PM
H4GB in a nutshell:

if you dont like halo 4, you're a whiny child wearing nostalgia goggles
---
XBL: Jesse I3aker