343: Next Halo will be 'much better'

#41SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 12:58:32 PM
iRGush posted...
I dont see how people can call those who hate the game the vocal minority, 400,000 left the game because its bad. If they all came and posted why they quit, who do you think would be the real minority?

Because it's still #2 on most played
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#42Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/10/2013 12:59:15 PM
You mean that there are like... other people out there besides gamefaqs?
---
The Jersey Guy
#43ZeroSky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:02:13 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
iRGush posted...
I dont see how people can call those who hate the game the vocal minority, 400,000 left the game because its bad. If they all came and posted why they quit, who do you think would be the real minority?

Umm... Minecraft pushed it down to #3 last week.

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/09/live-activity-for-week-of-december-31st/

Not that there aren't plenty of people still playing, though. Every game loses a large amount of players after the initial rush of new people trying it out. Except Call of Duty maybe, I don't know.
#44iRGushPosted 1/10/2013 1:05:59 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
iRGush posted...

Its #3 and will probably drop lower with the release of new games like Gears and the next CoD.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#45SunDevil77Posted 1/10/2013 1:06:04 PM
ZeroSky posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
iRGush posted...

Umm... Minecraft pushed it down to #3 last week.

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/09/live-activity-for-week-of-december-31st/

Not that there aren't plenty of people still playing, though. Every game loses a large amount of players after the initial rush of new people trying it out. Except Call of Duty maybe, I don't know.

Ah, still. It will not drop below 3rd. Minecraft, the current CoD, and the current Halo will always be the top 3.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#46ZeroSky(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 1:11:34 PM
iRGush posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
iRGush posted...

Its #3 and will probably drop lower with the release of new games like Gears and the next CoD.

Not that I have a problem with it, but when has Gears ever stayed very high on the list for long? The newest Gears out currently is #16, just one spot above Reach.
#47iRGushPosted 1/10/2013 1:17:07 PM
ZeroSky posted...
iRGush posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
iRGush posted...

Not that I have a problem with it, but when has Gears ever stayed very high on the list for long? The newest Gears out currently is #16, just one spot above Reach.

The game is pretty old and the fanbase died off after gears 2. Halo reach had ~70k concurrent and was #8 last year, halo 4 is at 90k concurrent so its not too far off. I doubt gears will last long but it'll put a dent in the population. Shame they are casualizing the game like Halo and adding loadouts and taking out downs.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#48BigCatFivePosted 1/10/2013 1:17:57 PM
This board is hilarious.

Halo: Reach had problems, yet 343 just ignored them and made a nearly identical game. Then it not only had virtually the same problems, but they were compounded with map pack disasters and specialization emails.

Now 343 own up to the issues people have with the game, and others STILL defend it.
#49tranceaddict19Posted 1/10/2013 1:19:49 PM
BigCatFive posted...
This board is hilarious.

Halo: Reach had problems, yet 343 just ignored them and made a nearly identical game. Then it not only had virtually the same problems, but they were compounded with map pack disasters and specialization emails.

Now 343 own up to the issues people have with the game, and others STILL defend it.

They are blind to the truth!
---
360 GT- eljuanandonly
#50FaithInAllPosted 1/10/2013 1:35:22 PM
This games fun but it tried to out-COD COD. Perks and loadouts should have been left to COD and Halo should have just done Halo. I remember back in the Halo 3/COD 4 days I would switch in between them because they were both their own experience and did very well at that.

The way this franchise is going I can only imagine Halo 5 with even faster kill times, killstreaks, and equipment such as stuns/flashes.