343: Next Halo will be 'much better'

#31SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 12:22:55 PM
jesse_skater posted...
H4GB in a nutshell:

if you dont like halo 4, you're a whiny child wearing nostalgia goggles

No, if you call it a "bad" game because you don't like it, you're whiny and a child.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#32Ultima_WraithPosted 1/10/2013 12:23:02 PM
jesse_skater posted...
H4GB in a nutshell:

if you dont like halo 4, you're a whiny child wearing nostalgia goggles

H4WB in a nutshell
I hold an opinion and it must be correct, so I'll just wave my hand and say that it's been covered before and i don't have to explain myself while ignoring people that are wiling to explain their own.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#33cobaltlotusPosted 1/10/2013 12:24:46 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

No. A game that sucks is Medal of Honor: Warfighter...Vampire Rain...Dragon Age 2. Those games are bad. Halo 4 is great, you're just a whiny, entitled child.

Halo 4 is a pretty average game. There's nothing stupendous about it and it does a lot of things wrong, while still managing to be a decent game.

If you think it's a 10/10 game, or a true AAA title, you're fooling yourself.
---
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is god tier. There, I said it.
http://goo.gl/6MEyA ~ Please click!
#34BlueRunway05Posted 1/10/2013 12:29:52 PM
We already knew what happened with the DLC. No point trying to find out the truth since we know it. Besides, it's not a big deal.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#35NidtendofreakPosted 1/10/2013 12:38:28 PM
I started on Halo 3, and fairly late into Halo 3's life cycle. I think ODST came out maybe a year after I got it?

To me, Halo 4 is honestly a very boring game. Just something about the MP is just painfully dull to me. Even playing on the Valhalla remake, I can't get into the game at all. I know the load outs don't do it for me at all, neither do the armour abilities. I just got bored of the MP within a few days, and that's not a good sign. As much as I felt Reach's MP fell short compared to Halo 3's, I played Reach's MP for months and months.

The campaign, while slightly better than the MP, still falls flat. I wasn't invested in the story at all, and the Promeathens just annoyed me. They weren't fun to fight like the Covenant or the Flood, they were just a chore. A chore that kept popping up way too often. The environments were nice, but that's all I can really say about it. Everything else just felt...off. Not even the music felt right anymore. During the last level I had to stop and listen for a moment, because it sounded like a complete rip off of one of Mass Effect's songs. I can't remember which song, but half of each music loop in one part of the last level feels like it came straight from that series.

Spartan Ops were an interesting idea, but the maps repeat way too often. I haven't touched Forge mode but I've heard it has a number of issues.

Is this a bad game? No, but it's a lot closer to the "bad" end of the scale than the "great" end of the scale. Even if while still trying to claim it's the best Halo game, its good that 343 admitted they messed up a lot. Because they did. They basically need to rework everything for 5. If at all possible, completely scrap the Prometheans, or at least kill them off within the first few levels. Get rid of the loadouts in MP (keep them for Spartan Ops), get rid of Sprint, get rid of the armour abilities. Make the MP's focus completely on the maps again, instead of the weapons you choose.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#36SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 12:38:35 PM
cobaltlotus posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
jesse_skater posted...
the game sucks...

honestly anyone who says this game is great are blind 343 fanboys. this game CAN be fun sometimes. but its not great by any means.

No. A game that sucks is Medal of Honor: Warfighter...Vampire Rain...Dragon Age 2. Those games are bad. Halo 4 is great, you're just a whiny, entitled child.

Halo 4 is a pretty average game. There's nothing stupendous about it and it does a lot of things wrong, while still managing to be a decent game.

If you think it's a 10/10 game, or a true AAA title, you're fooling yourself.

Never said 10/10. Also, you don't know what AAA means.
But it certainly isn't a bad game. Easily a 7.5/8 out of 10. The game plays the best out of any game on 360, and it is GORGEOUS for a 7 year old system. 343 squeezed every bit of potential left in the ol' 360.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#37Ultima_WraithPosted 1/10/2013 12:43:09 PM
Nidtendofreak posted...
I started on Halo 3, and fairly late into Halo 3's life cycle. I think ODST came out maybe a year after I got it?

To me, Halo 4 is honestly a very boring game. Just something about the MP is just painfully dull to me. Even playing on the Valhalla remake, I can't get into the game at all. I know the load outs don't do it for me at all, neither do the armour abilities. I just got bored of the MP within a few days, and that's not a good sign. As much as I felt Reach's MP fell short compared to Halo 3's, I played Reach's MP for months and months.

The campaign, while slightly better than the MP, still falls flat. I wasn't invested in the story at all, and the Promeathens just annoyed me. They weren't fun to fight like the Covenant or the Flood, they were just a chore. A chore that kept popping up way too often. The environments were nice, but that's all I can really say about it. Everything else just felt...off. Not even the music felt right anymore. During the last level I had to stop and listen for a moment, because it sounded like a complete rip off of one of Mass Effect's songs. I can't remember which song, but half of each music loop in one part of the last level feels like it came straight from that series.

Spartan Ops were an interesting idea, but the maps repeat way too often. I haven't touched Forge mode but I've heard it has a number of issues.

Is this a bad game? No, but it's a lot closer to the "bad" end of the scale than the "great" end of the scale. Even if while still trying to claim it's the best Halo game, its good that 343 admitted they messed up a lot. Because they did. They basically need to rework everything for 5. If at all possible, completely scrap the Prometheans, or at least kill them off within the first few levels. Get rid of the loadouts in MP (keep them for Spartan Ops), get rid of Sprint, get rid of the armour abilities. Make the MP's focus completely on the maps again, instead of the weapons you choose.

Now see, this is a well stated opinion. And it's easy to see if that's how the game is for you then you wouldn't enjoy it. Personally I did like it, the prometheans were more challenging which I liked since i had gotten tired of one-shotting everything but the elites (hunters use to be one-shottable just for the information of those that didn't know). It was nice to me to run into an enemy that wasn't ground beneath my footfalls as I marched endlessly forward.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#38ZeroSky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:51:29 PM
seminolesoccer posted...
except you cherrypicked that quote out of the post that was at least 60/40 very positive and had stuff like this to say:

Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series. It won critical acclaim. It won awards, from Best Graphics at the VGAs to Game of the Year at the Inside Gaming Awards. We altered the engine. We expanded the universe. We innovated in storytelling, technology, and even marketing. It wasn’t flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success

leave it to gfaqs community members to pretty much take everything out of context

of course there was stuff they wish they could've improved on and situations that could've been handled better

the official pr line from MS is always going to read that way and expecting any different is naivete to the extreme. seriously, bungie (or in this case ex-bungie-rs) has almost always been straight with their fanbase.

stop trying to blow everything up and just enjoy the game..or not.

Blame GameSpot for the out of context cherry picking then. I don't follow the Waypoint website, and only stumbled across the GameSpot article by chance. Found it interesting, so I passed it along. But the actual bulletin from Frank O'Connor is an interesting read. Although "best game in the series" is highly subjective.

Either way, I'm at least curious to see how things go with the playlist updates, new maps, and title update coming in the future. But it's unlikely to change how I feel about the game very much.
#39Predaking 2Posted 1/10/2013 12:53:52 PM
jesse_skater posted...
If I go back and play mlg in reach or h2 on xbc, I enjoy it 10x better to this day than playing this game.

That kinda hints at the fact that this game isnt very good.

There we have it people!

Regression is what we look for!
---
Are people with fat fingers allowed to become proctologists?
#40iRGushPosted 1/10/2013 12:54:41 PM
I dont see how people can call those who hate the game the vocal minority, 400,000 left the game because its bad. If they all came and posted why they quit, who do you think would be the real minority?
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.